• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks DID SIGN BB (Bogdan Bogdanović) 4 years $72 million. (UPDATE)

marco102

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

It's definitely not a sub-market no-brainer positive value contract.  The trade kicker makes it very difficult for them to sort out.  And they will essentially be keeping a 10th seed team for luxury tax money (next year) if they can't figure something out.  That will keep them from getting the draft pick they need to really improve and keep them from developing Haliburton.  It isn't all suns and rainbows for them if they match.  Could end up blowing up in their face.

The alternative is fairly bitter as well letting him walk but I feel like they were already done with him when they drafted Haliburton.  They just expected to get some asset(s) for him in a SnT then they got greedy.

Isnt 48 hours enough????

1 minute ago, bird_dirt said:

How likely would it be the Queens match, then trade BB to the Bucks? That seems like a more likely scenario than scrambling to find a decent trade for Hield in 48 hours time.

Can't happen I think based on language in the offer sheet, perhaps I'm wrong though.  I'm sure they are desperately trying to get a good offer for Hield so they can match Bogi.

But I would add that it seems far more likely that they would match than not.  They can resolve their cap and positional issues later, but you never want to lose a valuable asset for nothing.  I'm certainly expecting SAC to match, and not going to be bothered by it honestly.  I'd like Bogi for the PR win and the good qualities he has, but it's not a perfect fit or anything.  I would rather have a defensive player in the backcourt if he is going to pair with Trae for big minutes.  Either way I'm good.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, txsting said:

But I would add that it seems far more likely that they would match than not.  They can resolve their cap and positional issues later, but you never want to lose a valuable asset for nothing.  I'm certainly expecting SAC to match, and not going to be bothered by it honestly.  I'd like Bogi for the PR win and the good qualities he has, but it's not a perfect fit or anything.  I would rather have a defensive player in the backcourt if he is going to pair with Trae for big minutes.  Either way I'm good.

I've been browsing various Sacramento fan sites.  The general feeling around the club (at least from the fans perspective) is that they want to reboot/rebuild with younger (under 24) players around Fox.  The problem they're facing with Bogi is that there is a glut of money, playing time, and drama jammed up at the 2. 

Their biggest issue isn't so much losing Bogi.  It's losing him for nothing.  Ideally, they'd probably like to keep both, but deal them to get something back.  The real problem is dealing Buddy.  He's been a headache on and off the court for them.  He's got drama with the coach, and he's streaky and stunk it up as of late, and has pushed back against accepting any kind of reduced role.  Matching Bogi, who at 28 is honestly outside of a reboot/rebuild timeline, further complicates the already messy issues with Buddy.

There's a lot of sentiment among the fans that it sucks losing Bogi for nothing, but Divac has made too much of a mess to clean up.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

...and I forgot to add that adding Haliburton to the mix only adds more drama.  They were thrilled that he dropped that far and he's obviously the future, or at least will get considerable playing time in the rebuild.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Also, forgive my ignorance if you guys have gone over my "insight" already. LOL I've skipped about 70 pages of Bogi discussion between this and the other threads.  I just see that people are worried about the Kings matching...when all indications are that all parties (fans, management, Bogi) appear to want to move on.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, txsting said:

Can't happen I think based on language in the offer sheet, perhaps I'm wrong though.  I'm sure they are desperately trying to get a good offer for Hield so they can match Bogi.

Yeah, I know not right away. I'm just thinking if they could have a gentleman's agreement to do the trade in six months, assuming BB would approve the move, and the Bucks were ok with the higher salary. That would probably be an easier sell than trying to get anything of value for Hield at the last minute (when other teams know you're desperate).

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Jody23 said:

It would be interesting to know if Atlanta actually engaged Sacramento in sign and trade talks before the offer sheet was submitted.  We may assume Atlanta did, but who knows...they may not have.

Sounds as if they did, hence the Indy SnT rumors as well.

55 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

How likely would it be the Queens match, then trade BB to the Bucks? That seems like a more likely scenario than scrambling to find a decent trade for Hield in 48 hours time.

Players that sign new contracts aren't eligible to be traded for 6 months, due to COVID, that might be reduced though.

Buck will need to send out $20 million plus in salary in a trade, who are they gonna cobble together to send out? The initial trade was Illyasova, Wilson and DDV, that's $13 million, the Bucks since released Illyasova. I don't see them as a viable trade partner any longer - and I think it also hard caps them

• Like 1

3 hours ago, marco102 said:

Lmao, that'll be so fitting. 

See what the Kings Fans are saying about BB and the offer sheet. 

https://community.kingsfans.com/threads/poll-should-the-kings-match-the-offer-for-bogi.75611/ 

Oooooooooooooohhhhhh they are sooooooooo salty LOL.  It's not our fault their GM got greedy. I'm sure they don't want 300 mill locked into 3 guards that didn't move the needle for them. Schlenk is playing chess while they are playing checkers.