• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Collins be traded??

Diesel

I want John here so let's get that out of the way first. He is producing and is an effective player. My question is what are the reasons that exist as to why we wouldn't want to pay him. Is it the fact that he want's a max and he hasn't proven himself long enough to earn it? Could we get the same production for a cheaper price?  What are the legitimate arguments for telling John to hit the road? For the squawkers that have been around we all knew that we didn't want Josh Smith around for obvious reasons--and based on how his career went we were correct. I know that there was that drug suspension so could that be used in negotiations?  He checks all the boxes or most of them but when you are talking about a max contract--I do think that too many are given out to players not worth it. So if you are Travis how do you negotiate knowing that you don't want to give him the max?  

• Premium Member

I want John here too. He's one of the best rollmen and rebounders at his position. He's extremly efficient and has low usage. That's alot to like. There are few replacement level players available that the Hawks can even target. I think he is key to making noise in the playoffs. However, I wouldn't extend him just yet unless its for a slight discount.

I want to see him in a playoff setting and I want to see him improve in other areas. If he can come back as a decent defender, higher volume three point shooter while maintaining his accuracy, and a better ball-handler/playmaker than I would be estatic.

• Like 2

Just a reminder to all of us Hawk fans:

Look at the Atlanta record last season BEFORE the 25 game suspension.

Now, look at that 25 game stretch with no JC.

Proves, to me at least, how much the Hawks need JC on our team.  

😃

• Like 4

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

None!

On this Peo and I agree.  Pay what you need to extend JC when the time is right.  No need to think about it very hard.  Only a question of how and when; not if.

• Like 3