• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young and The Narrative

marco102

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I don't think those are the only way.  Trae could just play outside of his mind.   If he put up Curry like highlights and the team becomes dominant, he will become a superstar. 

I agree with the changing narrative.   Our win/loss has the ability to change the narrative. 

Well...

Trae is putting up insane numbers right now.  Statistically, he is in elite historic company.  As far as highlights, his range is so deep that they pick him up as soon as he steps over half court.  Not to mention, he is a better pure point guard right now, and for much of his rookie season, than Curry has ever been or ever will be.  In terms of court vision, passing ability, and overall awareness, he's arguably the best floor general to come into the league since Chris Paul.  He's literally a walking shooting/passing highlight, carrying this team's offense, and gets called an empty "stat padder on a bad team" for it.  So, I'll have to 100% disagree...we have to make the finals or like, sign Luka as a free agent before "they" give a damn.

Now, if you're saying that us becoming dominant equates to us being a contender, then that's the original point that I made and we're in agreement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He might be a couple percentage points better but to expect him to shoot better than Kevin is not realistic at all. Kevin is a sharp. Bogi is a good shooter but streaky. 

Bogi is a damn good spot up shooter.  If he's getting more of those opportunities, you could see his three point percentag get into the 40's. 

If you are talking just a couple of percentage points from last year that puts him at about 39.2% on 7.2 attempts.  That's pretty close to what Kevin shot last season.  Although, I do agree, I think Kevin will be a better pure shooter than Bogi. 

Klay Thompdon's last healthy season he was 40.2% on 7.7 attempts. 

Trae, Bogi, and Kevin, could be splash bro's light out east. Not as good pure shooters, but defintely could be on par scoring.

Edited by marco102

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He might be a couple percentage points better but to expect him to shoot better than Kevin is not realistic at all. Kevin is a sharp. Bogi is a good shooter but streaky. 

Bogi to me is less so a shooter and moreso a Scorer, who can shoot.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Bogi to me is less so a shooter and moreso a Scorer, who can shoot.

I can see that. He is a 3 level scorer but he can't just create you his own shot like Trae but he's opportunistic where he depending how you are defending him, he will take advantage of mistakes or mismatches. He's the SG we wanted from Kevin

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I can see that. He is a 3 level scorer but he can't just create you his own shot like Trae but he's opportunistic where he depending how you are defending him, he will take advantage of mistakes or mismatches. He's the SG we wanted from Kevin

Maybe Kev can learn a few things

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Can someone explain to me why Luka is better than Trae besides defense and rebounding? I feel like they are in the same tier offensively.

Simple.  One plays for Atlanta.  One does not.

:sun:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
On 11/26/2020 at 7:29 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

When I told him about the defensive additions he was like "well the coaching sucks so it wont matter anyway."

I like how this guy thinks!!! 😎 But seriously its going to take time to sort thru what Trae is and certainly what Cam is.  We won't know until year 3-4 how good Cam can actually be.  We have a good Idea how good Trae can be but Trae just has to continue to refine his game and continue to grow the mental aspect of his game.

• Like 1

When the Hawks were bad, Trae vs Luka was the main national discussion topic.  I think it will gradually fade, especially since it's obvious that Trae is an all star.  I think Cam will be an all star also.  But Luka is a superstar so to me in hindsight we lost the trade.  No biggie since we took great players with the picks.  I probably would not have taken Trae with that pick so I would have really lost the trade.

This thread here is the prime example of what the narrative is.  There's no naunce to why Trae graded one of the worst defensive players in the league. Not saying he was good, but the he's historically bad on defense takes are just terrible.  You know if your team is ass on defense them most players grade out terribly, unless you're really dominate on that side of the ball.  Some say Trae will never be a top 15 - 20 player in the league because he just can't improve on defense. 

Enjoy!

Edited by marco102

7 hours ago, marco102 said:

This thread here is the prime example of what the narrative is.  There's no naunce to why Trae graded one of the worst defensive players in the league. Not saying he was good, but the he's historically bad on defense takes are just terrible.  You know if your team is ass on defense them most players grade out terribly, unless you're really dominate on that side of the ball.  Some say Trae will never be a top 15 - 20 player in the league because he just can't improve on defense. 

Enjoy!

Its clear from most comments, watching the Atlanta Hawks just isn't a common experience for most of these posters and they already have an implicit bias to Luka to start. This is the last hooray for these guys as Cam Reddish and Trae Young will be taking names and kicking ass in 2020-21 and we will be winning games. Road to 50+ wins, here we come.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Its clear from most comments, watching the Atlanta Hawks just isn't a common experience for most of these posters and they already have an implicit bias to Luka to start. This is the last hooray for these guys as Cam Reddish and Trae Young will be taking names and kicking ass in 2020-21 and we will be winning games. Road to 50+ wins, here we come.

I'd love for every bit of this to happen!

• Like 2