• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks DID SIGN BB (Bogdan Bogdanović) 4 years $72 million. (UPDATE)

marco102

16 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

So what does it take to be worth 18 a year? 17 points and 5 assists? Because that's Haywards statline and he's getting 30 per. Bogi will average 17 here easily with the spacing and court vision that Trae provides.

6'11" wingspan will be put to use on guards not small forwards like in Sacramento. He will NOT be like Huerter on D. 

It's about the fit man. He truly gives us a Klay like presence on this team. Of course he's not the shooter that the future Hall of Famer (I can't stress this enough, Klay is on his own planet here) is but will be able to emulate the effect on defenses that he does to a degree. You can't peel off Bogi to trap Trae, and he averaged 30 and 9 plus assists despite constant traps. Also is a plus defender like Klay. 

Floor opens up for slashers. We now have bigs that can get a freaking rebound after a nice defensive stand. Get hands in the passing lanes with Dunn, Big O, Capela and Cam. It's all coming together and I love it...

As someone who watched a lot of SAC because I have LP and watch a lot of everyone. Expecting Klay from Bogi is like expecting Reggie from Hield. Bogi is more like a rich man's Bazemore without the defensive talent. Both are streaky, inconsistent, and don't always make the best decisions but Bogi is a lot more of a PDS guy compared to Baze. He loves getting screens and playing the PnR. He's an excellent fit for what we do. I do feel we overpaid for him but you almost have to and he's going to a great fit so I am happy. 

Let's not compare him to a big wing like Hayward. Those are just so hard to find on the market. That's why Cleveland and Chicago reached for them in the draft because finding them is so difficult. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, AHF said:

I thought you were supposed to be silent while your family lobbed insults at the former fan base.  Isn't that the classy way to exit?  This is an interesting new approach.  

I'm fresh out of Tito's for this post, but some Rumple :rumple: will have to do!

~lw3

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

As someone who watched a lot of SAC because I have LP and watch a lot of everyone. Expecting Klay from Bogi is like expecting Reggie from Hield. Bogi is more like a rich man's Bazemore without the defensive talent. Both are streaky, inconsistent, and don't always make the best decisions but Bogi is a lot more of a PDS guy compared to Baze. He loves getting screens and playing the PnR. He's an excellent fit for what we do. I do feel we overpaid for him but you almost have to and he's going to a great fit so I am happy. 

I say he's much better for what we do.  I don't know what the hell Luke Walton was running, but he's going to improve on offense here.  I won't compare Bogi to Bazemore. You must of forget him running around and losing the ball like a chicken with it's head cut off. Bogi's a legit starter at the 2 or 3 in the league.  

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I say he's much better for what we do.  I don't know what the hell Luke Walton was running, but he's going to improve on offense here.  I won't compare Bogi to Bazemore. You must of forget him running around and losing the ball like a chicken with it's head cut off. Bogi's a legit starter at the 2 or 3 in the league.  

He was running a ball movement system but it wasn't playing to the strengths of Fox. They need to go back to the uptempo system with elements of ball movement. Luke keeps trying to play Golden State's system without their personnel. It's extremely difficult to do. Hield fit but his defense with Fox was horrible. Bogi just wasn't a great system fit but he still produced as he's a good player who has some impact. 

Bazemore is better than you guys give him credit for and I hate him as a player. He does things that have impact but since Bud left, he hasn't found a system that fit till he ended up in SAC and they lack the personnel but he's in Golden State now. Bazemore should show very well now. 

I think both are legit starters if used correctly. Bogi has a lot more offensive flexibility to me but I don't see either as a starter lock everywhere but they should be starters on average. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

What?

If he's averaging 12 assists, that means people are knocking down shots all over the place.

Offense should run through Trae, dude is a drop 30 on you any night type of scorer. Nothing wrong with that. Nobody we picked up or have on the team is anywhere near the scoring threat he is. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Offense should run through Trae, dude is a drop 30 on you any night type of scorer. Nothing wrong with that. Nobody we picked up or have on the team is anywhere near the scoring threat he is. 

I would like to see more ball movement this year but yes, Trae should kill it this year. I'll dare you to double team him with Cam, Bogi, Capela, JC, Kev, Hunter, OO, and Gallo on the court. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I dont think NBA is going to have as many outbreaks as the NFL. Football is hard because there are so many people. 

I'll give the NBA the benefit of the doubt due to their success of being able to complete the bubble, but I'm curious to see how they can integrate those protocols into a non-bubble environment.

Edited by ATLHawks3
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, terrell said:

Funny how Toronto had crazy depth and nobody question them... we get depth and now it’s "they got too many players"...smh

Even worse, saying we should tank in this terrible lottery system for the chance to potentially add another star. Our young guys will make up for any lost RS minutes in the playoffs. Do you see Cuban and Carlise trying to accumulate more talent "organically". That's how you build a malcontent. This is where Schlenk's genius comes in. Unlike other Atlanta organizations who shall not be named... ahem "Falcon Filter" where a premium is placed on high character guys, team captains, honor roll, etc. Schlenk has brought in high character, unselfish players with booming talent.

Building a winning culture is just as if not more important to development than minutes. Can't have our young guys, especially Trae going into year 3, become complacent with mediocrity. Another pro is we can evaluate guys like Collins and Huerter further when facing stiffer competition in the playoffs. So the Kangz can enjoy their top 5 pick all they want while their watching us from their couch next year.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

You can bet there's a few Squawkers that wisely logged off early today and refused to peek at the outcome until about 15 minutes from now. For those folks... welcome back!

~lw3

We aren't disciplined enough for that. Checking for updates every 5 minutes is more like it.

• Haha 3