• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ramifications

Diesel

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, hawkzlova123 said:

Non hawk fans are so ***** stupid. 

They keep bruning up teams like heat and philly. 

Look, heat have that bum *** lookalike and then what.. philly with embiid..

On paper, we are only behind the bucks and mayyybe boston because of their wings. But huuuuuge maybe. 

Im looking at 2nd or def. 3rd seed. Man i wish we had more competent coaching. Bud got us a 1st seed with only bums. This is atleast a 3rd seed team. 

This season bought to be suuuper fun. 

Not so fast my friend. 

The heat and the Bucks are teams that should concern us.  The heat because they have young talent and great coaching.  The Bucks because again great coaching.. But the difference that Jrue Holliday is going to make is huge.  I also suspect that DJ Augustin and Bobby Portis will add needed Depth. 

I see us as being really good in the East However, I haven't finished everything but my East top 5 looks like this:

1.  Milwaukee

2.  Nets

3.  Miami 

4.  Atlanta

5.  Boston

Falling out of course, I have the Raptors and the Pacers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Capela and Collins inside, a parade of shooters outside...Trae could very well lead the league in assists this year by a wide margin.

Although he is my least favorite NBA player, I'd love to see Trae put up Isiah Thomas type numbers from 1984 - 85

21.2 ppg

13.9 apg

4.0 rebs

2.3 stls

The steals are asking a lot from Trae, but maybe his contribution on defense will be like Allen Iverson's.  He couldn't stop anybody man to man, but he played passing lanes very well and got a ton of steals.  I'd take that defensive contribution from Trae.

From an offensive standpoint, Trae is more like Isiah, than the guys he's normally compared to ( Steph and Steve Nash ).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Diesel said:

Not so fast my friend. 

The heat and the Bucks are teams that should concern us.  The heat because they have young talent and great coaching.  The Bucks because again great coaching.. But the difference that Jrue Holliday is going to make is huge.  I also suspect that DJ Augustin and Bobby Portis will add needed Depth. 

I see us as being really good in the East However, I haven't finished everything but my East top 5 looks like this:

1.  Milwaukee

2.  Nets

3.  Miami 

4.  Atlanta

5.  Boston

Falling out of course, I have the Raptors and the Pacers. 

I think Miami caught lightening in a bottle in the bubble.  If they get past the second round this, year, they'll earn my respect.  They were starting to fade during the regular season and then the break and they came back out like gang busters.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

I think Miami caught lightening in a bottle in the bubble.  If they get past the second round this, year, they'll earn my respect.  They were starting to fade during the regular season and then the break and they came back out like gang busters.

Naw...  They got the real deal.   The team is built off of two way players  Anchored by Jimmy and Bam.  Add to that Dragic, Iguodala, and Herro.  I don't know how to rate Bradley and Harkless.  But they will probably have their best seasons in Miami. 

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Naw...  They got the real deal.   The team is built off of two way players  Anchored by Jimmy and Bam.  Add to that Dragic, Iguodala, and Herro.  I don't know how to rate Bradley and Harkless.  But they will probably have their best seasons in Miami. 

Only time will tell.

• Premium Member

Whatever happened to two way players anyway?

There is a great multitude of guys that can only play on one side of the ball and a small fraction of guys that can play offense and defense.

I was listening to the woes that the Clipps have of trying to trade Lou Williams.   One of the sticking points is that he doesn't play defense.   This is true of a lot of good offensive players.   What's the deal?

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Miami will not repeat as Eastern Conf champs. They are good, but this season was a one-off, not the start of a dynasty.

I don't disagree.   Brooklyn is coming.   Atlanta is coming.  I don't know how trading Crowder out for Bradley is going to work for them.. but I don't see them taking the  East this year.   Hell, Milwaukee may be back.... if Jrue and Giannis stays healthy... what's the answer for that?

15 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Although he is my least favorite NBA player, I'd love to see Trae put up Isiah Thomas type numbers from 1984 - 85

21.2 ppg

13.9 apg

4.0 rebs

2.3 stls

The steals are asking a lot from Trae, but maybe his contribution on defense will be like Allen Iverson's.  He couldn't stop anybody man to man, but he played passing lanes very well and got a ton of steals.  I'd take that defensive contribution from Trae.

From an offensive standpoint, Trae is more like Isiah, than the guys he's normally compared to ( Steph and Steve Nash ).

To me, shot attempts are far more telling than ppg. He needs to continue to improve his efficiency.  If he does that he can be at 17-18 attempts per game and still avg 28-30 ppg. That would work well within the offense given the new additions. 

If he avgs 21 ppg it will he highly disappointing because he will either be extremely inefficient OR will be limited to 13-14 att per game. That’s not how you best use your star player. 

• Like 1

For as much pressure as there may be on Trae, there will be at least double that on Coach LP.

Trae has more than proven himself so far.  He still has tons more to prove as he matures, but no one is sleeping on him at this point.  He is a focal point regardless, and he's shown he's comfortable with that.

Meanwhile, I see a huge number of management decisions for LP to make, and I'm not entirely confident yet that he'll be able to put this whole thing together as quickly as our offseason has suggested.  Especially with the hiring of Nate McMillan right before all of our moves... that tells me TS is sending a message to LP.  Not a threatening message, but that the ante has been raised significantly.

How short is the leash this season on LP?  Say we're under .500 20 games into the season -- do we talk about cutting bait on LP and hand McMillan the keys?  This is the situational side of TS and our whole front office that we haven't seen at work yet.