• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Age. Age is absolutely huge. One is 24 and the other is 31. That makes a world of difference.

Lifestyle, personalities, how does he mesh. There is less risk for Simmons than Harden. Why? because if Harden doesn't work, you barely have trade options to do otherwise while you can always trade Simmons who has 5 years left on his deal. 

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

What?  Why would they do this?

Houston probably isn't trading Harden at all is my best guess. Considering how GS and LAC are both gone. PG been wanting to do an extension like JC since all of the trade rumors to show he's committed and doesn't want to leave. The thing is, I heard JC was more likely to get his sooner than PG, that's the shocking part. 

Edited by NBASupes

10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Let's get JC extended already.   Then we'll have no distractions.

I haven't gotten an update good or bad so I would assume they are still moving in that direction. The longer this takes, the better for the franchise. 

• Like 1

Pre-draft I took a smidge of heat for my calls not to trade up for Anthony Edwards and instead to only consider trading up if it was Wiseman. I was very clear that this draft was full of good players who are just going to take a very long time to be good NBA players.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/watch-no-1-overall-pick-182958162.html

Edwards debut - 

"Edwards totaled five points, four rebounds and one assist in 26 minutes of work off the bench in the 107-105 loss. He managed to shoot just 2-of-9 from the field, including 1-of-5 from 3-point range, while he committed five fouls and three turnovers."

Lamelo Ball debut - 0-5 for 0 pts, 10 reb, 4 assists, 4 TO in 16 minutes.

Wiseman - DNP

Now its only 1 game....lots of room to grow...but our priorities are different right now. I'm glad we resisted the urge to trade up.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Pre-draft I took a smidge of heat for my calls not to trade up for Anthony Edwards and instead to only consider trading up if it was Wiseman. I was very clear that this draft was full of good players who are just going to take a very long time to be good NBA players.

Edwards debut - 

"Edwards totaled five points, four rebounds and one assist in 26 minutes of work off the bench in the 107-105 loss. He managed to shoot just 2-of-9 from the field, including 1-of-5 from 3-point range, while he committed five fouls and three turnovers."

Wiseman - DNP

Now its only 1 game....lots of room to grow...but our priorities are different right now. I'm glad we resisted the urge to trade up.

It's just one game for raw prospects

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Edwards debut - 

Wiseman - DNP

Everyone knows I was down on all these guys so I'm buyin' what you're sellin'.  However, it's just one game.  I think we should check back in a couple months.

• Like 1

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Edwards debut - 

Wiseman - DNP

Wiseman still can't play?  What's going on with that?

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Everyone knows I was down on all these guys so I'm buyin' what you're sellin'.  However, it's just one game.  I think we should check back in a couple months.

More like a couple years -- imagine if people here only gave Cam a couple months...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

More like a couple years -- imagine if people here only gave Cam a couple months...

Shiiiiiiiiiii, the internet can't wait a couple years for us to throw shade at each other's opinions.  Let's give it 5 or 5 games then the gloves are off.  Deal? 🤠

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

After the start both Trae and Cam had, I would be wary of making snap judgements on these rookies too soon either way.  They haven't played in 11 months, they were drafted just 3 weeks ago...let than sink in. Patience required.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1