• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks DID SIGN BB (Bogdan Bogdanović) 4 years $72 million. (UPDATE)

marco102

• Premium Member

What does this mean for Bogdanovic?

Chris Kirschner, Hawks beat writer: This is a significant blow for both Bogdanovic and the Hawks. Bogdanovic was primarily used coming off the bench until being inserted into the starting lineup on Saturday night. The loss of Bogdanovic for extended time means the Hawks will have one fewer playmaker and shooter in the rotation. Bogdanovic is one of the better players in the league, and there's no doubt the Hawks are a worse team without his availability.

How do the Hawks replace him in his absence?

Kirschner: The Hawks likely will go back to having Cam Reddish as the starting shooting guard, which he was prior to Saturday's game. Reddish has struggled offensively thus far, but his defense next to Trae Young in the backcourt is where he's most valuable. Kevin Huerter, who has played well through nine games, will likely see his minutes increase, too. Huerter has similar qualities to Bogdanovic — good shooter, good playmaker — so the hope is he can continue playing as well as he has so far.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don’t know about that one. Roberson reportedly had the avulsion fracture in Nov 2018 (while still recovering from an injury in Jan) and he didn’t play again until Aug 2020. Obviously he had other issues, but he definitely wasn’t good to go in 6 weeks. I really hope Bogi has nothing in common with Roberson.

1 hour ago, hylndr11 said:

8 weeks is the avg with non pro athlete care

Snell time.......Snell can shoot it and defend..Might help us as much as Bogi was..Hopefully Bogi comes back better than ever..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, High5 said:

I don’t know about that one. Roberson reportedly had the avulsion fracture in Nov 2018 (while still recovering from an injury in Jan) and he didn’t play again until Aug 2020. Obviously he had other issues, but he definitely wasn’t good to go in 6 weeks. I really hope Bogi has nothing in common with Roberson.

His avulsion fracture occurred while he was recovering from a major injury, so his was a bit more complicated. 

8 weeks in standard recovery means 16 weeks in Hawks time.

They will bring him along as slow as humanly possible. After the standard 8 weeks of treatment and healing, it will be 4 weeks of just rehab. Another 4 weeks of basketball related activities and conditioning.

With our medical staff, never go by the standard numbers, always multiply by 2 AT LEAST.

• Haha 3

Get well Bogi. I hate to say it but I think this will guarantee a losing record. LP cannot coach a team that cannot hit threes. Post play is like the 4th or 5th option in his offensive scheme.

Translation, the Hawks will still jack threes at a top ten rate even though they cannot make them.

54 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Get well Bogi. I hate to say it but I think this will guarantee a losing record. LP cannot coach a team that cannot hit threes. Post play is like the 4th or 5th option in his offensive scheme.

Translation, the Hawks will still jack threes at a top ten rate even though they cannot make them.

A losing record in the mean time for sure. I have a hard time believing this team WHEN HEALTHY cant just accidentally win games. Rondo, Dunn, Gallinari, Bogi, Snell, Okungwu?

Thats a good lineup for any team and that would just be our main bench.

We are running out the 2019 Hawks roster at the moment, with only Dre looking like he got better. Cam, JC, Kev, and Capela each looking about the same or as expected. And Trae, our best player, looking much worse.

We are in trouble if we cant get some depth back.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Sad, but true!

Solomon Hill joked on Sunday that he was the last man standing of the additions for the Hawks this past offseason, either through the draft, free agency or trades. Hill, who is on a non-guaranteed contract, was the one player who was seen as the least likely to play heavy minutes prior to the season, but he has been thrust into the rotation. The Hawks suddenly look similar to the 20-47 version of this team from last season.

The loss of Bogdanovic puts more spotlight on Reddish and Huerter to raise their games in his absence and also on De’Andre Hunter, who will continue having a big role on both ends of the floor, as he undoubtedly has been one of the team’s three best players so far this season

An avulsion fracture, which is what the Hawks medical staff diagnosed the injury as, means a ligament in his right knee was stretched and instead of tearing, which is seen in a torn ACL and other similar significant ligament injuries, the ligament pulls a tiny piece of the bone off. An avulsion fracture with bone bruising, in Chona’s opinion, means Bogdanovic sustained a bad ligament sprain instead of a tear, which Chona said is the best-case scenario with this injury because it’s normally treated with a non-operative procedure. If surgery is not needed, which isn’t clear yet, Chona estimates Bogdanovic should miss around four to six weeks and will return at full strength.

Chona says most avulsion fractures do not require surgery, but the most severe in this category happen when the bone has completely ripped off and ligament reconstruction surgery would be needed. If Bogdanovic requires surgery, Chona said he would be out for a minimum of six months, which would mean he would be out for the season. After viewing the video, Chona believes Bogdanovic was lucky that it doesn’t look as severe as it looked to an untrained

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

A losing record in the mean time for sure. I have a hard time believing this team WHEN HEALTHY cant just accidentally win games. Rondo, Dunn, Gallinari, Bogi, Snell, Okungwu?

Thats a good lineup for any team and that would just be our main bench.

We are running out the 2019 Hawks roster at the moment, with only Dre looking like he got better. Cam, JC, Kev, and Capela each looking about the same or as expected. And Trae, our best player, looking much worse.

We are in trouble if we cant get some depth back.

Just for the sake of accuracy Capela never played in 2019. So it's the 2019 + Capela, but your point still is valid. We will suck. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Just for the sake of accuracy Capela never played in 2019. So it's the 2019 + Capela, but your point still is valid. We will suck. 

We won a meaningful (if not great) % of our games without Capela so I'd like to see us competitive with him in the near term.  Say winning 2 out of 5 games or something.

• Like 2