• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Collins be traded??

Diesel

• Premium Member

We are quick to forget our GMs continuous words about "Character guys" and a certain 25 game drug suspension. 

Moreover, Edwards is said if he reaches his ceiling will be a HOF player.   Can we say the same about Collins?

16 minutes ago, Diesel said:

We are quick to forget our GMs continuous words about "Character guys" and a certain 25 game drug suspension. 

Moreover, Edwards is said if he reaches his ceiling will be a HOF player.   Can we say the same about Collins?

Opinions vary.  Edwards is an unknown at this point.  Collins is a 20/10 guy.

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Schlenk had ample opportunities to trade Collins if his 'character issues' were a problem for him -  at the deadline or before the draft for the #1 or #2 pick.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Clearly character means nothing.  See Rondo.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

I'll answer for him and other who hate John.  Getting rid of John Collin!!!!!

It just doesn't add up though. We were going to trade Kevin and #6 to get #2 to draft Edwards at some point this off season. While also "possibly/maybe" trading Collins in a mega deal for a "superstar". JC is more valuable to this team than some posters want to admit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Do you know something we don't, Diesel?

Is there something nefarious about Collins that only a few people know about, but most people don't?

The guy averaged 20 ppg - 10 rebs - shot 58% FG - shot 40% 3FG - and shot 80% FT.   He's literally the ONLY PLAYER in NBA history to put up numbers like that in a season.

From an offensive standpoint, he's literally the prototype big in the modern NBA.  

To me, the negotiation about his extension should be a piece of cake, unless they're trying to cite their future plans for other players to Collins, and why he needs to take a "slight" discount to keep everyone together.

Schlenk has made a conscious decision to use all of that cap space that we have to immediately upgrade the depth of the roster with quality vets. Gallo getting a big contract was a slight overpay to get one of the best frontcourt shooters in the league.   

The huge free agent via cap space isn't coming here.  It's almost better if we have larger tradeable contracts like Gallo, to possibly "kidnap" the player we want.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

It just doesn't add up though. We were going to trade Kevin and #6 to get #2 to draft Edwards at some point this off season. While also "possibly/maybe" trading Collins in a mega deal for a "superstar". JC is more valuable to this team than some posters want to admit.

What don't you get?  The guys don't think John is any good.  They have stated this on many different occasions including tonight.  they would rather pay an over 30 year old never all star 20 mil per year and start him over John.  Its pretty clear to me.

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

@Diesel what is up with you? That's a horrible trade in every aspect. What about this trade makes you say "yes that's good for our franchise"?

Anthony Edwards Ceiling.   He's a SG who can get to the cup at will, can hit an outside shot, his defense can be worked on but his athleticism can't be taught.  He has so much potential he was picked #1 overall in front of Wiseman and Ball who has just as much upside. 

Something about the moves we have made tells me that we're not looking to develop Collins into a franchise Shareef-like PF.   You don't bring in Gallo and pay him like a starter if your plans are to develop Collins.... Where does that make sense??  Make it make sense!  

Nobody here wants to talk depth chart because it reveals the ambiguity of our roster and it starts at the PF spot.  Why pay that much for a BU?  Not to mention we have 2 lottery picks sitting at the 3 right now.  Both guys showed some ability closing out last season.  So again.. make it make sense.   

Now with the Rondo pick up the question is what are we doing with Dunn?  Make it make sense. 

So I believe that our real achilles heal right now is at the SG...  However, if we can bring in a future allstar and groom him to take over that position, why wouldn't we??

But the Homers here act as though Collins don't have flaws in his game.   He has them.  The biggest being defense.  I'm not saying that that's a reason to trade him but if you had the chance to get DeWayne Wade ...as a rookie.. would you do it?  Or would you say... No..I'm holding on to Lamar Odom at all cost!  That's what I hear from the homer crowd. 

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Anthony Edwards Ceiling.   He's a SG who can get to the cup at will, can hit an outside shot, his defense can be worked on but his athleticism can't be taught.  He has so much potential he was picked #1 overall in front of Wiseman and Ball who has just as much upside. 

Something about the moves we have made tells me that we're not looking to develop Collins into a franchise Shareef-like PF.   You don't bring in Gallo and pay him like a starter if your plans are to develop Collins.... Where does that make sense??  Make it make sense!  

Nobody here wants to talk depth chart because it reveals the ambiguity of our roster and it starts at the PF spot.  Why pay that much for a BU?  Not to mention we have 2 lottery picks sitting at the 3 right now.  Both guys showed some ability closing out last season.  So again.. make it make sense.   

Now with the Rondo pick up the question is what are we doing with Dunn?  Make it make sense. 

So I believe that our real achilles heal right now is at the SG...  However, if we can bring in a future allstar and groom him to take over that position, why wouldn't we??

But the Homers here act as though Collins don't have flaws in his game.   He has them.  The biggest being defense.  I'm not saying that that's a reason to trade him but if you had the chance to get DeWayne Wade ...as a rookie.. would you do it?  Or would you say... No..I'm holding on to Lamar Odom at all cost!  That's what I hear from the homer crowd. 

Shareef never had a point guard ever ... Jason Terry was never a pg and Speedy was hurt.

I think SAR would have had a real playoff team if he had the right pieces around him.  Big Dog wasn’t a chemistry guy and Ratliff was only here for a hot minute.

A comparison of JC to SAR would be fine with me.  You put a prime SAR with this team and he would excel even more ... 

thus I think Collins is a real asset and a real important stake to our future success.  

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Shareef never had a point guard ever ... Jason Terry was never a pg and Speedy was hurt.

I think SAR would have had a real playoff team if he had the right pieces around him.  Big Dog wasn’t a chemistry guy and Ratliff was only here for a hot minute.

A comparison of JC to SAR would be fine with me.  You put a prime SAR with this team and he would excel even more ... 

thus I think Collins is a real asset and a real important stake to our future success.  

You get no argument from me about SAR.  But what I say about JC.... how much of JC's success is the pressure that Trae takes off of him.  If Shareef had Trae, the Hawks would have made it to the finals one of those years.   Several times, I watch Shareef turn in 20/10 while carrying 3 guys on his back.   Collins doesn't get his points that way... to me.  His three point shooting just shot up from 34% to 40%... I don't think it was because he was training, saying his prayer, and taking his vitamins... I think having a force like Trae on the floor got him a lot of open looks.   Moreover, most of the time, he played the 5... so  with Capela being here... going to the 4 will be interesting.