• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rajon Rondo signs with the Atlanta Hawks. 2 years/$15 million

ATLHawks3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

A snippet from the Athletic (obviously not the whole article): 

Playoff Rondo was legitimately good and a totally different player than the one we saw during the regular season. He was heavily engaged defensively, made clutch shots and was one of the key reasons why the Lakers ended up winning a championship. Anthony Davis explained Rondo’s importance to the Lakers back in September.

“His intensity picks up (in the postseason). He wants to guard the best perimeter guy,” Davis said. “We see he guards James (Harden) and (Russell Westbrook) sometimes. … He’s shooting the ball very well, making the right passes, so his IQ is on another level.

“We’ve got the two best IQ guys in the game, him and LeBron, on the floor at the same time, which is tough for defenses, and he’s making the right plays.”

What more do you guys need to hear or are your minds so made up that it doesn't matter what others say about him?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The Vince Carter list was ON point also. 

For those of you who are familiar with the Vince Carter list, was Vince talking about 2 guys that the Hawks believe would sign with us or was he talking about 2 guys from the list that we could afford?

21 hours ago, Diesel said:

The Vince Carter list was ON point also. 

For those of you who are familiar with the Vince Carter list, was Vince talking about 2 guys that the Hawks believe would sign with us or was he talking about 2 guys from the list that we could afford?

It was 2 out of the 4 we believed we would sign.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:
  • Signed PG Rajon Rondo for 2 years, $15 million, plus $1.5 million in incentives

Anyone know what the incentives are in Rondo's contract?

Let’s hope it is something about making the playoffs so we can get playoff Rondo from the get go. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:
  • Signed PG Rajon Rondo for 2 years, $15 million, plus $1.5 million in incentives

Anyone know what the incentives are in Rondo's contract?

Just now, cam1218 said:

Let’s hope it is something about making the playoffs so we can get playoff Rondo from the get go. 

found it: $750K for playoff appearances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member

Rondo says that he is more than happy to point the way, even as he quipped that he is slowly coming to grips with the fact that for the first time in his career, he's not only a leader, but also the oldest player on the roster. 

"I've had so many great veterans in my career that have helped me become the player that I am today," Rondo said of players like Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, LeBron and Dirk Nowitzki. "It's only right for me to give it back full circle."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, High5 said:

Not gonna lie, it’s disappointing to be excited about Rondo’s veteran leadership and then he immediately gets into trouble. It’s such an Atlanta thing to happen. Even if it turns out to be a nonstory it’s still a distraction.

What did i miss?  he got in trouble?

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

What did i miss?  he got in trouble?

see about 6-7 posts above - being sued. 

But I'm more asking if he's going to be ready for G1 since he went to a family funeral on Saturday.  Does he need to quarantine before rejoining the team?

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

see about 6-7 posts above - being sued. 

But I'm more asking if he's going to be ready for G1 since he went to a family funeral on Saturday.  Does he need to quarantine before rejoining the team?

oh thanks.  i totally missed that story but hopefully it's not anything.

I'm guessing if he tests negative they will let him play since the players aren't quarantined anyway.