• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What's the Depth Chart Look like?

Diesel

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Collins will not have to play center.  Hawks have some big old boys now.  Drafted one and added another one that was missed in the draft (He's on a two way contract).  Capela and Bruno makes four, at least.

Collins may play some center, that's true.  But, it won't be a "have to" deal.

Dang, Hawks are deep now.  I still hold out hopes for Skal being on the roster.

:smug:

This ^^^

• Like 2

On 11/23/2020 at 5:36 AM, gurpilo said:

We need to add a big to provide depth behind Capela. If Capela gets injured which is likely we need a raliable big behind, Okongwu and Bruno are too raw. We also need a big body to defend big centers like Embiid, Jolic, KAT... Capela, Okongwu and Bruno are all 6'10" and migh struggle with size. 

That is why I wanted to keep Dedmon, I wonder if Skal can meet that role, probably too skinny to contain big centers

I know Dedmon's profile says he's 7', but there's no way. For reference, Pau is 7'1" and Lamarcus is 6'11". Our boy Dewayne might be 6'10". Every center in the league is going to struggle against Embiid/Jokic/KAT, but I think Capela can do a solid job on the first two. KAT you just need someone who will guard him out to 3, his post game isn't his strength. 

2016-17 San Antonio Spurs Team Photo : News Photo

Someone asked if the Hawks were snitching and about the lineup. 

Kirschner-Chris-Headshot-073018.jpg live@2x.png
Chris Kirschner
2m ago

@Eric H. All I can say about that is they were surprised to learn of that reported agreement.

I think the closing lineup will be Trae, Bogdan, Cam, John and Clint. If they need to go with the all defense lineup, it'll likely be Dunn, Cam, Hunter, John, Clint
Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Someone asked if the Hawks were snitching and about the lineup.

Bucks fans seem to think that Travis complained about the early reported deal with the Bucks.  They are really mad...... but I'm here for it

tenor.gif?itemid=12615952

Seriously though, when I first saw the tweet, my reaction was - how is this out and FAcy hasn't started...then it blew up.  Lots of front offices were apparently pissed at Kings and Bucks.

93f544f2e788cf78c9941c50a00598d9.gif

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bucks fans seem to think that Travis complained about the early reported deal with the Bucks.  They are really mad...... but I'm here for it

tenor.gif?itemid=12615952

Seriously though, when I first saw the tweet, my reaction was - how is this out and FAcy hasn't started...then it blew up.  Lots of front offices were apparently pissed at Kings and Bucks.

93f544f2e788cf78c9941c50a00598d9.gif

Haha, I think  it was multiple front offices.  I'd love for the Hawks to meet the Bucks in  the ECF and sweep them.  Giannis leaves and comes to the Hawks next season!  Bud would be so mad...rofl. 

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I concur and so did Travis.  He said with Capela, Collins time at center will be reduce from this past season nimbers.

To be clear, none if us want Collins to play Center. 
But you want to find a way to get both him and Gallinari 30 mins every night. So whats the lesser of 2 evils, Collins at C or Gallinari at SF?

I think its easier to play him at the 5 in small streches than it is to have Gallinari at the 3 defensively. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

But you want to find a way to get both him and Gallinari 30 mins every night. So whats the lesser of 2 evils, Collins at C or Gallinari at SF?

I think its easier to play him at the 5 in small streches than it is to have Gallinari at the 3 defensively. 

I'm not saying he won't play Center, I'm saying having him play 50% of his time at Center should not happen as long as we have a Capela healthy.  IIRC he played 47% of minutes at Center last year, that number will and should drop.

I disagree that there is some magic formula or specific need to get Gallo to a 30 minute threshold.  I can see him settling it at 26-27 minutes to preserve him for the playoffs.  

There is also nothing wrong with him playing a few SF minutes depending on specific team matchups and against specific players. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm not saying he won't play Center, I'm saying having him play 50% of his time at Center should not happen as long as we have a Capela healthy.  IIRC he played 47% of minutes at Center last year, that number will and should drop.

I disagree that there is some magic formula or specific need to get Gallo to a 30 minute threshold.  I can see him settling it at 26-27 minutes to preserve him for the playoffs.  

There is also nothing wrong with him playing a few SF minutes depending on specific team matchups and against specific players. 

Agreed with all of this.

I just dont want to hear people calling out LP because they see John at Center again next year. It is what it is.

If Galli is cool with the high mid 20's in minutes, and even John for that matter, then its a moot point in the end.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I actually do want Collins to play center in certain matchups. His spacing at the 5 is a powerful weapon and he can hold his own on the defensive end against plenty of centers. People just remember the bad matchups like vs. Embiid. Obviously we shouldn't see that anymore. 

• Like 3

Just a thought.  I know we want the young guys to earn their minutes, but do you think we'll run out a lineup of

Trae, Cam or Huerter, Hunter or Cam/ John, Capella to start the season?  Due to that lineup having the most playing time and familiarity together? 

@JayBirdHawk glad you found that clip because Brad Rowland was on Twitter saying "I got conflicting information on this.  Some say Travis never said that."  Maybe some weren't on the call the entire time.

Edited by marco102

1 hour ago, High5 said:

I actually do want Collins to play center in certain matchups. His spacing at the 5 is a powerful weapon and he can hold his own on the defensive end against plenty of centers. People just remember the bad matchups like vs. Embiid. Obviously we shouldn't see that anymore. 

No doubt. I actually championed our small lineup last year because it was our best lineup. I just know that most people would tear LP a new one if we are playing Collins at Center more than say O.O or Bruno. Both of which is a likelihood right now

• Like 1