• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

• Premium Member
On 3/17/2021 at 11:33 AM, thecampster said:

Snell has gotten serious interest but there are salary match issues.  Do not be surprised if he's moved in a 3 team deal. His value has risen to a low first plus filler.

This still clinging in the recesses of my brain from sometime last week... fwiw.

1 hour ago, sturt said:

This still clinging in the recesses of my brain from sometime last week... fwiw.

Same. And I'm kind of a Snell homer given his UNM Lobo ties... but if we could get a 1st for his expiring I say it's worth it in the long run. When Hunter and Cam are back his role will be smaller and he won't have the value he currently does. I say try and get a valuable asset and if we really want to, we can sign him in the offseason.

• Like 2

On 3/19/2021 at 11:24 AM, Spud2nique said:

I’ve never wanted to stand pat more like this year. I love our 1-12 or 15.

I like our core. And our bench. And our prospects. And our coaches. And our trainers. And our concessions workers 💯 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, thecampster said:

I floated dropping a player and signing Cousins a few weeks ago. Cousins is not one of the names mentioned but talk of moving Bruno for a 2nd rounder does have substance in order to open up a roster spot. I don't have anything substantial on the names.

4 hours ago, marco102 said:

I'd be interested in Cousins.  He'd be great at backup for us.

Cuz was cut loose from Houston becuz he was bitching and/or moaning about being a backup. No thanks, don’t need nunnathat up in here 🚫

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, hazer said:

Cuz was cut loose from Houston becuz he was bitching and/or moaning about being a backup. No thanks, don’t need nunnathat up in here 🚫

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Is that what happened? If so, then no thanks to him.

Yep:

Sources said Cousins was not happy with his role as a backup center behind Christian Wood, wanting more playing time. Rockets coach Stephen Silas did not consider playing Wood and Cousins together, as he wants to use Wood solely as a center.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yep:

Sources said Cousins was not happy with his role as a backup center behind Christian Wood, wanting more playing time. Rockets coach Stephen Silas did not consider playing Wood and Cousins together, as he wants to use Wood solely as a center.

I would complain too, they would rather start 6-6 guys at PF than let Woods and Cousins run together. That organization is still jacked up from the Morey way of thinking.

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I would complain too, they would rather start 6-6 guys at PF than let Woods and Cousins run together. That organization is still jacked up from the Morey way of thinking.

Cousins plays no Defense!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Cousins plays no Defense!

I don't want him, I just dont think he is wrong for complaining about how that shit show of a franchise went about using him. If he and AD could coexist as starters, they could have let him and Wood try it out.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I haven't watched much Rockets, but I think it's more about keeping their high prized FA in Wood at Center, where he is actually better vs Cousins who isn't in their long term plans.

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I haven't watched much Rockets, but I think it's more about keeping their high prized FA in Wood at Center, where he is actually better vs Cousins who isn't in their long term plans.

And we see where that has gotten them

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

And we see where that has gotten them

They traded James Harden, that's their issue.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Jay, I'll concede this debate. I truly do not care enough about the Rockets or Cousins. I disagree with jumping on Cousins in this instance only. He still is washed up, he still is emotional. I have no personal preference to support him or Wood.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Small Update: 

There will be a number of moves made. It's highly unlikely the Hawks are involved unless their price tags are being met. 

Expect Oladipo, DeRozan, A. Gordon, and Kyle Lowry to be moved. 

Price is Right only guys: Norman Powell, JC, and Lonzo Ball. Otherwise expect them to stay with their teams. 

Pay salt to trade ideas with Kevin or Cam in it. 

While Atlanta has been talking to NO about trades. He confirmed the only one where they made progress is: Tony Snell has been mentioned a lot. There has been some serious talk about Snell and minor pieces (Brandon or Bruno) being traded for Bledsoe. There is also interest in J.J. Redick as well. He mentioned, other have mentioned Zo and Reddish to him but no one from Atlanta side or from NO side has mentioned any offer from Atlanta for Ball. LAC and CHI have made offers but NO is locked in to what they are looking for if they are moving Ball. Cam will appeal to NO if offered which is seemingly what NO might be trying to drum up with no real interest from Atlanta side. He said, teams are pretty far from what NO is looking for in return for a Ball trade. He doesn't think Ball will be moved. 

Rondo name has disappeared from all talks. 

Bogi name in talks is hilarious. The offers are beyond disgusting. 

Tony Snell seems to be the one player who could be moved who has positive value. Brandon and Bruno do not have positive value. 

Hi Supes,

I'm surprised by the DeMar mention. Aren't the Spurs trying to make the playoffs and isn't he a big part of that? What would the return look like or which teams did you hear were interested? Thanks. 

17 hours ago, macdaddy said:

This right here is what makes sense.   Snell for bledsoe is interesting but adds future salary.  JJ is officially old as heck for an nba player and shooting 20 points under what Snell is.  

When it comes down to it.   We're in good shape.  We don't need anything really. 

Lies!

We need Hunter to get back to full speed and for Bogd to get his rhythm.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spacejam said:

Hi Supes,

I'm surprised by the DeMar mention. Aren't the Spurs trying to make the playoffs and isn't he a big part of that? What would the return look like or which teams did you hear were interested? Thanks. 

I didn't ask why DeMar. It was just one of the names he mentioned as most likely.