• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Now that Free Agency is done, what's your personal expectations:

NBASupes

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

3 to 5 is really optimistic imo.

Who do you see as realistic seeds?

Barring something extraordinary happening, I think Bucks, Nets, and Sixers are near locks to be better than the Hawks.

Celtics, Raptors, and Heat are likely to be better. Hawks need some good breaks for themselves AND against any of these teams to leapfrog them.

I see the Pacers and maybe Hornets pushing for 8th seed. 

Then any of Magic, Wizards, Pistons for 9 to 11.

Chicago and maybe Knicks could surprise for top 11.

Cavs gunning for that Number 1 pick.

Assuming we get the most out of the talent on this team we could be better than the Sixers and Raptors IMO. I think both those teams are gonna start trending backwards. 

Wait now, I thought the quack decided for all of us meek that we were in for 5-10 years of losing and lottery. What’s this “PLAYOFFS” (in the timeframe Hazer and the like you lowly bachelor degreeists predicted) you speak of?

• Haha 2

• Moderators
19 hours ago, hazer said:

Wait now, I thought the quack decided for all of us meek that we were in for 5-10 years of losing and lottery. What’s this “PLAYOFFS” (in the timeframe Hazer and the like you lowly bachelor degreeists predicted) you speak of?

My bet with kb is whether this team finishes in the bottom 5 this season.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Some people miss the forest for the trees. Nobody could have precisely predicted the exact moves we would make this offseason, but it was pretty obvious when Schlenk took over 3 years ago what the plan was. Even with what's largely considered as a setback last year, we were right on schedule. A 3 year rebuild was extremely optimistic on the fans end, but our front office excelled at drafting, placed a premium on on-court development, and were financially savvy to the point that everything lined up perfect to strike in FA when other teams were not prepared to compete against us. That took major foresight and patience. That took putting ego and anxiety aside to play things out. And now here we are, not even a game in to the season and as positive as ever that our time has arrived to make a huge leap.

In Schlenk we Trust. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

This is an almost impossible season to feel confident about any predictions.  I honestly can see us winning 30 or 50 games. 

This is a good point.  I imagine most teams will be right around .500 and I don't think everyone will get through all 72 or whatever games.

It's why I push back on all the people saying we have too much duplication.  There's a good chance every team will have some covid cases or at least covid scares that'll cause guys to have to sit.  We don't know at this point if our duplication actually is duplication yet.

It's like that one episode of King of the Hill where mom Peggy was giving "extra" food away.  Her fat kid Bobby turned to his mom and said, "How do we know it's extra yet?"

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47lcsf7cj2lbvm4gqxmc

Edited by kg01
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
On 11/27/2020 at 5:19 PM, NBASupes said:

1. Hawks win 50 games.

2. Trae Young is a MVP candidate 

3. Cam Reddish is a most improved candidate 

4. Hunter, Reddish, and Okongwu makes the rookie vs. Sophomore game in our mind.

5. Reddish is a contender for the NBA All Star in our head.

6. JC makes the All Stars in our head.

7. Bogi makes a tremendous impact on Clint, JC, and Cam. We see a major jump. 

8. Best bench in the NBA, Kevin and De'Andre have a WAR of plus 3.5 and both are wanted in a blockbuster trade

9. Okongwu is a candidate for rookie of the year. 

10. Okongwu is 1st team all rookie.

11. Trae is 1st team all NBA ahead of Dame and Steph.

12. Hawks are 1st in the east due to the strange scheduling 

13. LP wins coach of the year 

14. Kris Dunn is Supes favorite Hawk behind Trae and Cam

15. I can't wait for a month to pass to get rid of this Karl Malone avatar. 

16. Okongwu will remind me of Karl Malone 

17. Our biggest need for the playoffs is luck and how the bracket shapes up.

18. Chemistry will be critical for next season. 

19. I hope we can do like Miami and shock the world. 

20. Travis Schlenk will be the executive of the year.

21. Go Hawks! 

Interesting!