• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No Extension for John Collins

JTB

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Even better are the "Gallo to ATL? COLLINS IS ON THE TRADE BLOCK!" reactions. I think I've responded to at least a dozen of these YT videos or posts on realgm before I just gave up.

Your Boston coworker still thinks they are getting Collins? :laugh1:

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'm still puzzled at all these talking heads and "experts" that thought he was coming here to start over Collins or at SF. It literally made no sense.

Just exposes how out of touch they are when it comes to their basektball IQ, and general awareness of different teams in the league.

• Like 3

Thank goodness Schlenk is, more or less, putting these Gallinari at SF assertions to rest.  Look.  It'd be great if there was a world in which he could hold his own at the 3.  But in reality, he's going to be an extremely valuable backup PF and maybe, just maybe, the occasional minute or two at SF.  But in no way shape or form is he going to be a game in and game out SF.  He's expensive as crap for just being a backup PF but it's the only sensible way to hedge our bets he doesn't get hurt and doesn't get exposed any more as a bad defender than he already has. I'm fine with 15-20 minutes a game from him.  Let's move on please. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

Thank goodness Schlenk is, more or less, putting these Gallinari at SF assertions to rest.  Look.  It'd be great if there was a world in which he could hold his own at the 3.  But in reality, he's going to be an extremely valuable backup PF and maybe, just maybe, the occasional minute or two at SF.  But in no way shape or form is he going to be a game in and game out SF.  He's expensive as crap for just being a backup PF but it's the only sensible way to hedge our bets he doesn't get hurt and doesn't get exposed any more as a bad defender than he already has. I'm fine with 15-20 minutes a game from him.  Let's move on please. 

I actually think he will pull 25-28 minutes per game between PF (mainly) and SF (only when it makes sense)

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

What would give Collins confidence going into this season, is a 155 million dollar contract.

I think it’s going to happen. I really do...collins can get a big contract and still be moveable down the line if things don’t work out.

and NO I’m not saying we are trading him I’m just saying his value is not likely to take any falls so to me he’s a safe signing even if you planned to move him in the future.