• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks DID SIGN BB (Bogdan Bogdanović) 4 years $72 million. (UPDATE)

marco102

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

What mighta been. (And as I say that, to be clear, I know the interest was one sided.)

I mean, I'd rather have Bogan all things being equal.

But it goes w/o saying, they aren't equal. One has been on the court, the other hasn't.

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He wasn't coming here.

And if he did. he would have been unavailable for at least 3 full weeks due to wrist bruising, or a sore knee.

That, or he would have shot a career low 3 point percentage here due to the  "Hawks cant have anything nice" syndrome

• Haha 3

I am not worried about Bogi. I am worried about Reddish and Goodwin. Mays is looking more like a point guard and shooter while Goodwin is looking like a g league player. I don't even know how to describe Reddish other than to say he is starting to look more and more like a Thybulle type role player. But even Thybulle is more efficient than him.

We need Bogi back and we need Cam coming off the bench like Thybulle. That will be a great start to the 2nd half in my opinion.

• Like 1

An old poem that describes Reddish:

There was a little girl

Who had a little curl

right in the middle of

her forehead.

When she was good

she was very, very  good

and when she was bad

she was horrid...

When Reddish is hot, great is he,

and when he's cold, he's freezing cold....

:hi:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

In a word or two or three: INCONSISTENT  as Hell!

I get Supes love for that WAR stat but one I am also fond of is RPM. At ESPN Cam is 111 out of 115 players who qualify as shooting guards. Huerter is  66th. Our new player Bogdan is 7th. If we think of our best and future starting lineup as: Trae, Bogi, Hunter, Collins, and Capela. We lost two top 10 players at their position in RPM when we lost Bogi 7th and Hunter 4th.

There is no stat that is the end all be all. But I am pretty convinced we need Bogi back; and Reddish needs to be coming off the bench as soon as possible.

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/position/5

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

This guy is worse than even I thought he would be. Moves like an old man on the court and can't shoot. At this point we would be lucky to get a late 2nd round pick for him but more than likely we would have give up assets to give rid of this terrible signing.

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This guy is worse that even I thought he would be. Moves like an old man on the court and can't shoot. At this point we would be lucky to get a late 2nd round pick for him but more than likely we would have give up assets to give rid of this terrible signing.

He plays so uptight. The dude just needs to relax out there. He can do everything except for shooting threes and driving to the basket. Lol. He needs to get it together. 

40 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

When BB starts hitting shots we'll be cooking with grease.

One reason we signed Bogi was because of his career 3PT%. Its .371 and he had a high his rookie season of .392. I have no doubt he will finish the season around his career average. But the other reasons are not so obvious unless you read up on him.

His list of accolades and awards in European play is unreal. Bogi has been balling on a high level with grown men since he was 18/19 years old ( 2011 ). He is the type of proven player and vet the Hawks need.

EuroLeague 2010–20 All-Decade Team (2020)
    EuroLeague champion (2017)
    EuroLeague Finals Top Scorer (2017)
    All-EuroLeague First Team (2017)
    2× EuroLeague Rising Star (2014, 2015)
    2× Turkish League champion (2016, 2017)
    Turkish Cup winner (2016)
    Turkish President's Cup winner (2016)
    Turkish League Finals MVP (2017)
    Turkish Cup Final MVP (2016)
    2× Turkish League All-Star (2016, 2017)
    2× Adriatic League champion (2011, 2013)
    All-Adriatic League Team (2014)
    2× Serbian Player of the Year (2017, 2019)
    4× Serbian League champion (2011–2014)
    2× Serbian Cup winner (2011, 2012)
    Serbian League Playoffs MVP (2014)
    Serbian League Guard of the Year (2014)
    Serbian League Domestic Player of the Year (2014)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogdan_Bogdanović_(basketball)

Edited by Buzzard

Besides Hunter returning obviously, Bogi is the one guy that if he ever gets it going can really take our team to the another level. He would provide a much needed dynamic as far as a ball handling big guard that can get his own shot and make plays for others. 

Side note, is it me or does he only look to be 6-4 or 6-5? Definitely doesnt seem 6-6.

• Like 1