• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kris Dunn signs with the Atlanta Hawks. 2 years/$10 million

ATLHawks3

8 hours ago, Diesel said:

I get the feeling that either Dunn or Rondo will be traded before the end of the season.

They have very tradeable contracts, but if we are doing well I see no reason why Schlenk would break it up so early. It would have to be a part of a major deal, not just to help someone else get better, but to bring us back a big piece.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

They have very tradeable contracts, but if we are doing well I see no reason why Schlenk would break it up so early. It would have to be a part of a major deal, not just to help someone else get better, but to bring us back a big piece.

Schlenk talked about Dunn like he would be in the SF rotation. 

What I believe is that Dunn was picked up because he was cheap.   Rondo's value will increase for other playoff teams near the playoffs. 

Dunn has value but if he doesn't learn to run the offense... then he would be tradable. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Schlenk talked about Dunn like he would be in the SF rotation. 

What I believe is that Dunn was picked up because he was cheap.   Rondo's value will increase for other playoff teams near the playoffs. 

Dunn has value but if he doesn't learn to run the offense... then he would be tradable. 

I took it as him believing Dunn has the ability to guard 1-3 very well and he would be used as such, as a stopper used to slow down the opponents best perimeter scorer regardless of position.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I took it as him believing Dunn has the ability to guard 1-3 very well and he would be used as such, as a stopper used to slow down the opponents best perimeter scorer regardless of position.

Dunn and Capela are going to be such nice additions to our late game defensive lineups. Dunn/Cam could end up being the stingiest duo in the league.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, High5 said:

Dunn and Capela are going to be such nice additions to our late game defensive lineups. Dunn/Cam could end up being the stingiest duo in the league.

This.  You can really tell the people who didn't watch the Hawks last year.  Some say Hunter is a better defender than Reddish and Reddish hasn't bought in on the defensive end (Yes, someone really said that.).  Some say that Reddish was a terrible defender. Like why speak on things you don't know?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, High5 said:

I'd love to see a Rondo/Dunn/Cam/Hunter/Okongwu lineup just put clamps on opposing squads.

• Like 2

Are we selling the offense of Dunn short?  Read somewhere that he was a pretty good offensive player when he came to the NBA but that he had been asked to concentrate on defense.

It's not unheard of for a player to join the Hawks and become a better shooter.  I don't expect him to become the type shooter that Bogey Man is.  But, improved.  Yes, I expect him to be better than advertised!!

:smug:

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

This.  You can really tell the people who didn't watch the Hawks last year.  Some say Hunter is a better defender than Reddish and Reddish hasn't bought in on the defensive end (Yes, someone really said that.).  Some say that Reddish was a terrible defender. Like why speak on things you don't know?

Finding an opposing fan who is knowledgeable about the Hawks is like finding a unicorn. The average fan is already dumb when it comes to popular teams and we've been completely out of the spotlight for a few years.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Are we selling the offense of Dunn short?  Read somewhere that he was a pretty good offensive player when he came to the NBA but that he had been asked to concentrate on defense.

It's not unheard of for a player to join the Hawks and become a better shooter.  I don't expect him to become the type shooter that Bogey Man is.  But, improved.  Yes, I expect him to be better than advertised!!

:smug:

All I know is that Dunn is a light year more competent than Bembry on the offensive end.  A lot less ridiculous turnovers and better defense.

Dunn will not amaze anyone offensively, but if we can carve him a niche as a slasher on that side of the ball, we have the point guards that will reward him for his energy. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So he's a middle class Ricky Rubio?

Naw, I compare him more to the plethora of combos that teams had no defined offensive role for (can’t table set at PG or score enough at SG) but managed to stay in rotations thanks to becoming defensive stoppers and unlock their final forms when they have a hot shooting night from 3. 

• 4 months later...

The low down on Dunn's offense.

He got a bit of a bad rap in Chicago. They wanted him to be their engine and score as well as create. He was too young and the supporting case was not good enough to help.

He is a good floor general. Gets guys into the right sets. He is an average to better than average playmaker but also can make bad decision/telegraph where he is going with the ball. He is lower tier starting point guard offensively and that's mostly due to inconsistent shooting. His mechanics aren't terrible but they are, well...mechanical. (career 72.6% free throw shooter) He is a bit stiff and considering he is more muscular than your average point guard, that makes sense. Flexibility training could do him wonders. Basically, if you've ever played basketball with running back, you know exactly what I'm saying. If you want to point to flaws shooting, its an inconsistent release point (vertical) and rushing his shots / not shooting in rhythm.  But he his good at running the team, protecting the ball on the dribble. He'll play a slower pace than Trae but not as slow as Bogi.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1