• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks DID SIGN BB (Bogdan Bogdanović) 4 years $72 million. (UPDATE)

marco102

• Premium Member

I don't see a situation where the Kings don't match.  Even if the org made a very conscious decision in the past 48 hours to start tanking, there's no reason not to match.  You can run shitty lineups and lose games while giving Buddy/BB lots of minutes to rack up stats and "value".  Hield's contract gets much easier to trade next year and they could ship BB next year as well and get assets for a rebuild in return.  Letting him go sign with the Hawks really doesn't help them no matter what their trajectory is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I don't see a situation where the Kings don't match.  Even if the org made a very conscious decision in the past 48 hours to start tanking, there's no reason not to match.  You can run shitty lineups and lose games while giving Buddy/BB lots of minutes to rack up stats and "value".  Hield's contract gets much easier to trade next year and they could ship BB next year as well and get assets for a rebuild in return.  Letting him go sign with the Hawks really doesn't help them no matter what their trajectory is.

There is no such thing has concrete anymore....

Im a falcon fan

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Even if the org made a very conscious decision in the past 48 hours to start tanking, there's no reason not to match. 

I agree that it's likely they match, but I don't agree with you here. If you look at the Kings salary obligations moving forward, they already have several contracts that need to be moved if they decide to go the way of a rebuild. Adding a disinterested Bodgan to that list only makes it more difficult to get that "flexibility" their GM has been talking about wanting.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I don't disagree. I've read they're trying to get something done with Buddy and that might ease the decision to match Bogi. Though, why wait to match if the full intent wasn't to keep their asset.

The other issue is that they see his ceiling is a 3rd option.  Is this contact and hassle worth it for a soon to be tanking team.  God forbid he doesn't maintain his value...now you've got a logjam and a bunch of money tied up in useless contracts.

I can see it both ways, but I don't believe they are going to match. I figure they would have done it already.

1 hour ago, Wretch said:

I've been browsing various Sacramento fan sites.  The general feeling around the club (at least from the fans perspective) is that they want to reboot/rebuild with younger (under 24) players around Fox.  The problem they're facing with Bogi is that there is a glut of money, playing time, and drama jammed up at the 2. 

Their biggest issue isn't so much losing Bogi.  It's losing him for nothing.  Ideally, they'd probably like to keep both, but deal them to get something back.  The real problem is dealing Buddy.  He's been a headache on and off the court for them.  He's got drama with the coach, and he's streaky and stunk it up as of late, and has pushed back against accepting any kind of reduced role.  Matching Bogi, who at 28 is honestly outside of a reboot/rebuild timeline, further complicates the already messy issues with Buddy.

There's a lot of sentiment among the fans that it sucks losing Bogi for nothing, but Divac has made too much of a mess to clean up.

Looks like Dumars is equally inept.

• Like 1

• lethalweapon3 changed the title to Hawks make offer sheet to BB (Bogdan Bogdanović) 4 years $72 million.
34 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I don't see a situation where the Kings don't match.  Even if the org made a very conscious decision in the past 48 hours to start tanking, there's no reason not to match.  You can run ***** lineups and lose games while giving Buddy/BB lots of minutes to rack up stats and "value".  Hield's contract gets much easier to trade next year and they could ship BB next year as well and get assets for a rebuild in return.  Letting him go sign with the Hawks really doesn't help them no matter what their trajectory is.

If this was Divac you would be 100% right. This new GM seems to have started his campaign in Sacramento about preserving salary cap and building around Fox. I think we have a chance here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Next season, if they fill out there roster and add a high lottery pick, they will be pretty close to the tax. Unless they use minimums to fill out their roster.

Not quite. They'll be capped out, but not in danger of the tax necessarily. People are getting confused by Joseph's salary, which is only 2.4M guaranteed next year.

28.1 (Fox)

22.5 (Hield)

20.3 (Barnes)

18.0 (BB)

11.3 (Bagley)

4.0 (Hali)

2.4 (Joseph, waived)

• Like 1