• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Training Camp and Preseason 2020.

JayBirdHawk

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I know we all want JC on a 'good' deal but winning on a tanking team is not a measure to use when determining if and how much you should extend a rookie contract, it's based on his potential and anticipated growth.  D'Aaron Fox just got a 5 year max deal from a Kings team that isn't winning either.

You can use a plethora of other reasons to underpay him, but using winning on this team the past 3 seasons isn't one of them.

I agree but I also think management matters as well. Fox got that deal from the Kings, doesn't mean Schlenk is going to play keep up with the Jones'. Plus Fox is like Trae to them. A no brainer type Max guy. Collins is not the centerpiece for us, therefore being more strategic is important .

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, RedDawg#8 said:

I agree but I also think management matters as well. Fox got that deal from the Kings, doesn't mean Schlenk is going to play keep up with the Jones'. Plus Fox is like Trae to them. A no brainer type Max guy. Collins is not the centerpiece for us, therefore being more strategic is important .

I'm not saying TS should, I'm saying using 'winning on a team deliberately tanking' should not be a criteria for giving a rookie extention.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I know we all want JC on a 'good' deal but winning on a tanking team is not a measure to use when determining if and how much you should extend a rookie contract, it's based on his potential and anticipated growth.  D'Aaron Fox just got a 5 year max deal from a Kings team that isn't winning either.

You can use a plethora of other reasons to underpay him, but using winning on this team the past 3 seasons isn't one of them.

Good point 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

That's a disingenuous statement by @JayBirdHawk. They absolutely see DeAaron has a face of the franchise like Trae Young. You can't compare their value of Fox to anyone on our squad but Young.

5 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Actually Supes said anything 4 yrs/80 mil would be an overpay. So expect an overpay, that's not actually an overpay.

That was my personal opinion. I don't know what the Hawks are currently negotiating with JC.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

That's a disingenuous statement by @JayBirdHawk. They absolutely see DeAaron has a face of the franchise like Trae Young. You can't compare their value of Fox to anyone on our squad but Young.

You are missing my point. The contex in which I made my original statement is clear.

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You are missing my point. The contex in which I made my original statement is clear.

Your point is naturally off as Fox value is greater to the Kings than anyone else. JC value isn't Trae to us. His value isn't Trae to anybody. I would say this time, last year Buddy Hield is ideally what JC value is to us.

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Your point is naturally off as Fox value is greater to the Kings than anyone else. JC value isn't Trae to us. His value isn't Trae to anybody. I would say this time, last year Buddy Hield is ideally what JC value is to us.

Again, you need to go back and read what I SPECIFICALLY responded to in my initial post....AGAIN...Context!

It had nothing to do with how each player is viewed by the organization, nothing to do with how much to pay.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:
17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I didn't see a riddle.  I understood exactly what he said.

Well you're not blinded by an agenda so ....

what does this mean then?

People care about their money. People care about winning. People care about being in the NBA. And people care about starting.... When I communicate with our players, I tell them exactly what the deal is. I don’t know, so I am preaching competition.”

MY TAKE:  All NBA players should appreciate the fact that they are in the NBA.  They all like the money that they can make as players.  Most NBA players want to be starters.  All love to win.

Lloyd Pierce is saying, I know all this.  I'm not guaranteeing any of you that you will start.  Winning is our goal here.  Whether you start or relieve, I expect competition from all.  Not every game will have the same starting five, whether it's because of injury, Covid19 or something else.

😃

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

To Pbird's point LP is kind of a run on talker.  I can relate.   so pulling out a succinct quote for the media from the stream of consciousness has got to be hard.

I thought he was sending a message to specific players John Collins about the money...Cam/Hunter about starting or something like that

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I thought he was sending a message to specific players John Collins about the money...Cam/Hunter about starting or something like that

Well that's an interesting point because despite this quote Travis already said Collins is starting right?   I think it is more guys like cam/hunter/heurter.   Those guys are going to be heading to contract negotiations in the next few years and it makes a big difference whether they are a starter or not.   

• Like 2