• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Training Camp and Preseason 2020.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
Just now, terrell said:

Exactly....

Unfortunately, I have not been very impressed with Grant since he became an “owner”.  Thankfully we have Ressler and his better half who seem very invested and want to be a part of the day to day experience.  It is fun especially watching Jami get excited in the stands like a true fan.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RandomFan said:

I nominate kg to be our interviewer. Can you imagine the look of horror and disgust on these people's faces after kg uncorks one of his "gems" on them?  

🤣

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I vote for me.

- "And our first question is from the hawksquawk contingent."

- "Yeah uh, You got that angry, homeless man look down pat.  You just go to the barber and ask for 'the vagabond' look, right?"

- "Uhhhhh ....."

Sarcastic Yes GIFs | Tenor

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Having the right vets are so important. When you get vets that sign in FAcy(guys that want to be here)  vs trading for them for their contracts (Turner, Parsons, Crabbe) it's a big difference.

The Hill signing was a curious one, after listening to his interview, I can see why they like him.

I have high hopes for us this year.  Solo is right though that these vets are going to have to get the young ones to be willing to sacrifice.  That will determine our year I believe is the extent the “core” plays for wins instead of stats or personal goals.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

I have high hopes for us this year.  Solo is right though that these vets are going to have to get the young ones to be willing to sacrifice.  That will determine our year I believe is the extent the “core” plays for wins instead of stats or personal goals.

So far in all the interviews, all the youngins are open and welcoming to the vets, they've talked about having to compete for playing time...so this bodes well. As long as it leads to winning, it should be good.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Winning. 

A lot is on LP to push the right buttons to make it happen.

Yes, LP may not last the first half of the season if he cannot guide us to a winning record.  And I think that would be a reasonable decision.  We have too good of a mix of talent and depth to not win this season.

• Like 1

The focus and messaging is clear. Winning is all that matters.

If its your night its your night. Matchups/hot hand over everything. 

From the little they say I think Trae JC and Clint are guaranteed starters. Bogi and Hunter are the LIKELY other starters. The competition is really with Hunter and Cam it appears.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Having the right vets are so important. When you get vets that sign in FAcy(guys that want to be here)  vs trading for them for their contracts (Turner, Parsons, Crabbe) it's a big difference.

The Hill signing was a curious one, after listening to his interview, I can see why they like him.

You read my mind of what I was thinking as well. The vets we got last year wasn't invested into the situation. They all had other plans. Turner was looking at his next career opportunities. Parsons was thinking about Malibu. VC was tremendous in the locker room but we had no business relying on him to win games last year.

• Like 2

What I see is the man saying:

People care about their money.- If you aren't starting, we pay you a lot of money to do your dang job

People care about winning-  I think putting you in this role is our best chance to win.  That's all that matters right?

People care about being in the NBA- Look son, you are lucky to be Atlanta Hawk or in the NBA at all.  Let's be real..

And people care about starting- Look if you are going to cry about it I will start you.  Doesn't mean you will play the majority of the minutes or finish, but hey you'll start..

• Like 3