• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Danilo Gallinari Signs with Hawks

PSSSHHHRRR87

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Don't get me wrong...I like big line ups.  I don't mind giving up jumps shots... its just the layup drill that drive me nuts.

Me too!  Hate it when our opponent starts a layup drill against the Hawks !!

:hi:

• Like 2

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

Lol we'll see. 

Trust me you don’t want SEE Gallo at the 3 defensively lol...he don’t have the foot speed to keep up with 3s today.

Maybe if the 3s today were peja type but these guys are too fast today

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

Trust me you don’t want SEE Gallo at the 3 defensively lol...he don’t have the foot speed to keep up with 3s today.

Maybe if the 3s today were peja type but these guys are too fast today

So how many minutes do you think he sees on the court if he doesn't play the 3?

1 hour ago, Cwell said:

I also hope we don’t play guys just because we paid them a certain amount of money

Well, I would hope we have enough discernment not to pay guys we don't want to play.

Either way, let the best man win. Let competition play out and be objective about it. The moment a locker room sees someone get playing time they don't deserve is when your messaging starts to fall on deaf ears.

Be honest, upfront, and fair. No favorites. Its winning time.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Well, I would hope we have enough discernment not to pay guys we don't want to play.

Either way, let the best man win. Let competition play out and be objective about it. The moment a locker room sees someone get playing time they don't deserve is when your messaging starts to fall on deaf ears.

Be honest, upfront, and fair. No favorites. Its winning time.

Sometimes it doesn’t work out(Father Time/system fit) sometimes dark horses rise up. 

My point is, does Pierce have the balls to bench a Matt Flynn who you just paid starter money to, when your undersized 3rd round rookie by the name of Russel Wilson outplays him in camp?

This is what I don’t want to see because 99.9% of coaches take the safe route with Flynn. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cwell said:

Sometimes it doesn’t work out(Father Time/system fit) sometimes dark horses rise up. 

My point is, does Pierce have the balls to bench a Matt Flynn who you just paid starter money to, when your undersized 3rd round rookie by the name of Russel Wilson outplays him in camp?

This is what I don’t want to see because 99.9% of coaches take the safe route with Flynn. 

Got it, basically saying dont just hand Gallinari starters minutes if Hunter/Collins are outplaying him.

• Like 2

Possible minutes rotation

PG - Trae ( 33 ) - Goodwin ( 12 ) - Huerter ( 3 )

G - Reddish ( 22 ) - Huerter ( 22 ) - Hunter ( 4 )

F - Hunter ( 24 ) - Gallo ( 18 ) - Reddish ( 6 )

PF - Collins ( 32 ) - Gallo ( 8 ) - Bruno ( 8 )

C - Capela ( 28 ) - Okongwu ( 12 ) - Bruno ( 8 )

• Trae ( 33 )
  • Collins ( 32 )
  • Capela ( 28 )
  • Hunter ( 28 )
  • Reddish ( 28 )

• Gallo ( 26 )
  • Huerter ( 25 )
  • Bruno ( 16 )
  • Goodwin ( 12 )
  • Okongwu ( 12 )

If you add Bogan to the lineup, you cut out the PT of one of the bigs ( Bruno or Okongwu ), play Gallo more at PF than at SF, and you increase the PT of Huerter at the point.  Also, you cut the minutes of whatever wing is playing poorly. No more automatic 26 minutes/game, if you're playing like crap.  The "hot hand" gets to play.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

As we all know, that's not always been the way business was done here. Remember the BK days? For years on this board, we railed about Marvin and both Joshes lacking 'want to' when it came to improving their skills on the court, especially in the offseason (and it showed). That's because they all knew that there was no competition for their spots in the lineup, no matter what. And even at the slightest whisper of trouble, they found a way to leave rather than work harder (see Childress, Joshua).

While Hunter and Reddish appear to already show more work ethic than the three of them combined here, Schlenk isn't taking any chances...

Edited by Dejay
  • Thanks 2