• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Danilo Gallinari Signs with Hawks

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Premium Member

Galo one of the most underrated scorers in terms of efficiency. TS% of over 61% the last two years. (Hunter and Reddish were at 52% and 50% respectively). We need players that can shoot, and on top of being able to shoot Galo is a free throw magnet and a massive body at the three where he will see most of his minutes here. If Hunter can become the defender we all hope he can be he will be a great 6th/7th man for us which is his ceiling in my unpopular opinion. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Galo one of the most underrated scorers in terms of efficiency. TS% of over 61% the last two years. (Hunter and Reddish were at 52% and 50% respectively). We need players that can shoot, and on top of being able to shoot Galo is a free throw magnet and a massive body at the three where he will see most of his minutes here. If Hunter can become the defender we all hope he can be he will be a great 6th/7th man for us which is his ceiling in my unpopular opinion. 

I think he'll play the majority of his minutes at the 4. 

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I'm not so sure about this signing.  Defense sucks, Rebounding and play making skills are mediocre but can shoot. 26 mil over 3 years?  Hmmm!  How many minutes does he play per game?

I think you’re just mad because you said the Hawks would do nothing and now they landed a top 5 FA.  😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member

Gallo's defense does not suck. He can block or alter shots quite well with his arm reach. He needs to stay at PF due to foot speed at this point in his career. His rebounding is ok, defense is ok to below average. 

Thankfully he'll have Capella or Big O next to him to help those two weaknesses.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Can he defend the 3?

Five years ago he could. Not now. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

I think you’re just mad because you said the Hawks would do nothing and now they landed a top 5 FA.  😉

Not mad just confused....By the way, he was # 9 on this list

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/nba-free-agents-2020-ranking-anthony-davis/6miuh808fj51sm535cvdeafc

• Moderators

Top 10 FA isn’t nothing.

Also a bit tough to take a list seriously when their #4 guy isn’t even getting $10M.  Feels like they may not have had their hand truly on the pulse of this market.

• Premium Member

Can he defend the 3?

Yes, not excpetionally well, but he played that position for over 10 years. Overall Gallo is a pretty underrated defender. He isn't a lockdown defender or anything like that but he is actually solid because for a player with his massive wingspan he is pretty nimble. 

https://www.clipsnation.com/2018/10/18/17982390/danilo-gallinari-is-an-underrated-nba-defender

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Certainly better than last year but pretty expensive for a bench guy.

He's going to get around 28-30 minutes for us regardless of whether he starts or not. 

Just now, Peoriabird said:

How do we divvy up these minutes in the front court now?

Let's see what the roster is first, we have no idea. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Atlantaholic said:

He's going to get around 28-30 minutes for us regardless of whether he starts or not. 

Collins plays 30 minutes at pf right which leaves 18 minutes at the 4 spot.  Are you saying he plays another 12 minutes at the 3? Scratch that at the 5...We are talking about LP's line ups! 🤓