• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks DID SIGN BB (Bogdan Bogdanović) 4 years $72 million. (UPDATE)

marco102

• Moderators

Can we please knock off the Falcons talk here and start a new thread if people want to continue on the Falcons board?  I don't want to have to cut all the disparate posts this has spawned out into a new thread so please pick it up there and keep this focused on BB/Hawks.

• Thanks 4

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Cwell said:

I really dont get the obsession with Giannis the regular season warrior. with his limited game that gets exposed every year when it matters

Everybody but the champs are exposed every year.  Kawhi was exposed this year... but he's still a champion.  Lebron has been exposed numerous times.   The thing is that great players still have to be in the right situation to win it all. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Cwell said:

I really dont get the obsession with Giannis the regular season warrior. with his limited game that gets exposed every year when it matters

Put him on a team with Trae Young, it's entirely different.  You can't build a three person wall with Trae on the floor to stop him. Because Trae will drop 50.  The defense Giannis would bring would more than make up for what Trae lacks.  It's a perfect pairing..lol Also, add Bogdon too.  Just to stay on topic. 

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Everybody but the champs are exposed every year.  Kawhi was exposed this year... but he's still a champion.  Lebron has been exposed numerous times.   The thing is that great players still have to be in the right situation to win it all. 

Michael Jordan was a stay hungry guy who got exposed every playoffs as noY enough.  His individual stats just didn’t lead to greatness.  Until they did.  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

Michael Jordan was a stay hungry guy who got exposed every playoffs as noY enough.  His individual stats just didn’t lead to greatness.  Until they did.  

LeBron was once called the "king with no rings". Basketball is actually a team sport, though it's not marketed as such 

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

LeBron was once called the "king with no rings". Basketball is actually a team sport, though it's not marketed as such 

It is a curious mix where individual stars make more impact than in any other sport.  Yet it remains a team game where even the greatest can’t do it all on their own.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, marco102 said:

When LeBron was 25 you really could leave him open like that.  He wasn't a good shooter.

But he wasnt a bad shooter either. 
Lebron at 25 was shooting .333 on 5 threes a game.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01.htm

He was a streaky shooter who could run off threes one moment, but then go ice cold another. He was at least a threat. I get what you are saying but its not the same.

Giannis shoots a much worse percentage on much less volume. He is a bad 3pt shooter. 

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/antetgi01.html

He is NOT a threat and you happily dare him to take that shot. 

Teams did not dare Lebron to shoot like they do Giannis. They werent playing up tight on him out there, but they definitely werent backing up in to the paint either. 

Edited by RedDawg#8

4 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

But he wasnt a bad shooter either. 
Lebron at 25 was shooting .333 on 5 threes a game.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01.htm

He was a streaky shooter who could run off threes one moment, but then go ice cold another. He was at least a threat. I get what you are saying but its not the same.

Giannis shoots a much worse percentage on much less volume. He is a bad 3pt shooter. 

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/antetgi01.html

He is NOT a threat and you happily dare him to take that shot. 

Teams did not dare Lebron to shoot like they do Giannis. They werent playing up tight on him out there, but they definitely werent backing up in to the paint either. 

33% isn't good.  He was slightly better than Giannis. I just remember San Antonio leaving him open and him bricking in the playoffs.

22 minutes ago, marco102 said:

33% isn't good.  He was slightly better than Giannis. I just remember San Antonio leaving him open and him bricking in the playoffs.

They might be not that far apart numbers wise. But with LeBron it always felt like he could be at least a decent shooter, but I just dont see it with Giannis. 

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

They might be not that far apart numbers wise. But with LeBron it always felt like he could be at least a decent shooter, but I just dont see it with Giannis. 

Looking good and bricking. Is still bricking. We are having revisonist history. Lebron was not a great shooter from three his first few seasons in the nba.  He just improved in the last 5 or so years.  

Not saying Giannis is great or anything, but they both weren't good shooters from three at 25.

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Looking good and bricking. Is still bricking. We are having revisonist history. Lebron was not a great shooter from three his first few seasons in the nba.  He just improved in the last 5 or so years.  

Not saying Giannis is great or anything, but they both weren't good shooters from three at 25.

Yea but there is actually a big difference between shooting like .333 and shooting .300. Giannis's career .284 from three is really bad.

7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Yea but there is actually a big difference between shooting like .333 and shooting .300. Giannis's career .284 from three is really bad.

True, but the point was you could leave them both open,  which teams did in the playoffs, and they'd brick.  The point was also, that no one wants Giannis on their team because he can't shoot a three.  So you agree with that? 

Everyone here will do back flips if Giannis joined up with Trae.

Also, when is shooting 33% on threes on about 4 attempts good?

My entire point was LBJ wasn't a good shooter.  Giannis is worst, but LBJ was bad too.  Never said Giannis was better.

Edited by marco102

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

True, but the point was you could leave them both open,  which teams did in the playoffs, and they'd brick.  The point was also, that no one wants Giannis on their team because he can't shoot a three.  So you agree with that? 

Everyone here will do back flips if Giannis joined up with Trae.

You can take Giannis any day. The only thing he cant do is shoot, he's really good at everything else. But I do admit he might be harder to incorporate in a new team because of his shooting than say a Kevin Durant, who fit with the Warriors like a glove.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

You can take Giannis any day. The only thing he cant do is shoot, he's really good at everything else. But I do admit he might be harder to incorporate in a new team because of his shooting than say a Kevin Durant, who fit with the Warriors like a glove.

His and Trae's strengths and weaknesses compliment each other.  Giannis isn't a great shooter, yet you have Trae's gravity opening up the floor.  Trae isn't a great defender and you have Giannis' all defensive defense.  They really would be great together.  You'd need a stretch center or PF to play with Giannis though.

I personally think Giannis is a bit overrated. And there is a big difference between him and Lebron. 

You play off of Lebron and he can still kill you in a multitude of ways because of his ability to create.

You play off of Giannis and all of a sudden he is neutralized and literally just a cold body taking up space on the court.

The one thing I will say is that as talented as Lebron is, he only ever achieved about as much as Giannis has in his career so far before teaming up to make super teams. We dont know how much more lethal Giannis could become if he ever gets to play alongside another Superstar or 2. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I personally think Giannis is a bit overrated. And there is a big difference between him and Lebron. 

You play off of Lebron and he can still kill you in a multitude of ways because of his ability to create.

You play off of Giannis and all of a sudden he is neutralized and literally just a cold body taking up space on the court.

The one thing I will say is that as talented as Lebron is, he only ever achieved about as much as Giannis has in his career so far before teaming up to make super teams. We dont know how much more lethal Giannis could become if he ever gets to play alongside another Superstar or 2. 

That's why he needs to team up with Ice Trae in the ATL...lol