• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks DID SIGN BB (Bogdan Bogdanović) 4 years $72 million. (UPDATE)

marco102

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I don't think I'd seen that definitively.  So basically they had the OKC 1st / two 2nds and a massive TPE and chose nothing instead.  Greedy.

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Now this:

image.png

You know they tried this after we signed him to an offer sheet.  Guess they are hoping for better deals now since they undoubtedly would have matched if they could have found a taker for Hield.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't think I'd seen that definitively.  So basically they had the OKC 1st / two 2nds and a massive TPE and chose nothing instead.  Greedy.

This very well could of been offered during the Bucks/Kings Bogie debacle. We don't know.

• Premium Member

This is what Amick wrote:

One final note on this front: During those two days where the Kings pondered the decision of whether to match Bogdanovic’s deal, the Hawks were concerned they might not land him, in large part, because of what had taken place before the offer sheet had been signed. Sources say Atlanta offered Sacramento its 2022 first-round pick (via Oklahoma City) in a previous sign-and-trade scenario and was rebuffed. And while that pick wasn’t an asset to write home about — it’s protected top 14 in 2022 and becomes two second-rounders (2024 and 2025) if it’s not conveyed — it was better than nothing.

There’s no clarity on why Sacramento would hold onto him at one point only to let him go at the later juncture. But the Hawks — who had a tremendous offseason by adding Danilo Gallinari, Rajon Rondo, Kris Dunn and Bogdanovic, among others — were more than happy to benefit from the change of heart.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Updated from Amick:

(UPDATE: In fairness to the Kings and first-year general manager Monte McNair, there’s more context here that I’ve gleaned since the publication of this piece this morning. Sources say the Hawks’ offer of the 2022 first rounder also included the Kings taking on Tony Snell and his expiring deal worth $12.1 million. What’s more, sources say there was no clarity given (or asked for) regarding the exact size of the Bogdanovic deal and, thus, made it tougher for the Kings to determine whether they’d want to match if — as would happen — he ultimately signed an offer sheet with the Hawks. There was a time element attached to the offer, too, with the Hawks asking for an answer within an hour and the Kings, who had asked for some of Atlanta’s younger players to no avail, ultimately declining. There’s strong reason to believe the Hawks would have done the deal without Snell and just for the 2022 first-rounder — which, again, will very likely turn into two seconds — but sources say that scenario was not discussed.)

Some...not one??? but Some.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Updated from Amick:

In fairness, that could be consistent with them asking to take any of four different young players like "we'd be happy to take any one of Bruno, Cam, Hunter, Huerter, we'd even be happy with Skyler Mays....jeez how many of these guys do you have?"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mrhonline said:

Sounds like Snell + OKC 1st was the "test the waters offer" but they were prepared for the Kings to say, "no Snell."

Kings should've done that.

I’m still confused on why they didn’t 

Schlenk is a cold MFer.

He basically was going to flip Dedmon for Bogi.

Dedmon netted us Snell and Thomas. Cut Thomas, offered up Snell to land Bogi knowing they wouldnt take back Dedmon in a trade.

Schlenk is playing chess making moves.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Sounds like Snell isn't in the team's plans very much. We've already heard elsewhere he is currently on the trade block to any team looking to get out of the luxury tax. Guess we wont see much of him unless it's injury or Covid related. 

Still Makes me wonder why we didn't just keep Dedmon? Especially with Capela's injury history and the injury with Okungwu.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Still Makes me wonder why we didn't just keep Dedmon? Especially with Capela's injury history and the injury with Okungwu.

The Snell trade happened before FAcy started, before we got Gallo and Bogi - there was no guarantee we get them, especially Bogi - the Bucks trade falling thru opened up that possibility.

6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Updated from Amick:

Monte McNair looks over at Ranadive (who's breathing down his neck).

*wink* *wink*

MM - "Watch the master in action, boss.  Sure, you can have Bogilivich, just send us Reddish 'n Heurter an a 1st,Traaav."

(sits back, puts his feet up)

*click*

Mm - "Hello, Travis?  Uh, Mr. Schlenk?"

Vivek- "...... Stauskas?"

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 1