• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What's the Depth Chart Look like?

Diesel

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

For the record there was no Collins BS from supes, just free will speculation from many posters including myself about Collins before these good moves were made by Schlenk. 

He knows. I don't know how many times I've said Atlanta isn't openly offering core players. That includes JC. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Trae

BB

Cam

Collins

Capella

That's the starting line up. 

Bench is Rondo, Red Velvet, Hunter, Gallo and Big O. We also will see Dunn and Snell in there.

We have the DEEPEST team in the entire NBA. I haven't seen a Hawks bench this deep since the 1985 or so Nique Hawks. Insane. I am loving this!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Trae

BB

Cam

Collins

Capella

That's the starting line up. 

Bench is Rondo, Red Velvet, Hunter, Gallo and Big O. We also will see Dunn and Snell in there.

We have the DEEPEST team in the entire NBA. I haven't seen a Hawks bench this deep since the 1985 or so Nique Hawks. Insane. I am loving this!

The Hawks of the 80s were historically renown for being extremely weak bench wise. I don't know how many old heads were like, we would have had a title if we had a good bench like Philly or Boston. 

• Thanks 1

We need to add a big to provide depth behind Capela. If Capela gets injured which is likely we need a raliable big behind, Okongwu and Bruno are too raw. We also need a big body to defend big centers like Embiid, Jolic, KAT... Capela, Okongwu and Bruno are all 6'10" and migh struggle with size. 

That is why I wanted to keep Dedmon, I wonder if Skal can meet that role, probably too skinny to contain big centers

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, JTB said:

For the record there was no Collins BS from supes, just free will speculation from many posters including myself about Collins before these good moves were made by Schlenk. 

So no Montrezl Harrell is better/I would sign Gordon Heyward to $30 mil over Collin getting $25 mil. I know y'all love and want to protect certain posters but some very goofy stuff is written here and goes unchecked by a certain mod except my post which most of the time what I say turns out to be true.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, AHF said:

To me, whether the Hawks made the mega trade or not it was the opposite of business as usual as we swung for the fences.

This is laughable!  Overpaying a bunch of back up players is swing for the fences.  Y'all have a low bar.  That's all I'm saying

• Sad 1

As for the depth chart, here's how we're going to get around some of these issues.

- Rondo will NOT play every game, as to preserve him for when we really need him, which is playoff time.  He's gotten injured the past 2 seasons, so it would be wise to reduce his load.

- LP ( hopefully ) will adjust his lineups based on the opponent we're playing.  Against the Lakers, you have to match them big for big.  Against the Heat, the shooters may get more PT.

- Trae and Collins will also see more "load management" type games ( if we turn out to be a good team ).

- The young bigs will fight to see who becomes the backup center, with the other guy going back and forth to College Park. This battle is NOT cut and dry, despite draft status.

- If Cam and Kevin struggle even a little bit, this will give Dunn the opportunity to steal minutes from them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gurpilo said:

We need to add a big to provide depth behind Capela. If Capela gets injured which is likely we need a raliable big behind, Okongwu and Bruno are too raw. We also need a big body to defend big centers like Embiid, Jolic, KAT... Capela, Okongwu and Bruno are all 6'10" and migh struggle with size. 

That is why I wanted to keep Dedmon, I wonder if Skal can meet that role, probably too skinny to contain big centers

Name that player. 

Because when we did have that player ( Dwight Howard ), people hated it.

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

So no Montrezl Harrell is better/I would sign Gordon Heyward to $30 mil over Collin getting $25 mil. I know y'all love and want to protect certain posters but some very goofy stuff is written here and goes unchecked by a certain mod except my post which most of the time what I say turns out to be true.

I think this is your problem. In my 5 to 6 years posting here, I have never seen you post you were wrong about anything. When you are proven wrong, you give the "let's move on" line. 

Nbasupes does say when he is wrong about some of his takes. Some unpopular ones he still defends.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 11/23/2020 at 8:57 AM, marco102 said:

I think this is your problem. In my 5 to 6 years posting here, I have never seen you post you were wrong about anything. When you are proven wrong, you give the "let's move on" line. 

Nbasupes does say when he is wrong about some of his takes. Some unpopular ones he still defends.

When has he said that he was wrong about Montrezl?  What about Collins?  I get it...You like him more than you like me because I'm not a rah rah go with the crowd type.  Its all good though

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

When has he aid that he was wrong about Montrezl?  What about Collins?  I get it...You like him more than you like me because I'm not a rah rah go with the crowd type.  Its all good though

Okay, test.  Tell me what have you been wrong about when it comes to current regime of the Hawks and some of your hot takes.

• Like 1

hace 2 horas, TheNorthCydeRises dijo:

Name that player. 

Because when we did have that player ( Dwight Howard ), people hated it.

If Dedmon is cut, there you have one option . The other options were Baynes and Noel, both are signed already but I think there are still some Cs unsigned.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, gurpilo said:

A Capela injury does definitely hurt us but I would guess that they would increase JC's minutes there in the event that Capela missed time and that would probably mean a few more minutes for Hunter at PF, Cam or BB at SF, etc.  Of course, you hope Bruno keeps progressing and that OO shows himself to be a viable backup early in his rookie season.

The other potential option is Skal who isn't the biggest body but who played center his last season in Portland with pretty nice numbers.  His per36 was 12.7 points, 10.7 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 2.0 blocks.

• Like 3

Our primary 8-man rotation probably looks something like this:

PG: Trae, Rondo

Wing: BB, Cam, Dre (Kev if BB falls through)

Bigs: JC, Galli, Clint

Those get the vast majority of the burn, with everyone else filling in situationally, due to rest, injury, foul trouble, and matchups.

Dnp-CD Emergency PG: Goodwin

Defensive 4th wing/actived emergency PG: Dunn

Offensive 4th wing: Kev

Injury/Rest 5th wing: Snell

Backup Center/4th big: O.O

Injury/Rest 5th Big: Bruno

Mays will only be activated if multiple injuries occur.

So yeah, the reserves are going to be chess pieces, but extremely vital pieces. Coaching and gameplanning come in to play big time with them and their minutes.

Edited by RedDawg#8

• Moderators

Hey was away for a bit.  did i miss anything?

our depth chart is going to be crazy and it wouldn't surprise me if the starting lineup changes regularly.

It's a little hard to imagine that there won't be some guys unhappy with their PT this season.   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

A Capela injury does definitely hurt us but I would guess that they would increase JC's minutes there in the event that Capela missed time and that would probably mean a few more minutes for Hunter at PF, Cam or BB at SF, etc.  Of course, you hope Bruno keeps progressing and that OO shows himself to be a viable backup early in his rookie season.

The other potential option is Skal who isn't the biggest body but who played center his last season in Portland with pretty nice numbers.  His per36 was 12.7 points, 10.7 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 2.0 blocks.

We choose Solo Hill over Skal

• Sad 3

36 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

What excites about this year is our offense won't be so Trae-centric. I'd honestly like to see his counting stats come down a little. 

They will naturally for sure.

For one, replicating a near 30 & 10 season will be tough to do. But in general, Trae should only be averaging 24 pts on a winning team, still 8-12 assists though

• Like 2