• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks DID SIGN BB (Bogdan Bogdanović) 4 years $72 million. (UPDATE)

marco102

50 minutes ago, AHF said:

To no one in particular...

If a hypothetical person were to propose that it was about the number of games in the month then I would think that person was way, way off base and probably hadn't actually looked at the numbers.

Bogi - 15 games, 66 3pters made.  Average:  4.4 per game

Korver - 16 games, 55 3pters made.  Average:  3.4 per game

Korver couldn't get off his shot unless he was open or coming off screens.

Bogi does that well too, but he can create his own shot off the bounce unlike Korver. And to top it off, Bogi will notoriously bust a three right in a defenders grill with no hesitation. 

These factors contribute to his higher volume of 3's. Korver may still have the edge in percentage tho simply due to shooting a better quality of shot (uncontested) than Bogi.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Korver couldn't get off his shot unless he was open or coming off screens.

Bogi does that well too, but he can create his own shot off the bounce unlike Korver. And to top it off, Bogi will notoriously bust a three right in a defenders grill with no hesitation. 

These factors contribute to his higher volume of 3's. Korver may still have the edge in percentage tho simply due to shooting a better quality of shot (uncontested) than Bogi.

That is all fair.  Bogi has a much higher degree of difficulty on his 3's and still shot ~49% so not too shabby even if it wasn't >50% like Korver's prior record month was.

• Like 2

Just reminds me of on of the first interviews Bogd had on NBARadio after a couple weeks with the Hawks.  They asked him if he and Trae had any shooting competitions and, if so, who won.  You could hear him smirk and say STTE, "You gotta ask Trae 'bout that."

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So they're all giving Bogd "his flowers"?  Is that how the kids say it now?

I swear that's the most annoying trend.  Give so-and-so "his flowers" instead of props, I guess?

People are stupid.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I swear that's the most annoying trend.  Give so-and-so "his flowers" instead of props, I guess?

People are stupid.

I didn't know that's a thing, lol

• Thanks 1

Up here in the mountains, we often hear it said:  "Give me my flowers while I'm living.  Don't wait until I'm dead, then send flowers."

"Say it with flowers!"  Guess that's what they are meaning.  Any way, that works for me.

:smug:

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Cwell said:

That saying comes from the notion that people don’t publicly show love to people until they’re dead and gone. So give them their flowers while they’re still here instead of waiting until they’re gone to lay them on their grave sight.

There are people walking around thinking nobody cares about them, but as soon as they’re gone everyone suddenly has all these amazing stories to tell about how great of a person they were etc. Show that love while they’re present and can still receive it. Just because you don’t understand, doesn’t make it stupid. Being the grumpy old man is never a good look

Thanks for explaining.  Concept is great, phrase sounds stupid to me.

• Like 2

On 5/4/2021 at 2:04 PM, kg01 said:

People are stupid.

Well got damnit what DO you like ? 😂

5 hours ago, Final_quest said:

A few posters missing from the board lately.  Weird coincidence.  

It's not weird.  Or a coincidence.

6 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Well got damnit what DO you like ? 😂

🤔 .... I like you.  😉

Cmon, wink back.  Don't make it weird.

• Haha 3

4 years - $72 Million.  Reasonable pay by today's market standard.  Seems that Atlanta got a good deal with this signing.  We have several players coming up for new contracts.  Players, their agents and the Hawks people should think along these figures.  We have some other players who should qualify for this type of payday.  Don't put all your eggs in one basket.  Don't put all your payroll on one player.

In football, Atlanta now faces this problem.  The Falcons will figure something out.  I just don't want to see the Atlanta Hawks coming face to face with the same type problem. 

:smug: 

• Like 4