• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Reggie Miller

Diesel

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

And this proves what? Bleacherreport can write whatever hack pieces it wants Reggie is still in the Hall of Fame. What any of this has to do with the topic of whether Hield is better than Reggie is also a mystery. Hield will never, ever, even get remotely close to sniffing the Hall of Fame. He has a much better chance of not starting another game in his career than he does ever making the Hall. Bleacherreport or any other second or first rate outlet will never write a piece about the top twelve reasons Hield does not deserve to be in the Hall, so I guess if that's your barometer then checkmate. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

And this proves what? Bleacherreport can write whatever hack pieces it wants Reggie is still in the Hall of Fame. What any of this has to do with the topic of whether Hield is better than Reggie is also a mystery. Hield will never, ever, even get remotely close to sniffing the Hall of Fame. He has a much better chance of not starting another game in his career than he does ever making the Hall. Bleacherreport or any other second or first rate outlet will never write a piece about the top twelve reasons Hield does not deserve to be in the Hall, so I guess if that's your barometer then checkmate. 

It speaks to facts... Same facts that I have been sharing with you thorughout "this thread".  Your response is that of a homer.    I didn't say that Hield was better than Miller... if you're going to build an offensive system that works for Miller, Miller will be great.   What I said was that in terms of 3 pt shooting, Hield is better by the numbers than Reggie. 

As far as Hield never ever remotely getting close to sniffing the HOF... Reggie shouldn't be there either.  In fact, Reggie may open the door for Hield and a few other guys to get in.  

Hell, right now, I'm looking for a reason why Korver and Glenn Rice aren't in the Hall?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Reggie had elite BBIQ, Hield has low BBIQ. There is a massive difference between the two in terms of impact plus defense. 

No doubt.  I mean anybody who played 18 years in the league and was known to be a bad defensive player and one dimensional on offense had to do something right. 

• Premium Member

Are we arguing about Reggie as a player? Cuz I have to agree with Diesel on this one. Reggie was frankly overrated. I am old enough to have seen his entire career play out. I've never seen a team literally dedicate their entire offense around setting screens to get one guy a shot. And to be fair to Reggie he's one of the best I've ever seen do that.

But that's basically all he did. He wasn't a playmaker. He wasn't a shot creator. He didn't really rebound. He played good defense back when you could clutch and hold on to people. 

Honestly every time I think about much better players not in the Hall and I look at Reggie...all I see is someone lost in 90's playoff nostalgia in the East. Mark Price and Tim Hardaway were far better players than Reggie Miller and both are still waiting to be put in.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Are we arguing about Reggie as a player? Cuz I have to agree with Diesel on this one. Reggie was frankly overrated. I am old enough to have seen his entire career play out. I've never seen a team literally dedicate their entire offense around setting screens to get one guy a shot. And to be fair to Reggie he's one of the best I've ever seen do that.

But that's basically all he did. He wasn't a playmaker. He wasn't a shot creator. He didn't really rebound. He played good defense back when you could clutch and hold on to people. 

Honestly every time I think about much better players not in the Hall and I look at Reggie...all I see is someone lost in 90's playoff nostalgia in the East. Mark Price and Tim Hardaway were far better players than Reggie Miller and both are still waiting to be put in.

Yeah.  Mark Price and Hardaway were better.   The fact that Reggie is in and Chris Webber is not is criminal. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 11/24/2020 at 10:39 PM, AHF said:

Webber should be in there.  No excuse for that.

Miller's name should not be spoken in the same sentence as Hield's.  He is dramatically better.

These two things are not inconsistent.

Miller... one dimensional player whoose team philosophy was ... Get him open for a shot. 

Hield... one of the best three point shooters in the history of basketball over his first 4 years... His team did nothing to supplement his offense.

If the Kings would have put half the effort of exploiting Hield's strengths as the Pacers did for Reggie... Hield would probably be In Steph's lane.  

• Moderators
On 11/26/2020 at 4:00 AM, Diesel said:

Miller... one dimensional player whoose team philosophy was ... Get him open for a shot. 

Hield... one of the best three point shooters in the history of basketball over his first 4 years... His team did nothing to supplement his offense.

If the Kings would have put half the effort of exploiting Hield's strengths as the Pacers did for Reggie... Hield would probably be In Steph's lane.  

I know you don't believe this.  Reggie worked his **** off during an era where it was legal to grab him and throw an extra elbow as he rounded those screens and still managed to put up an amazing .614% TS% for his career.  That is a fine number for a power forward.  That is amazing for a shooting guard.  Kobe's career TS% was a .550% by way of reference.

Reggie was a good and crafty defender and someone who absolutely bought into a team concept.  He played both ends of the floor and didn't hog the ball or take shots away from his teammates but played his role to a T.  He was the engine behind all those Pacers playoff teams.  

The Atlanta Hawks have made the EC finals once.  Reggie's Pacers made them 5 times and made the NBA finals to boot.  They wouldn't have done any of those without him and his ultra-clutch play.  This doesn't make him an MVP or anything but the HOF entry (given the standards for that group) is very well earned.

• Premium Member
On 11/30/2020 at 10:56 AM, AHF said:

I know you don't believe this.  Reggie worked his **** off during an era where it was legal to grab him and throw an extra elbow as he rounded those screens and still managed to put up an amazing .614% TS% for his career.  That is a fine number for a power forward.  That is amazing for a shooting guard.  Kobe's career TS% was a .550% by way of reference.

Reggie was a good and crafty defender and someone who absolutely bought into a team concept.  He played both ends of the floor and didn't hog the ball or take shots away from his teammates but played his role to a T.  He was the engine behind all those Pacers playoff teams.  

The Atlanta Hawks have made the EC finals once.  Reggie's Pacers made them 5 times and made the NBA finals to boot.  They wouldn't have done any of those without him and his ultra-clutch play.  This doesn't make him an MVP or anything but the HOF entry (given the standards for that group) is very well earned.

Reggie's TS% is so high because he was a great FT shooter.   Moreover, Reggie perfected the flop and the leg out to get to the foul line. 

Here's what you do AHF..

Get a player. 

Have him focus on FTs and shooting 3s off the screen. 

Tell him to forget about passing to others. 

Tell him to forget about rebounding. 

Tell him to forget about playing man on man defense.

Tell him to learn to trash talk.

Tell him to learn to grab and hold while the refs aren't watching. 

And then find a team that will forgo any team concept and base their whole offense around getting your man open by running him through a series of screens.... 

And then you have a HOFer??

Career     NBA   1389 1304 34.3 5.9 12.6 .471 1.8 4.7 .395 4.1 7.9 .516 .544 4.5 5.1 .888 0.6 2.4 3.0 3.0 1.1 0.2 1.7 2.0 18.2