• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

35 minutes ago, AHF said:

If we can rent him for very low cost and are fine to let him walk, that is a more attractive scenario but I'm sure Houston is hoping to recoup real value.

Oladipo for Snell / Bruno / Goodwin / Solo works according to trade machine.  Not sure why Hou would do that though.  Maybe if they throw in a pick or something.  

• Like 1

Dipo hasn’t even been good recently... he only had 1 good game (against the hawks)

Last 10 games: 

21 ppg  

40FG% - 30 3pt% - 51 TS%

Now take out the hawks game & he’s at 

20 ppg 

37FG% - 27 3pt% - 48 TS%

Plus he’s missed 9 of the last 21 games Rockets have played.

Edited by GThawks3
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, thecampster said:

Nathan Knight born September 20th 1997. Played 4 years at W&M, 125 games, 26.6 mpg or over 3000 minutes of floor time.

Bruno Fernando born August 15, 1998. Played 2 years at Maryland, 64 games, 26..4 mpg or about 1500 minutes of floor time., 1 year with the Hawks @ 650 minutes of floor time.

The assessments that Bruno could use the G-League aren't wrong.  Although a rookie, Knight is 1 year older with a full year of basketball more since college and 900 more minutes played.

Bruno started out playing in Angola and his early development compared to Knight is well...night and day. 

😆 I don’t think floor time is it man. Bruno just isn’t gonna make it in the pros for too much longer. I’ve seen this movie before and age and floor time have nothing to do with it. The Knight and day thing is funny though. Lol.

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Better to do it that way than to ask a private question out in the open thinking it was a PM.

What if it'd been, "Hey campster, you ever get rid of that rash?"

Now that would've been embarrassing, right?

By the way, did you ever ... uh, nevermind, check your pm's.

🤓

Hey 👋 kg, check your pm.

• Haha 1

All the times I have been hard on Huerter but am not remotely comfortable giving him up with his progression especially with all the interrupted season drama stuff. We were so desperate for anyone that could hit a three last year and now we have some answers and Kevin is absolutely one of them. Not the negative he was on D as much and maybe it is both him and Nate but whatever the reasons he is a very nice fit for us. Having to worry about where players get their minutes on the wing is a much better scenario than searching for trades and the minor league to find a gunner wing. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, thecampster said:

No need for picks to exchange hands as Bogdan is a very good player but a bad fit here.

Haven't seen anyone else ask, so I'll be that guy, but what is being said that makes the Hawks think of him as a bad fit here? 

Personality? Basketball skillset not what we want anymore? Overlapping skills with a younger player they would rather keep (Huerter)? Something else?

Edited by RandomFan

I’m all for getting Dipo if the price is right. Houston will probably try and get more than he’s worth (as any good GM should), but in reality, Houston is on the wrong side of the standings, he’s an expiring contract with a history of injuries, and everyone knows Houston should be trying to win the lottery - not basketball games. Unless a bidding war is breaking out, Travis should have some leverage here I would think. Fillers and a very protected pick (or the OKC pick) sounds good to me. Let’s make some noise in the playoffs!

.....unless I’m missing something here and Dipo actually has a lot of value. But like I said, he’s an expiring, not getting the max next year, so can literally sign anywhere. The value then becomes attractive to teams competing for the playoffs this year who aren’t trading key pieces before a playoff push.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

I’m all for getting Dipo if the price is right. Houston will probably try and get more than he’s worth (as any good GM should), but in reality, Houston is on the wrong side of the standings, he’s an expiring contract with a history of injuries, and everyone knows Houston should be trying to win the lottery - not basketball games. Unless a bidding war is breaking out, Travis should have some leverage here I would think. Fillers and a very protected pick (or the OKC pick) sounds good to me. Let’s make some noise in the playoffs!

.....unless I’m missing something here and Dipo actually has a lot of value. But like I said, he’s an expiring, not getting the max next year, so can literally sign anywhere. The value then becomes attractive to teams competing for the playoffs this year who aren’t trading key pieces before a playoff push.

What’s your offer to Houston for Oladipo?

• Premium Member

Oladipo's salary is $21m.

We wouldn't have the cap space to accommodate any addition right now; thus, acquiring him would require significant $ going out.

Don't see that happening.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Haven't seen anyone else ask, so I'll be that guy, but what is being said that makes the Hawks think of him as a bad fit here? 

Personality? Basketball skillset not what we want anymore? Overlapping skills with a younger player they would rather keep (Huerter)? Something else?

They got him to work with the 1st unit, not second.  18 mil is a lot to spend for a bench wing.  He has a slower game than Trae, Collins, Capela. Much like Joe Johnson, the ball slows down when it hits BB's hands. The first unit falls out of sets.  There were 2 catch at shoots last night with BB and Trae which is exactly the kind of curl off screen, run the baseline to the corner player they need off of Trae's game. This isn't natural for BB. He executed it, but he's much better at "the offense is breaking down, lemme go get you a bucket" kind of an offense.  BB on the floor will take the ball out of Trae's hands in order for BB to be effective. BB+Rondo+Gallo is a great fit as all 3 love to run set plays, iso kickouts. But those 3 on the floor together is $45 million or 40% of your cap...on the bench line.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JTB said:

Probably has a lot to do with how great Huerter is playing if I had to guess but that still doesn’t make sense honestly if you look at things from a depth standpoint.

On top of that Bogi has been hurt and hasn’t truly played enough games to be down on him. Personally the SG position was the biggest hole on the team but between Huerter, Bogi, Cam we have enough depth there to where we  are covered with good play.

I say hold on to Bogi and make the decision after the season or next season by trade deadline. It’s too early to me to be down on any one on this team except Bruno 

This!  Unless an offer with fit knocks their socks off, there is no value in moving him now. Run with that strong bench play and see how far it takes you. But you can't keep the starters in the future if you keep the $57 million you have invested in those 3 + Snell.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

Bogie fits great on the bench as you said.  One thing I'll counter with though is that since Nate has taken over, the Hawks dropped to nearly last in the NBA in PACE.  Before last game they were 29th at around 94 poss/ gm.  So they aren't playing all that fast.  Now, I don't know that there's necessarily any correlation between the pace and the winning but I do know they are top 5 in OffRtg and DefRtg while playing this slower pace.  So whatever is the cause and whatever is the effect, it's all working right now.  

Also, I've never really bought into the "you can't have a high priced player on the bench" mentality.  The cap space is what it is so spend it however you need to.  For the Hawks, they have cheap starters on rookie contracts so it makes sense (to me) that they would have higher priced backups.  As long as ownership is willing to spend over the cap to extend the starters (and as long as the starters are capable of achieving the team goals), who cares if they make more or less than their backups?   

Eggsactly.

And there isnt long term overlap of when the starters will be due their raises so in the mean time, yes, fill out the roster and spend money. Those contracts fall off in time that we wont be hindered for more than 1 season or so.

• Like 1