• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks DID SIGN BB (Bogdan Bogdanović) 4 years $72 million. (UPDATE)

marco102

3 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Zero chance. He's too emotionally involved - which is fine if he wouldn't meddle in the FO decisions.  But since he does, there's no chance the Falcons will ever win at the highest level again, imo.  

Couldn't the same be said for Tony Ressler?

I think they are two pretty similar owners:

emotionally, and financially, invested, and trying to find the right balance between involvement and meddling.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Zero chance. He's too emotionally involved - which is fine if he wouldn't meddle in the FO decisions.  But since he does, there's no chance the Falcons will ever win at the highest level again, imo.  

Too emotionally involved in that he let Quinn and Dimitroff linger too long. 

But he is capable of hands off ownership. He did that with United, and they were able to bring Atlanta it's first championship since 95.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, NBASupes said:

As someone who watched a lot of SAC because I have LP and watch a lot of everyone. Expecting Klay from Bogi is like expecting Reggie from Hield. Bogi is more like a rich man's Bazemore without the defensive talent. Both are streaky, inconsistent, and don't always make the best decisions but Bogi is a lot more of a PDS guy compared to Baze. He loves getting screens and playing the PnR. He's an excellent fit for what we do. I do feel we overpaid for him but you almost have to and he's going to a great fit so I am happy. 

Let's not compare him to a big wing like Hayward. Those are just so hard to find on the market. That's why Cleveland and Chicago reached for them in the draft because finding them is so difficult. 

Keep hearing that Bogi is selfish?  Do we have a blackhole at the 2?

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Keep hearing that Bogi is selfish?  Do we have a blackhole at the 2?

He's not selfish from what I've watched, he has that Tim Hardaway Jr in him where he misses the extra pass and takes the shot instead. Troublingly for a team like Sacramento with limited rebounding but for us who have some of the best rebounders in the NBA per position, we can be special. 

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Falcons problem is #2. He's Joe Johnson. If he was like Trae Young aka Mahomes, he would have rings

He's certainly part of the problem. He's good and will have a HOF career by the time he's done, but he's missing something that the upper echelon quarterbacks have. I also think Julio isn't reaching his full potential with Ryan. He outruns  Ryan's arm and always has to "come back" to catch the ball when he already had his man beat. But Ryan's shortcomings aren't the reason he doesn't have a Super Bowl ring. I still blame Shanahan and his willing accomplice Quinn for that. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Does this mean that Giannis would be willing to give up the supermax and Join us next year?

Trae, Bogi, and Giannis!!!

What would it take to make that happen?

Another reason to give Collins a max deal. We can trade him for Giannis if Giannis wants to come here. Collins would easily be the best player the Bucks could hope to get back on a deal for him.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

So the other 18 games that he coached that get them to the Super Bowl dont count for anything?

When you up by30... that's not the time to air the ball out.  It may just have been we were too talented to lose in those 18.  But my favorite football franchise is a laughingstock because we Blew the Biggest SB lead in History.   That's coaching. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, parfait said:

Couldn't the same be said for Tony Ressler?

I think they are two pretty similar owners:

emotionally, and financially, invested, and trying to find the right balance between involvement and meddling.

Not at all imo. Ressler is emotionally involved sure but I don't perceive him to be meddling in the front office decision making. He seems to have hired Travis and is letting him do his thing.