Huerter, Hunter, and Cam....

Diesel

• Premium Member

It feels like we have pulled the plug on the development of these guys this offseason.

I want to believe that these guys will platoon at the 3 and that Gallo will come off the bench at the 4... but unfortunately... Gallo is too good to come off the bench.  

I suspect our play will be Trae, Bogi, Gallo, Collins, and Cap.

One of our three:  Hunter, Huerter, and Cam will be crushed in the PT area. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Marvin24Williams said:

There was a reddit thread where Schlenk stated Gallo agreed to come off the bench when he signed his contract. Hunter and Cam will duke it out for the starting 3 spot

That's good news if it's true!

Gallo could be 6th man of the year if that be the case. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No we haven't.  There minutes will be earned and now we have the option to pull them and have adequate replacements in lieu of ALWAYS having them play through mistakes.

Don't go pulling them all willy nilly.   Give them room to make mistakes. 

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, GameTime said:

I hope this lights a fire upon Huerter and he can get rid of his "Teague syndrome" of passivity. It is frustrating to see someone so talented choose to be so nonassertive on the court. Bogie is the antithesis of that. He is a piranha on the court.

I think the difficult question that will now need to be answered is, "Does Huerter offer more in a reserve role with the Hawks than he could merit in a trade?"

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

I think the difficult question that will now need to be answered is, "Does Huerter offer more in a reserve role with the Hawks than he could merit in a trade?"

Only time will tell....we at least have to let it play out through at least the trade deadline.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Only time will tell....we at least have to let it play out through at least the trade deadline.

The longer you wait, the less you'll get back. If you're even thinking about trading Huerter, you really gotta weigh it now.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, mrhonline said:

I want the Hawks to see if the Warriors will move that 2021 Wolves pick for Huerter. 

That's not a bad idea.  They need somebody that can replace Klay and platoon in that 2 guard spot.   If not the Wolves pick.. IF they have a pick...