• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Danilo Gallinari Signs with Hawks

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I wonder who gets to wear #8 between Gallinari and Bogi?

This season is going to be so dope lol

5 hours ago, Cwell said:

Bogdan is 13. Gallinari signed first and has worn 8 his whole career so I’d assume he gets 8. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, GameTime said:

Partial guarantee on the third year.... interesting.

This is even better.   Schlenk knocked it outta the park. I was hoping that last year was a team option or partial guarantee. That's HUUUUUGE!

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Dejay said:

I was hoping that that final year was a team option or partially guaranteed and oh boy.

We finally have a Hawks GM who actually knows what to do on a chess board. Not only does he partially guarantees the third year but convinces him to be the 6th man off the bench as well?

Soak it in, everyone. These aren't our Father's Hawks anymore...

Wrong, these aren't our era's Hawks anymore. My father's Hawks experienced some decent organization with winning in the 80's and 90's. My era Hawks have experienced nothing but draft misses and poor corp decisions all the while being extremely cheap and blaming the city of Atlanta for the failure of the org. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Wrong, these aren't our era's Hawks anymore. My father's Hawks experienced some decent organization with winning in the 80's and 90's. My era Hawks have experienced nothing but draft misses and poor corp decisions all the while being extremely cheap and blaming the city of Atlanta for the failure of the org. 

I lived through all of that in the late-'70s, '80s, and '90s so my Father's Hawks go a little further back (pre-John Drew, Rollins, Fast Eddie, Hubie Brown, and Roundfield). With the exception of Nique's prime years ('86-89), the depth of those teams were as shallow as a kiddie pool. That goes double for the Mookie, Smith, and Mutombo years where guys like Eldridge Recasner and Henri James were seen as key players on the bench.

And don't get me started on guys from the Notorious ASG (see Guerin, Michael) blaming the fans on not selling out the building every night for a product that the entire planet knew had no shot of seriously contending for anything of worth. That ownership group, front office, let alone the style of play from those teams damn near lost an entire generation of fans in this town. Thankfully, all of them are now in the dustpans of Hawks history; where they should've been all along...

Edited by Dejay
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Dejay said:

I lived through all of that in the late-'70s, '80s, and '90s so my Father's Hawks go a little further back (pre-John Drew, Rollins, Fast Eddie, Hubie Brown, and Roundfield). With the exception of Nique's prime years ('86-89), the depth of those teams were as shallow as a kiddie pool. That goes double for the Mookie, Smith, and Mutombo years where guys like Eldridge Recasner and Henri James were seen as key players on the bench.

And don't get me started on guys from the Notorious ASG (see Guerin, Michael) blaming the fans on not selling out the building every night for a product that the entire planet knew had no shot of seriously contending for anything of worth. That ownership group, front office, let alone the style of play from those teams damn near lost an entire generation of fans in this town. Thankfully, all of them are now in the dustpans of Hawks history; where they should've been all along...

I became a Hawks fan in 1987...Those were my Hawks.....sigh!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Oh man, I found this to be funny!

i guess that's when she moved on the Kris Humphries, I think he was with the Nets at thr time, lol.

When are people going to learn that these celebrity couples are completely contrived and manufactured. 

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 3

Gallo may be a work of glass but at least he seems to have some common sense. Hoping for him to give us a good run of games so as to have some answers answered about this evolving rotation. Money spent needs a reward you know.  Am a good bit worried about that.

• Like 3