• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks DID SIGN BB (Bogdan Bogdanović) 4 years $72 million. (UPDATE)

marco102

7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If they match, that will be a big swing and a miss for us. If Hawks thought that was a likely outcome a sign and trade should have been worked out. 

Actually it is not a swing and miss for us, we will still have money to use if need but Sacto will be up the creek because they will not have any other money to get better, cant trade him without his consent and have 15% kicker on top of that.  Plus that offer sheet hurts them the most because of Fox new Max contract, it is going to be impossible for them be flexible.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

The reason to match is they can trade him a year from now instead him going to us for nothing.

I get the impression trading him in a year may not be as easy as it sounds. It would be costly to do and they'd be at the mercy of the league to provide suitable compensation. Sometimes it's just better to cut your losses. 

To me, you only match if you decide you are ok with BB being part of the longterm plan. In that case, the better play would be match and trade Hield. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We have the main course, Bogi is dessert - you can have it or not.

Unpopular opinion alert: Yeah, not getting Bogdan doesn't make this offseason a failure. The team is good to go as is. I'm not sweating it too much. I'm expecting improvement from Cam, Hunter, and Huerter at the wings. I especially have my eye on Cam who will probably be hard to keep on the bench this season even if we add Bogdan. Don't get me wrong, having Bogdan would be nice, but he's not the type of player we'll be pining over during the regular season if we don't get him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Unpopular opinion alert: Yeah, not getting Bogdan doesn't make this offseason a failure. The team is good to go as is. I'm not sweating it too much. I'm expecting improvement from Cam, Hunter, and Huerter at the wings. I especially have my eye on Cam who will probably be hard to keep on the bench this season even if we add Bogdan. Don't get me wrong, having Bogdan would be nice, but he's not the type of player we'll be pining over during the regular season if we don't get him. 

Exactly, just a luxury to have. People are talking like Bogdan would be the starting 2 guard when he hasn’t even been a starter for the Kings. It costs to have decent depth. I don’t think we’ll just out the gate shake up our starting lineup like that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1