Kris Dunn signs with the Atlanta Hawks. 2 years/$10 million

ATLHawks3

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I tried finding a gif response to this but ..... well, NSFW is a little too weak to describe what I found.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47xvz831h7cv83t5eupx

You’re gif game along with lw3’s thread got me dizzy 🥴, I need to lay down. Don’t let these good times end! Love 💗 it!

• Thanks 1

We have waited for so long.  Excitement!  Tune in, hoping to see that new Hawk!  He's been around for so long, yet we've never observed him in a Hawk uniform

Limited minutes, for sure.  But, please.  Let us see him for a few moments tonight.  It will be such a let down if this turns out to be a dud.

:smug:

But, Hawks really need a win tonight.  

GO ATL HAWKS !!

:wub:

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Throughout a lengthy rehab process, he tried to stay positive, but had moments of frustration, as well. Several times, he thanked the Hawks for being patient with him as he took time to battle injuries and fully recover, and the training staff for getting him there.

“I knew I would come back but there were doubts of would I come back to be myself,” Dunn said. “I went through every emotion in the 15 months. It’s impossible not to. If you could stay positive for 15 months, kudos to you. You are definitely someone who’s built different. I went through every emotion. I’m happy that I stuck through it. I have a great support system with my family, the team, my teammates, the organization being patient with me, the coaching staff. Everyone bought in to help me get to this point. I stuck through it.”

Shortly after coming to Atlanta, the Hawks found cartilage disruption in that same right knee. Just as he started to steadily improve, his ankle and lower back started to hurt, an MRI revealing loose cartilage in his right ankle inhibiting his range of motion and creating compensations in his knee and back. He underwent arthroscopic surgery to remove the cartilage in late December.

He was in a walking boot for a while and got a PRP injection in his right knee in February. Although the Hawks anticipated he’d be able to play by the end of March, with Dunn traveling on the team’s West Coast road trip from March 20-April 2, it took about another month for him to be ready.

As soon as he felt his knee getting better, his ankle started acting up. As soon as his ankle started healing, more issues sprang up with his knee. It was like a see-saw, with Dunn unable to achieve balance.

“I just felt like different things just kept happening,” Dunn said. “My initial injury was my knee, I felt like I was on the verge of getting better there, then the ankle situation happened. I felt like I was on the verge of getting better there, then the knee kept (having issues), it was just back and forth trying to get back, the alignment all back right.”.....................

...........................“The training staff, the organization being patient with me, my teammates being there for me, keep pushing me and it was a long journey. It was definitely a long journey. A lot of emotions went through my mind today, as I got back out there on the court, but once I got out there, it felt definitely good to be back.”

• Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Yea, I didnt think he would play at all. So he has exceeded my expectations just by playing.

Allow yourself to believe in the positive outcome, blkit.  This is your latest lesson in becoming a better human.

No need to thank me but ...... you're welcome, anyway.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Allow yourself to believe in the positive outcome, blkit.  This is your latest lesson in becoming a better human.

No need to thank me but ...... you're welcome, anyway.

I will try emulate your egalitarian and humanist outlook on NBA players going forward.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Allow yourself to believe in the positive outcome,

Did you get through that without laughing 😆, you’re a better man than I. Collin Sexton for president amirite? 😃 

Speaking of Sexy sex toy Sexton, I say he, Winston’s rugrat, Omer Asik Ceder Osman and the initial dunk contest winner’s rugrat take Love out back and show him what’s it’s really like! Like when folks get initiated into a gang. 🤛 

Inbound the ball 🏀 off his face a few times like Dr. Evil did #2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

I will try emulate your egalitarian and humanist outlook on NBA players going forward.

That's all we can ask for, sir.

51 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Did you get through that without laughing 😆, you’re a better man than I. Collin Sexton for president amirite? 😃 

Speaking of Sexy sex toy Sexton, I say he, Winston’s rugrat, Omer Asik Ceder Osman and the initial dunk contest winner’s rugrat take Love out back and show him what’s it’s really like! Like when folks get initiated into a gang. 🤛 

Inbound the ball 🏀 off his face a few times like Dr. Evil did #2.

The baby Cavs surely cain't stand ol' man Love.  In the old days, they'd probably have a blanket party.  That's when the guy walks into a room, somebody tosses a blanket over his head, then they all proceed to beat him senseless.  He never knew what hit 'im. 😵

These days they'd probably all make snide comments about him on social media then cut their eyes at him on the team bus.  That's the equivalent of a blanket party in 2021.

• Haha 2