2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

• Moderators

I’d be excited as a fan if we signed Cousins but I’m not clamoring for it.  Feels like he needs to go to a vet team with good infrastructure.  Ideally a star to ride heard ala Jordan and Rodman.  Just doesn’t seem like we are the right fit.

Hey Sipes, just read an article that said The Kings offered Bagley for Collins, any truth to that?  I still want to keep JC, doesn't  make sense to mess up the Chemistry with he & Trae.

4 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Hey Sipes, just read an article that said The Kings offered Bagley for Collins, any truth to that?  I still want to keep JC, doesn't  make sense to mess up the Chemistry with he & Trae.

That's a dramatic downgrade at that position as well.  Bagley has athleticism, but that's all he has going for him.  It would be a downgrade from a skill level standpoint and a dramatic downgrade defensively.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, KB21 said:

That's a dramatic downgrade at that position as well.  Bagley has athleticism, but that's all he has going for him.  It would be a downgrade from a skill level standpoint and a dramatic downgrade defensively.  

Yup, Bagley is on shooting 56% from the free throw line this year.  They would need to throw a 1st rounder in there as well. 

1 hour ago, Blunt91 said:

They were shopping him for an all star level big. I hear that much. Nothing about him being shopped for Collins. He wouldn't fit what Atlanta does. This is a PnR based team. That said, with our recent adjustment to more back to the basket play, he might be a much better fit than he would have been under LP. 

That said, I haven't heard nothing on the Collins front other than it's extremely unlikely he will be moved. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Wurider05 said:

Man Bagley for Collins is something I was expecting to be put out there. You have to give that some thought. Some serious thought. 

I hope this is sarcasm? Why in the world we anyone seriously consider Bagley for Collins?

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

When you factor in health, I agree that it is a dramatic downgrade.  If both were healthy, it would be a good conversation but I'd still rather have the guy with the career 37% 3pt% and 77% ft% over the guy with the 31.8% 3pt% and 66% ft%.  On a per minute basis, the numbers aren't too far apart but JC has the better points, rebounds, blocks, and assists per minute (and the same steal number).

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

He simply hasn't developed in three years. We saw this happen to Julius Randle as well but he needed a couple of moves to find a home. That said, Bagley's injuries is his biggest concern. Add to the fact that he's a man without a role offensively and defensively, he remains lost as ever. He just needs to get more playing reps and the right reps. That said, Atlanta wouldn't trade Collins for Bagley to me at least. Not that I know anything about this one. 

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I just feel like Bagley is who he is.  It's not that he's underperformed as much as he was overrated as a prospect to begin with.    But that's just $.02 from the peanut gallery. 

Injuries and his love for making music 🎶 is a side distraction. He needs more discipline and focus on training to keep his body healthy.

20 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Disagree here. Lotta natural that can’t be taught.

More of this though.

"Sucks" is strong, I'll admit.  I think it's better said that he just is what he is.  An athletic big, not much more.  He'll fall into 20/10 type numbers but have no impact and plays no d.

All the criticisms of John Collins aka Con Jollins, actually apply better to Bagley.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Outside of a potential Tony Snell trade. I haven't really heard Atlanta is closing in on nothing ....

Wait, so you're tellin' me we're not trading Con Jollins to Loston for Teague and a future 3rd rounder?

Sully bet his house they were gonna get 'im.  Guess he got Con'd instead.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

he just is what he is

That’s a category that belongs to Wiggins and Kanter, we would have to check with them if there’s room for another.

I think the team that trades for Bagley though might be getting a low risk high reward depending on the deal. If he gets healthy, look out.