• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Training Camp and Preseason 2020.

JayBirdHawk

The Knicks’ G League team in Westchester is finalizing a deal to sign the former first-round pick Skal Labissiere, league sources say,

Labissiere will be signing an Exhibit 10 deal with the Knicks

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Everyone has forgotten about him. I think he could surprise people in year 2.

and i hate it. He may not be end up being a superstar, but he had a very solid rookie year. He has more offensive game than people give him credit for

Edited by Cwell
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Cwell said:

and i hate it. He may not be end up being a superstar, but he had a very solid rookie year. He has more offensive game than people give him credit for

I don't know what he will end up being but I do know that he already has the physical tools and the shooting to be a starter in this league.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, terrell said:

4:40 - 5:01 @Peoriabird   . . . like I said, this is part of the sentiment that LP expressed in his preseason video.  I fully believe he's going to give Gallinari some minutes at the 5.  Even Coach Nick is suggesting this.

Also . . 5:14 - 5:40 illustrates my major pet peeve with LP and his offense.  I looked up with Coach said, and it's true.  Hawks were 25th in Post Up frequency, but 1st in the league in points per possession ( 1.02 ) from those post ups.

De'Andre Hunter led the Hawks in PPP ( 1.26 ), which ranked him 5th in the league.  But he only put up 16 shots in the post.   His size should have him receiving the ball in this area a lot more often, especially if he's playing 3 ( or the 2, like I suggested last season ).  His scoring frequency on post ups was at 63.2%, ranking him 3rd in the league.  He could flat out take advantage of small in stature wings down on the block a few times a game.

Of the 6 Hawks that got up shots on post ups ( Hunter - Collins - Jabari - Vince - Len - Bruno ) . . all of them shot at least 53% on those types of shots.  Jabari shot a whopping 70% on post ups.  In an offense that was bottom 5 in the league, he MUST start to run plays toward player's strengths.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1