• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks DID SIGN BB (Bogdan Bogdanović) 4 years $72 million. (UPDATE)

marco102

Bogi has been exactly what we needed next to Trae and definitely when we needed it because this is our first big run to the playoffs with Trae. Thought the money was ghastly when we signed him but I was way wrong. Just a great job by TS. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, AHF said:

Some uneaten crow on Bogi still.  Kind of shocked that everyone hasn't eaten their prior criticisms of the signing by now.  Good on those who have.

You should send a list out so we know who we are lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
On 3/24/2021 at 2:06 PM, macdaddy said:

we're just barely into his contract.  Things can change a lot as we move forward. 

I was looking to see what crow, if any, i have to eat and became overly proud of this comment in response to the idea that BB needed trading.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I was looking to see what crow, if any, i have to eat and became overly proud of this comment in response to the idea that BB needed trading.  

:approved:

Some people feel comfortable to judge with very little data.  I don't think that makes any sense and wasn't going to evaluate whether he was a good signing until we had a meaningful sample size.  

On 3/14/2021 at 2:29 PM, AHF said:

For me, I’m looking for more of a sample size to judge him as a Hawk.  

Low and behold, with a larger sample size the picture looked very different than using just the few games were he was hurt to try to reach a final decision on whether it was a good signing or not.

If people feel free to issue their evaluations on a free agent signing, draft pick, coach, free agency, etc. right at the beginning of the contract or period, etc. then you should come back to own up when you are wrong if you plan to trumpet it when you are right.  I don't mind somebody not taking their lumps it if they just admit they are guessing up front because guessing doesn't carry the same significance (not particularly praise worthy if right or condemnable if wrong).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Some uneaten crow on Bogi still.  Kind of shocked that everyone hasn't eaten their prior criticisms of the signing by now.  Good on those who have.

I buffe’d it a month ago when Bogi turned into a cyborg.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

The ones who puff their chest out the biggest and remind everyone every chance they get about how right they were about a thing they said are the first to disappear when they are proven very wrong about something else. Funny how that works. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I buffe’d it a month ago when Bogi turned into a cyborg.

You and several others who called him a mistake, etc. all raised their hands and joyfully ate that crow.  I've done it.  I didn't want Trae and was thrilled to eat crow on him.  I was very afraid of the downside with him but even when he was shooting like garbage to start his rookie season I was able to get on board because of his obvious skills as a playmaker.  

That is the best situation where the guy you dumped on becomes a key player for the team and you can love the success he brings to the squad.  I'll eat that kind of crow every day of the week and love it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

You and several others who called him a mistake, etc. all raised their hands and joyfully ate that crow.  I've done it.  I didn't want Trae and was thrilled to eat crow on him.  I was very afraid of the downside with him but even when he was shooting like garbage to start his rookie season I was able to get on board because of his obvious skills as a playmaker.  

That is the best situation where the guy you dumped on becomes a key player for the team and you can love the success he brings to the squad.  I'll eat that kind of crow every day of the week and love it.

Agreed. I’ve never, ever had a player I’ve eatin crow about like Bogi to turn around and be a top one of two fav player of mine THAT very season if ever. 

Ya, even with the misses I was thinking the guy has a good stroke why does everything miss as much as it does for him. Shoot wise same thing with Gallo. They both shot a TON though and brought our %’s down as a team I’m sure but also we’re able to use those misses to laser focus at times. Bogi is brilliant.  

THERE'S A LITTLE GOOD IN THE WORST OF US AND

THERE IS A LITTLE BAD IN THE BEST OF US

THEREFORE, IT'S NOT VERY GOOD FOR ANY OF US

TO TALK BAD ABOUT THE REST OF US.

😃

• Like 2

On 11/24/2020 at 10:54 PM, gHost83 said:

So what does it take to be worth 18 a year? 17 points and 5 assists? Because that's Haywards statline and he's getting 30 per. Bogi will average 17 here easily with the spacing and court vision that Trae provides.

6'11" wingspan will be put to use on guards not small forwards like in Sacramento. He will NOT be like Huerter on D. 

It's about the fit man. He truly gives us a Klay like presence on this team. Of course he's not the shooter that the future Hall of Famer (I can't stress this enough, Klay is on his own planet here) is but will be able to emulate the effect on defenses that he does to a degree. You can't peel off Bogi to trap Trae, and he averaged 30 and 9 plus assists despite constant traps. Also is a plus defender like Klay. 

Floor opens up for slashers. We now have bigs that can get a freaking rebound after a nice defensive stand. Get hands in the passing lanes with Dunn, Big O, Capela and Cam. It's all coming together and I love it...

Nailed it!

On 11/24/2020 at 11:09 PM, NBASupes said:

As someone who watched a lot of SAC because I have LP and watch a lot of everyone. Expecting Klay from Bogi is like expecting Reggie from Hield. Bogi is more like a rich man's Bazemore without the defensive talent. Both are streaky, inconsistent, and don't always make the best decisions but Bogi is a lot more of a PDS guy compared to Baze. He loves getting screens and playing the PnR. He's an excellent fit for what we do. I do feel we overpaid for him but you almost have to and he's going to a great fit so I am happy. 

Let's not compare him to a big wing like Hayward. Those are just so hard to find on the market. That's why Cleveland and Chicago reached for them in the draft because finding them is so difficult. 

On 11/24/2020 at 11:12 PM, marco102 said:

I say he's much better for what we do.  I don't know what the hell Luke Walton was running, but he's going to improve on offense here.  I won't compare Bogi to Bazemore. You must of forget him running around and losing the ball like a chicken with it's head cut off. Bogi's a legit starter at the 2 or 3 in the league.  

On 11/24/2020 at 11:17 PM, NBASupes said:

He was running a ball movement system but it wasn't playing to the strengths of Fox. They need to go back to the uptempo system with elements of ball movement. Luke keeps trying to play Golden State's system without their personnel. It's extremely difficult to do. Hield fit but his defense with Fox was horrible. Bogi just wasn't a great system fit but he still produced as he's a good player who has some impact. 

Bazemore is better than you guys give him credit for and I hate him as a player. He does things that have impact but since Bud left, he hasn't found a system that fit till he ended up in SAC and they lack the personnel but he's in Golden State now. Bazemore should show very well now. 

I think both are legit starters if used correctly. Bogi has a lot more offensive flexibility to me but I don't see either as a starter lock everywhere but they should be starters on average. 

@NBASupes, he's def no Bazemore!!! None of us expected him to be this good though..lol

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

On 3/12/2021 at 1:31 PM, Peoriabird said:

Bogi looks worse than Reddish.  Reddish just does dumb things but bogi looks like he is limited Physically.

lol

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Lol, I'm still eating crow on Trae. Every time I go to get a haircut at the barbershop, someone is always in there to say 'remember Trae Young? You said that you didn't like him...'. I've eaten crow fried, barbequed, blackened, baked, and put in an air fryer or Nu-wave oven...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2