• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks DID SIGN BB (Bogdan Bogdanović) 4 years $72 million. (UPDATE)

marco102

Was interviewed on NBARadio today.  Nothing earth-shattering, pretty standard stuff.

Said he brings a player that's good at everything.  "Kinda good at defense".

Was unsure if he'd play in Olympics once they restart.

Said he's happy to play with Trae.  He's the type of player that makes the game easier for you.  Was surprised by how competitive he is.

Was asked who'd win between him and Trae in a shooting competition ...

"Heh (long pause) you might wanna ask Trae."

mic drop, end of interview.

😲

The hosts surmised that was how you'd answer if you'd smoked the other guy. 😄

And, before anybody goes there, it was all in fun nothing malicious.

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

If the shooting competition was last night I could have beat both of them. 

Brad Beal and The mighty Luka shot a combined 1-11 from 3 last night and devin vasell looks like a star. I hope people can take these stats with a shaker of salt  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Luka is not a good shooter.

He’s averaging around 7 3pa per game this preseason and shot pretty well in the first 2 games. Not the most efficient shooter but He uses the shot to make himself more dangerous offensively overall. The dude is good.  Still wouldn’t trade Trae and Cam for him. 

Edited by Dakin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Dakin said:

He’s averaging around 7 3pa per game this preseason and shot pretty well in the first 2 games. Not the most efficient shooter but He uses the shot to make himself more dangerous offensively overall. The dude is good.  Still wouldn’t trade Trae and Cam for him. 

He is a great player but he is not a good shooter. Wasn't in Euro league and people thought it would change in the NBA. Shot 32% from 3 his rookie year and 31% last year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GameTime said:

He is a great player but he is not a good shooter. Wasn't in Euro league and people thought it would change in the NBA. Shot 32% from 3 his rookie year and 31% last year.

Shhhhhhhh, don't let the facts get in the way of the narrative(s).

(Disclaimer: This jab was not aimed at you, @Dakin, it was aimed at the NBA fan-verse in general.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Shhhhhhhh, don't let the facts get in the way of the narrative(s).

(Disclaimer: This jab was not aimed at you, @Dakin, it was aimed at the NBA fan-verse in general.)

I hear you but when you use shooting % as the be all end all of a players’ ability I think you miss out on a real evaluation. I think Trae is a better more dangerous shooter than peak Korver but he’ll probably never shoot 40%. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

The Trade that wasn't!

Bogdan Bogdanovic explained his side of his controversial restricted free agency in an interview with Sam Amick of The Athletic.

Reports surfaced before the start of free agency that the Milwaukee Bucks and Sacramento Kings had a sign-and-trade deal in place involving Bogdanovic. 

The confusion over how that happened remains to this day for Bogdanovic. 

The sign-and-trade was reported while Bogdanovic was asleep in Serbia.

"Everyone was congratulating me like it was done, and I didn’t know what was going on, really," said Bogdanovic. "And then, the NBA investigation — again, I’m reading it off the Twitter again, what was going on. My agent was obviously telling me, but what was unprofessional out of everything was not letting the player know, not letting him know what was going on. It was 1 a.m., 2 a.m. in (Belgrade) and I was sleeping. And I was sleeping the whole night. I wake up in the morning, I’m getting ready for my workout, and I see that on the Twitter. That was my experience of my free agency. After that, I was scared."

The sign-and-trade couldn't actually be agreed upon without the approval of Bogdanovic. 

"Yeah, but they couldn’t do that before free agency starts, so the next day the NBA investigation got in. My agent called me, and he told me, ‘This cannot be done. They screwed up. They cannot trade a restricted free agent before free agency starts.’ I really don’t know. I really don’t know what happened. But that was, at the end, what I heard from my agent. The NBA investigation is on this deal, so even if we agree, they can say this doesn’t count, that this is tampering."

https://theathletic.com/2302892/2021/01/05/bogdan-bogdanovic-bucks-hawks-kings-trade-details/

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, gurpilo said:

What does that mean in terms of lead time? Is he out for the season?

Eric Bledsoe missed 2 weeks with an avulsion fracture in fibula.

Gordon Hayward also had an avulsion fracture in tight pinky, he was day to day.

An avulsion fracture in particular is a rather miserable injury to suffer: In an avulsion fracture, a ligament or tendon and the piece of bone it attaches to pull away from the main bone. It's a tough pill to swallow for Hayward, who has already suffered far too many injuries in his NBA career.