• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Collins be traded??

Diesel

• Premium Member

We put a lot of money into Gallanari.  I don't think he's better than Collins but we put a lot of money into him.   The question is did we do this to trade Collins for what we believe is a better player?  We say that Gallanari can play the 3, but he's so slow footed that it doesn't make sense to bench both Cam and Dre for Gallanari?

I keep hearing that we're going after Buddy Hield?

It's at least a valid question given the 20 million a year.   I'm struggling to really see how Gallo is going to get significant minutes.  And can we put to rest any notion of him playing the 3?  It would be an absolute disaster.  Teams would be looking at Trae at 1 and Gallo at 3 and salivating to score at will.  What it means for JC is curious to say the least.  Maybe we will have a 20million a year guy getting 15-20 minutes.  Crazy I know but who knows.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If you can tell me which player you are trading Collins for that's better than him.

Gallo is 32, signing him has a REPLACEMENT for Collins makes even less sense.

Link to Buddy rumor?

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/why-hypothetical-kings-hawks-buddy-014450397.html

https://hoopshabit.com/2020/10/31/sacramento-kings-trade-buddy-hield/

Buddy Hield

Hield signed a reasonable 4-year, $106 million extension with the Sacramento Kings, but he might not even complete the first year of it. His relationship with Luke Walton is on the rocks, and there’s a good chance the Kings decide to move him this offseason and continue re-tooling their roster. If that’s the case, the Hawks make sense, as long as the asking price isn’t too egregious.

Hield’s one of the best three-point shooters in the game, averaging 17.8 points and shooting over 41% from behind the arc over the last three seasons combined. Pairing him with Young would give the Hawks a deadly offensive backcourt… but defensively, it would be a mess. Atlanta is desperate for some three-point shooting, but I’m not sure if this is the direction they want to go.

Like I said in the beginning, I heard rumors and more from Youtube of us being interested in Buddy Hield.   When you think about it.. it makes sense.   Though some were about the 6th pick... what if it were just we were interested in getting Hield and Sactown is interested in moving him.  Any trade could work.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If you can tell me which player you are trading Collins for that's better than him.

Gallo is 32, signing him has a REPLACEMENT for Collins makes even less sense.

Link to Buddy rumor?

Gallo being 32 didn't stop us for paying him 61 Million on three years. 

Think about that.  You say his age makes him a role player.   However,   we're not paying him like a role player.   Especially when the cap is soon to go down.   He's not well suited for the 3 anymore and Collins is not a 5 last time I looked. 

It may be something else like Hunter for Hield...  but we still have a playing time problem with collins.  He gives up some of his playing time to Gallo when this is the year that he's supposed to be a 36 - 40 mpg player. 

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/why-hypothetical-kings-hawks-buddy-014450397.html

https://hoopshabit.com/2020/10/31/sacramento-kings-trade-buddy-hield/

Buddy Hield

Hield signed a reasonable 4-year, $106 million extension with the Sacramento Kings, but he might not even complete the first year of it. His relationship with Luke Walton is on the rocks, and there’s a good chance the Kings decide to move him this offseason and continue re-tooling their roster. If that’s the case, the Hawks make sense, as long as the asking price isn’t too egregious.

Hield’s one of the best three-point shooters in the game, averaging 17.8 points and shooting over 41% from behind the arc over the last three seasons combined. Pairing him with Young would give the Hawks a deadly offensive backcourt… but defensively, it would be a mess. Atlanta is desperate for some three-point shooting, but I’m not sure if this is the direction they want to go.

Like I said in the beginning, I heard rumors and more from Youtube of us being interested in Buddy Hield.   When you think about it.. it makes sense.   Though some were about the 6th pick... what if it were just we were interested in getting Hield and Sactown is interested in moving him.  Any trade could work.

We are not moving Collins for Buddy Hield.  This is simply ATROCIOUS!

• Like 3

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Gallo being 32 didn't stop us for paying him 61 Million on three years. 

Think about that.  You say his age makes him a role player.   However,   we're not paying him like a role player.   Especially when the cap is soon to go down.   He's not well suited for the 3 anymore and Collins is not a 5 last time I looked. 

It may be something else like Hunter for Hield...  but we still have a playing time problem with collins.  He gives up some of his playing time to Gallo when this is the year that he's supposed to be a 36 - 40 mpg player. 

I said nothing about Gallo being a role player. All I said is he isn't replacing JC.

Hunter for Hield, lolololol, how about Hell No......Again Link please?  Edit...saw the links.

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Loved anyone who said NO. 

Oh and ONE STAR THREAD!

:hehe: Never gets old.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

We are keeping JC.  Welcome to a roster with depth!

As a special favor to the board or a Christmas gift from the mods, can we make an entire thread of all of the awful trade proposal from Diesel???  Please!!!!  We can call it Diesel's corner store where you can buy a Rolex for $50

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Loved anyone who said NO. 

Oh and ONE STAR THREAD!

Hey...

When is the Big Blockbuster Deal going down???

The 21st of Neverary?

You have a big 0 star thread going on called Asked Supes.   Let's ask Supes to be accountable for his BS??

Just now, Diesel said:

Hey...

When is the Big Blockbuster Deal going down???

The 21st of Neverary?

You have a big 0 star thread going on called Asked Supes.   Let's ask Supes to be accountable for his BS??

Atleast I tell you that mine is a thought or an idea.  I don't try to pass myself off as some type of insider....

That's the difference!