• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What's the Depth Chart Look like?

Diesel

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

How many teams with the fourth best record in the West were tanking last year?  Just curious as one who can’t tell the difference between the best scorer on a playoff roster and a guy filing space on a tanking team.

He was a top 5 UFA this year.  That is about as much impact as you can hope from a FA.

They sold their players early this off season.  Paul and Schröder, the engines behind the train got traded.  It sounds like a tank to me

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Gallo is 32 years old and has never been on an all star team.  Gallo is injury prone.  Gallo is a horrible defensive player.  Gallo is leaving a tanking team.  Gallo got way over paid.  So no, he is not significant and is a backup player at this stage in his career.  You guys have just lowered the bar so much that even if Schlenk has all of the cap space and he spends it on a couple of back up, its a win.  This is the state of the Hawks fan base.  Sad!

This makes no sense...you complained for 2 years about taking bad contracts for picks and bargain bin shopping to fill in the roster thr 2nd week of FAcy.

The Hawks have done the opposite this offseason in the first 2 days of FA, still complaining. The FA class is what it is, those are the players we get to choose from and who choose us.

On another note, Which FAs did you want the Hawks sign and for how much? What would you have done differently?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This makes no sense...you complained for 2 years about taking bad contracts for picks and bargain bin shopping to fill in the roster thr 2nd week of FAcy.

The Hawks have done the opposite this offseason in the first 2 days of FA, still complaining. The FA class is what it is, those are the players we get to choose from and who choose us.

On another note, Which FAs did you want the Hawks sign and for how much? What would you have done differently?

He at least liked the draft picks. Can’t win them all I guess. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What did I complain about???  I said that I had no complains in my original response to AHF.  What's wrong with you people?

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Gallo is 32 years old and has never been on an all star team.  Gallo is injury prone.  Gallo is a horrible defensive player.  Gallo is leaving a tanking team.  Gallo got way over paid.  So no, he is not significant and is a backup player at this stage in his career.  You guys have just lowered the bar so much that even if Schlenk has all of the cap space and he spends it on a couple of back up, its a win.  This is the state of the Hawks fan base.  Sad!

This^^^

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What did I complain about???  I said that I had no complains in my original response to AHF.  What's wrong with you people?

Then I guess I don't know what a complaint sounds like....apologies.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This^^^

Then I guess I don't know what a complaint sounds like....apologies.

I was responding AHF's accusations that all of supes promises of this mega trade deal to get a star was satisfied with the Gallo signing.

• Thanks 1

Trae / Dunn / Rondo / Goodwin
Huerter / Cam / Mays
Hunter / FA / Snell
Collins / Gallinari 
Capela / Okongwu / Bruno

I count 14 if we guarantee Goodwin. Fingers crossed we can get a deal done for Bogdan for that last roster spot.

This definitely SHOULD BE a playoff team. It is on paper at least. 

Edited by ShooterSays

21 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

Minutes (with Bogdon):

PG - Trae 30  Rondo 18
SG - Bogdon 30 Huerter 18
SF - Cam 24 Hunter 24
C  - Capella 30 Collins 6 Gwu 12
PF - Collins 24 Gallo 24

Dunn gets minutes here and there.  Others play only in blowouts and injuries.

I have similar minutes. Apart from Trae, most positions will be a timeshare.

PG - Young 36 Rondo 12

SG - Bogdon 26, Huerter 12, Dunn 10

SF - Reddish 20 Hunter 12 Snell 10 Huerter 6

PF - Gallinari 24 Collins 16 Hunter 8

C - Capela 24  Okongwu 12 Collins 10 Fernando 2

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I was responding AHF's accusations that all of supes promises of this mega trade deal to get a star was satisfied with the Gallo signing.

Nope.  But nice attempt to move the goal posts.  We were discussing whether this was business as usual for the Hawks in striking out this offseason.  That includes all activity.  The mega trade that fell through (as most do).  Gallo, BB signed offer sheet, Dunn, Rondo, and more to come.  This is not business as usual.  This is turning the corner with moves that will significantly enhance this team’s ability to make the playoffs next season.  Tanking has been business as usual.  This offseason (starting with the Capela trade) is the transition to competing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think the split in minutes will be something like this

Trae (32)/Rondo(16)/Goodwin

Reddish(28)/Huerter(15)/Dunn(5)

Bogdan(28)/Hunter(18)/Snell(2)

Collins(16)/Gallo(24)/Hunter(8)/??

Capela(28)/Collins(14)/Okongwu(6)/Bruno

If Bogdan comes Dunn and Snell hardly see minutes, Huerter see his playing time limited and Bruno and Goodwin hardly see the court.

About off-season grade I think people is undervaluing the players we are getting, normally players playing on West teams improve a little their performance at East teams, specially centers, I think Gallo and Bogdan fit well what we do and Capela will be top 5 center on the east. Rondo is a leader, if he is engaged he will be really useful.

I'll take a stab at this. 

Young (30) / Rondo (10) / Dunn (8) / Goodwin (0)

Bogi (25)/ Reddish (12) / Huerter (11)/ Mays (0)

Hunter (17) / Reddish (17) / Huerter (9)/ Gallo (5) / Snell (0)

Collins (22) / Gallo (16) / Hunter (10)

Capela (25) / Gwu (12)/ Collins (8)/ Bruno (3)

There's gonna be minutes for our guys. This was a really hard exercise to do, but also really fun, lol.

Edited by ATLHawks3
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

Nope.  But nice attempt to move the goal posts.  We were discussing whether this was business as usual for the Hawks in striking out this offseason.  That includes all activity.  The mega trade that fell through (as most do).  Gallo, BB signed offer sheet, Dunn, Rondo, and more to come.  This is not business as usual.  This is turning the corner with moves that will significantly enhance this team’s ability to make the playoffs next season.  Tanking has been business as usual.  This offseason (starting with the Capela trade) is the transition to competing.

You took my comment from the discussion regarding the mega deals  But anyway whatever.  I think your freaking goal on this MB is scrutinize my post....Something you don't do to other posters for some reason.  Go Criticize Supes for all of the misinformation passed over this 500 page thread if you want to be the police of the MB. 

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You took my comment from the discussion regarding the mega deals  But anyway whatever.  I think your freaking goal on this MB is scrutinize my post....Something you don't do to other posters for some reason.  Go Criticize Supes for all of the misinformation passed over this 500 page thread if you want to be the police of the MB. 

That's a little unfair to Supes. He doesn't present this information as what will definitely happen, he presents it as ongoing discussions between teams. Deals fall through all the time. Yeah sometimes he gets a little excited and thinks a deal may happen but he'll always come back and say if the talking deals go away. He did with the PG deal, he told us the Hawks had moved on from the Jrue deal, too expensive, moved on from trading #6 for rentals. He told us when the mega deal was off, which he said was always dependent on the 3rd team saying yes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's a little unfair to Supes. He doesn't present this information as what will definitely happen, he presents it as ongoing discussions between teams. Deals fall through all the time. Yeah sometimes he gets a little excited and thinks a deal may happen but he'll always come back and say if the talking deals go away. He did with the PG deal, he told us the Hawks had moved on from the Jrue deal, too expensive, moved on from trading #6 for rentals. He told us when the mega deal was off, which he said was always dependent on the 3rd team saying yes.

Like the John Collins BS?

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

We had this same conversation last year when you bashed TS’s FA efforts before the end of day 1 of free agency.  I said you needed to wait and see what actually happened. This was a repeat.  We disagree about the timing on how to judge GM efforts.  Last season your comments on our big man FA acquisitions turned out to be correct.  This year the “business as usual” turned out to be off base.  We just have different views on this.  To me, whether the Hawks made the mega trade or not it was the opposite of business as usual as we swung for the fences.

As for @NBASupes, I appreciate him sharing what he is hearing from his connection.  I don’t expect that everything the Hawks work on will come to fruition.  When a GM is talking potential trades, they probably work on 20 trades for every one that gets made.  He nailed the Capela trade and hearing about other activity that didn’t come to fruition is still great to read and talk about on the site. 

Thanks @AHF

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Like the John Collins BS?

For the record there was no Collins BS from supes, just free will speculation from many posters including myself about Collins before these good moves were made by Schlenk. 

• Like 1