• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Offensive Scheme change???

JTB

With such an outstanding off season by Schlenk who deserves all the kudos and placing good vet talent around young all stars or soon to be all stars Trae, Collins, etc....

you would have to think the offensive scheme HAS to change and be different from what we’ve been seeing the past two seasons. There’s still going to be a ton of screens set on and off  in the half court I don’t think that should change but the scheme of the off ball player movement and ball movement does have to be different with all these added shooters we have now or we would be wasting a very good offensive group of talent.

We really do have a crap load of shooters now!

Trae, Bogi, Huerter, Gallo, Collins, Snell, Hunter, Cam (he will continue to get there TRUST me), even Solomon Hill can at least hit a 3

Then interior BIG man scoring, we have....

Collins, Capela, Okungwu...who all really know how to run the floor and make appropriate cuts to the basket as big men and WILLING screen setters who aren’t selfish!

Playmakers in....

Trae (young elite), Rondo (vet Elite), Bogi, Huerter 

Athletic young long rangy wings in...

Cam, Hunter

Im wondering if Schlenk is going to push LP to run some variation of the Warriors offense?....of course the players would have to really trust the scheme and their teammates to flourish this type of offense. Then again it’s very hard to see Trae playing anything like curry even though they want the ball out of his hands more.

we may play some kind of hybrid offense with a mix of  both Dantoni’s Nash/Amare Suns and Kerr’s Splash Bro Warriors. I don’t know how possible that is I’m just really wondering what this offensive scheme is going to be!

Thoughts???

LP's offensive scheme was never the issue (shoot a lot of 3's and get inside/free throw line). It was the talent level he had to execute the scheme. He didn't have it. Now he has perfect fits for his scheme. I'm expecting us to shoot 50+ 3's a game with a high FG%. We will be very tough to stop on offense.

• Like 4

Question:  Who are the favored teams in the east?  There should be two or three.

Question:  Of these top teams in the east, who will be pushing them every night?

My thinking:  Which ever team or teams are expected to end up on the top of the east this season, can there be any doubt that Atlanta will be right on their heels, snapping and bighting all the way to the end!

We've been down for so long, I've forgotten, how are fans of a good team supposed to act?

GO ATL HAWKS !!

:smug:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I love our scheme, Dallas just had the best offense in NBA history with it. We just need a lot better execution

I think we'll see much more player movement and cutting, similar to LP's first year offense too.  Last year, I believe he had to simplify it with the rookies and lack of talent.  No excuse this year.  I'm getting hyped like you supes.  I think we can be really really good this year.

I think we're going to see a jump to around 15th on defense this season.  That'll be a huge jump for this squad. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I love our scheme, Dallas just had the best offense in NBA history with it. We just need a lot better execution

44 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I think we'll see much more player movement and cutting, similar to LP's first year offense too.  Last year, I believe he had to simplify it with the rookies and lack of talent.  No excuse this year.  I'm getting hyped like you supes.  I think we can be really really good this year.

I think we're going to see a jump to around 15th on defense this season.  That'll be a huge jump for this squad. 

Answer this for me ...I’m familiar with LPs scheme and I do like it but it’s hard to understand where Trae fits in LPs scheme when he does not have the ball in his hands .

like for example say Bogi calls for the double screen at the top of the key (a familiar Trae young play we are all use to seeing)...where does Trae fit in these type of play sets???

i guess because Trae hasn’t really shown much off ball movement cause he’s normally the one with the ball in his hands it seems to me Trae very possibly could be the one making the biggest adjustment of all our players.