• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, sturt said:

Great.

So, we come out of this with not only the gaping hole behind the starting C, but now also a gaping hole behind the starting PG.

What could go wrong?

Ended last season needing a backup PG and Center - and here we are - again!

• Like 2

Just now, Spud2nique said:

To the people who hated Rondo, now what? Lou better come off and play like Flip Murray and just go off for us.

I suspect the answer you'll get is along the lines of, "Bwah .... Rondo sucked."

Well ok, but now what?

"Bwah ... Rondo sucked."

• Haha 1

By trading Rondo for Lou, the Hawks have 21 million in cap cleared for 2021/22. Snell and Lou both come off the books. I don't see Collins going anywhere and they are in a perfect position to keep him now.

Rondo has been a disappointment. I like this deal a lot and the 2nds just add to the war chest.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

I'm good with it.  Frees up Rondo's cap space so we'll have some additional money this offseason.  Maybe that'll allow them to do a more front loaded deal for Collins?

Collins caphold is still $10 million, that doesn't change with the Rondo release. instead on $112 million in guaranteed salaries plus Collins caphold we will have $104.5 million at the start of FAcy.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

By trading Rondo for Lou, the Hawks have 21 million in cap cleared for 2021/22. Snell and Lou both come off the books. I don't see Collins going anywhere and they are in a perfect position to keep him now.

Rondo has been a disappointment. I like this deal a lot and the 2nds just add to the war chest.

we've reduced our guaranteed salary by $7.5 million.

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

With the way the cap works, does this mean the Hawks could go out and sign a guy in FA for $21,000,000 per year AND THEN match an offer for JC, even a max offer?   Do they actually have $21M or is that before JC's cap hold?  

@thecampster

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

With the way the cap works, does this mean the Hawks could go out and sign a guy in FA for $21,000,000 per year AND THEN match an offer for JC, even a max offer?   Do they actually have $21M or is that before JC's cap hold?  

@thecampster

No. Instead of having $112 million in guaranteed contracts, we have $104.5 mill (this includes Collins' caphold in both instances)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1