• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What's the Depth Chart Look like?

Diesel

hace 3 minutos, marco102 dijo:

Just a twister.  I know we want the young guys to earn their minutes, but do you think we'll run out a lineup of

Trae, Cam or Huerter, Hunter or Cam/ John, Capella to start the season?  Due to that lineup having the most playing time and familiarity together? 

Yeah I can see that, Young, Cam, Hunter, Collins and Capela. However I think Bogi starts instead of Hunter because the 2nd unit look better with Huerter and Hunter and 1st unit need to add some shooting with Bogi. In my opinion the shooters are Kevin and Bogi, the full package wings are Cam and Hunter. Makes sense to mix them.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Just a thought.  I know we want the young guys to earn their minutes, but do you think we'll run out a lineup of

Trae, Cam or Huerter, Hunter or Cam/ John, Capella to start the season?  Due to that lineup having the most playing time and familiarity together? 

@JayBirdHawk glad you found that clip because Brad Rowland was on Twitter saying "I got conflicting information on this.  Some say Travis never said that."  Maybe some weren't on the call the entire time.

Anything is possible.  It feels good having options where the subs can be starters, no matter what.  I think all the minutes Cam and Hunter got last year will be a tremendous help this season.

Brad Rowland is having difficulty reconciling the Hawks have nice things now :laugh1:.

Maybe the Zoom is doctored, lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Yeah I can see that, Young, Cam, Hunter, Collins and Capela. However I think Bogi starts instead of Hunter because the 2nd unit look better with Huerter and Hunter and 1st unit need to add some shooting with Bogi. In my opinion the shooters are Kevin and Bogi, the full package wings are Cam and Hunter. Makes sense to mix them.

I'd say Bogi will begin to start after they all get chemistry together. Your best bet for starting the season fast may be to start and close with tyhe youngters and mix in the new guys.  Then assign their full roles after chemistry develops.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I won't do minute breakdown but this is what I want:

Trae/Rondo

BB/Huerter

Cam/Hunter

Collins/Gallo

Capela/Gwu (is  this what we are going to call him?)

Other guys will get minutes as needed or as circumstances warrant. I always go with a 10 man roster with one primary backup for each position with flexible guys filling in as you need. With COVID and "rest days" we have enough depth to really thrive.

• Like 1

I have to recognize I have never been so excited about a Hawks roster. I really see anything is possible and I am eager to see them play. 

We have infinite options to play games and what scares me a little is the frustration some players can experience due to low playing time.

I think the following players should have his minutes guaranteed above 25.

Young, Cam, Bogi, Hunter, Collins, Gallo and Capela. 7.

A group of 3 would be desirable to be on the 15-20 range, Rondo, Huerterand Okongwu. I don't know if this would be a problem.

Problem is there would not be minutes for Dunn, Snell, Hill, Bruno, Goodwin and that might create frustation, specially o  Dunn and Snell that are reliable rotation players. I still don't understand why we signed Hill, I really thought we had lost Bogi. We need to replace Hill  y a big, Skal or Dedmon because there is a real possibility Gallo or/and Capela gets injured, we are now extremely deep at PG and wing and a little thin at frontcourt

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I have to recognize I have never been so excited about a Hawks roster. I really see anything is possible and I am eager to see them play. 

We have infinite options to play games and what scares me a little is the frustration some players can experience due to low playing time.

I think the following players should have his minutes guaranteed above 25.

Young, Cam, Bogi, Hunter, Collins, Gallo and Capela. 7.

A group of 3 would be desirable to be on the 15-20 range, Rondo, Huerterand Okongwu. I don't know if this would be a problem.

Problem is there would not be minutes for Dunn, Snell, Hill, Bruno, Goodwin and that might create frustation, specially o  Dunn and Snell that are reliable rotation players. I still don't understand why we signed Hill, I really thought we had lost Bogi. We need to replace Hill  y a big, Skal or Dedmon because there is a real possibility Gallo or/and Capela gets injured, we are now extremely deep at PG and wing and a little thin at frontcourt

The season is never linear though, we all want it to be too rigid ehen it comes to minutes. Game to game, quarter by quarter,  minute by minute is all fluid. That's why assigning minutes down to the last second is an exercise in futility.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

hace 4 minutos, JayBirdHawk dijo:

The season is never linear though, we all want it to be too rigid ehen it comes to minutes. Game to game, quarter by quarter,  minute by minute is all fluid. That's why assigning minutes down to the last second is an exercise in futility.

Agree

Couldn’t find out how to post pictures, butchered the post, said F it.

@AHF I saw you posted Miles Bridges’ radial plot some time ago.  I’m addicted to those just wanted to know how you embed them into the post.  Long story short Dunn is a near perfect compliment to Trae for skill mix with no toe-stepping.  I’d round out my favorite lineup with Cam (two way ceiling potential, hope he carves out 30 minutes amidst all the logjams), John (elite scoring efficiency), and Clint (lob threat, high-awareness anchor). 

Rondo/ Bogi/ Dre/ Gallo/ Gwu with the reinforcements.  I’m thinking that’s some great length too?

Roll the ball out and see what shake.  C’mon Dec 22.

Edited by benhillboy

22 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Couldn’t find out how to post pictures, butchered the post, said F it.

@AHF I saw you posted Miles Bridges’ radial plot some time ago.  I’m addicted to those just wanted to know how you embed them into the post.  Long story short Dunn is a near perfect compliment to Trae for skill mix with no toe-stepping.  I’d round out my favorite lineup with Cam (two way ceiling potential, hope he carves out 30 minutes amidst all the logjams), John (elite scoring efficiency), and Clint (lob threat, high-awareness anchor). 

Rondo/ Bogi/ Dre/ Gallo/ Gwu with the reinforcements.  I’m thinking that’s some great length too?

Roll the ball out and see what shake.  C’mon Dec 22.

It's unique the options LP has. 

We know this will not happen, but it could this season.  It would have been impossible last season.

Game one, back to back, Atlanta's starting five.  - - Game two, five different starters than game one.

Hah!  Try to game plan when the Hawks have this option.  

Splitting up the time for all players will be game time decision including opponent, health and who has the hot hand, game to game.  Nothing should be set in stone with this team.

GO ATL HAWKS!  Team practice right away with pre season games to follow soon !!

😃

3 hours ago, benhillboy said:

It is I’m just apprehensive about how he will deploy them.  He’s still a very young coach who masqueraded as a “defensive guy” with consecutive 27th ranked defensive ratings.  Cam’s rapid development (I hope) should make his lineup choices much easier.  I want him to morph into Jimmy Butler with length and a three so f&@kin bad. Or a much more likable, mentally stable Paul George.

I've often thought that in a few years, Cam/Hunter could be the new PG/Kawhi wing/forward two-way tandem.  It's a bit of a rosy projection in terms of pinning them to their ceilings, but I think they have potential to work better together by growing together here, compared to what we've seen out of PG/Kawhi so far.

• Like 3

I've always thought LP's calling card was player development. He seemed way more enthused about installing his fast pace offense than he ever has about defensive schemes.

We shall see. The one time he put any effort in to defensive game planning, we looked like a different team on the court.

49 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I've always thought LP's calling card was player development. He seemed way more enthused about installing his fast pace offense than he ever has about defensive schemes.

We shall see. The one time he put any effort in to defensive game planning, we looked like a different team on the court.

His calling card is player development and defense. Although his biggest contributions has been offensive schemes and player development.