• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2020!!

capstone21

A question.  If you were Giannis, would you rather play with Trae or Luka?  Not a question of who's better.  Who would you rather play with?

To me, Luka/Giannis play the same position.  Basically eat from the same spots on the floor, so it's not as cut and dry as people seem to think it is.

Thoughts?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Dejay said:

That's what I've been saying all along, which is why I was so thrilled about what Schlenk did with the 3rd year of Gallinari's deal. By the time they're ready to make a decision on guaranteeing him, we should all know what Reddish and Hunter brings to the table. Same for Huerter backing up Bogdan, especially with a veteran like Snell who can push him as well.

Agreed.  I said yesterday, this is a 2 year experiment to see which of the young wings will be around for the long haul.  They're gonna either rise to the top or shrink from the challenge. Let's Get it!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, marco102 said:

This should be a separate thread, but I'll hijack..lol

Luka's a great player so he could work with anyone. However, I see what you mean.  Luka does his dirty work at the rim too.

Trae would give Giannis soo much space, like he's never had in his career.  The fit is more natural with Trae and Giannis.  

That's what I'm getting at.

And, yes this does feel like a hijack.  😄

• Haha 2

• Admin
14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's funny reading the people who are down on the Hawks moves.  The same people who ripped us for "playing guys that didn't deserve minutes" are now ripping us for pickup up guys who'll take minutes away from the young guys they didn't think deserved minutes.

Wait, the same dudes you thought weren't any good ... you now want them to play?

The same people that ripped us for "tanking" are now ripping us for adding to the team and trying to win.

I love it.

SI gave us an A- ... Lakers also got an A- and Portland ... everyone else was below us

• Like 3

Worst offseason move, by far, is Grant to DET.  Dude is a 9pt/game guy who was made to look good on a loaded DEN team.

What's he gonna do for the Pistons now that he's actually listed on the opposing scouting report?

Good for him that he got paid but, yikes for Detroit.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Worst offseason move, by far, is Grant to DET.  Dude is a 9pt/game guy who was made to look good on a loaded DEN team.

What's he gonna do for the Pistons now that he's actually listed on the opposing scouting report?

20 per seems kinda steep.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I think Supes is afraid that if JC gets a big deal, there won't be enough money to pay Cam, if he becomes good.

By the time Cam is due (if he's good enough to get an early extension) Gallo, Snell and Rondo will be gone - that's $39 million. Also the consider the cap may be on the upswing again. Besides if we are good enough and in playoff contention for a top spot in the East...Ressler gotta open that cheque book and PAY the man.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Reminds me of Caroll leaving for the Raps.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, GameTime said:

The same ones saying the Bogie to Bucks move would bring Milwaukee over the hump are now saying he is just an average player since we got him.

Lol, let him had gotten to the Lakers. The national folks would've had the entire planet thinking that he was better than Drazen Petrovic (look him up, newbies). But since he signed with the Hawks, he's just a lighter version of Shelvin Mack...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2