• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

• Premium Member
On 3/26/2021 at 4:11 PM, sturt said:

Here we go. (But probably not.)

LWR_Recording.png

Sounds like we definitely fit the criteria that Dieng and his agent had in-mind.

But, that even if Schlenk had pursued it, SA probably had an edge on us--mainly because they don't have a #6 1st rounder chomping at the bit who would be lurking behind him, and possibly spoil any potential good momentum he could otherwise achieve going into the 2021 FA market.

Just hate to see so much of the burden put on Capela, and for McM to not have much alternative but to run him for as long as there's rubber on the tread every night.

Schlenk's job is secure, but McM almost certainly is vulnerable at least until a play-in berth is secured. A healthy... and non-exhausted... Capela is vital to McM's interests (assuming he does want to stick around).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

So Supes or Camps, any new info on whether the hawks will look to waive Bruno in order to sign a available veteran Center/Forward?

It would be Goodwin and without Lou, they aren't going to make a move anytime soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 3/18/2021 at 11:37 AM, JeffS17 said:

How can everyone say this with such certainty?!?!?  I agree it's not the move we want to make but y'alls confidence this guy is going to keep getting hurt is unsettling to me

On 3/18/2021 at 11:41 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm certain it will be more likely than not, he will be injured again. 

On 3/18/2021 at 11:42 AM, AHF said:

I don't know whether he will get hurt or not.  I'm certain there is a very real risk of serious lost time but whether it materializes or not is a toss up.  He was healthy last year.  Been hurt a lot over the last 5 years in other seasons.  They key to me is not whether I am certain he is going to get hurt.  It is how certain am I that he won't.

I feel bad for him....particularly since it's non-contact. Hope it's nothing too serious.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I feel bad for him....particularly since it's non-contact. Hope it's nothing too serious.

Sports fandom aside, it hurts to see a guy like Victor have to go through all these injuries. The mental toll that it takes must be so draining. I'm hoping that the injury wasn't serious.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Some of this came this morning, most of this over the last couple of weeks.

Teams called for Lillard. Portland is not interested. 

Portland is open to making a trade including C.J. and a ton of assets to bring in another star. Willing to move young prospects as well. 

Everyone is on the market for Portland but RoCo and Dame. Everyone. They want to resign Powell. 

The big underground news is CP3, Kawhi, and Jimmy Butler have been talking about going to NY and playing for the Knicks. I was told this is unlikely this morning due to Miami unwillingness to trade Butler at least till Kawhi makes a decision first. Miami is not funding NY success. 

I was told Beal could put himself on the market this summer if Washington isn't willing to make major moves to add a 3rd guy. I am told Beal wants Otto Porter to come back home as well. They want to bring in a top end center. It don't matter who, they just want one.

Russ and Beal want more vets. They love Davis and Rui but they want more vets to add to the squad to win. They also love Gafford and Lopez. They want more wings. Beal wants to be in DC but he has to feel they want him in DC. I am told DC got some plans. 

NYK have big plans but I haven't gotten in specific yet

Lonzo Ball could end up with the LaVine treatment. CHI and NY like him but none love him for what he wants as a FA. He might end up assed out if he doesn't take what teams think is reasonable value. NO wants him back but only at a reasonable offer. 

A lot of bigs are available: Adams, Horford, Nurkic, Bryant, a lot lotta bigs outside of the young ones and for CHEAP. I am told CHA and WAS really want a big. 

Teams aren't super happy with the wings outside of Leonard. Teams do believe if Leonard leaves, PG13 could be available for picks. I was told LAC is open to trading anyone to add another PG to Kawhi and PG13. I was told LAC really wants Lowry to come to LAC and are willing to give up future picks for him in a SnT. Luke Kennard is a piece available for a SnT of a PG or trading for a PG. They also are targeting Chris Paul as is everybody. 

This one was odd and I don't buy it because it was mentioned that LAC could trade PG13 to Miami for Butler. Odd ass trade idea but he said it's one that's been bubbling and it's the value Miami would covet in a Butler trade. \

2018 NBA draft who stays, who goes

Cleveland will put Sexton on the trading block. Not sure how true this is? I was told his market will be massive if the cost is reasonable but the cost is rarely reasonable as these teams think so it's unlikely he will be moved. 

Bagley is still on the trading block but the cost is very high. I was told Orlando has interest and SAC has interest as well seeing they have value. 

Bamba is another one that's on the trading block but the cost is very high. 

Knox is available for cookies and cream ice cream. I wouldn't be shocked if Atlanta takes a flyer on him for Dunn if he opts in. NYK just wants someone to take him. 

Teams been calling for Kev but Atlanta haven't had interest. My guess is Kevin value will continue to sky rocket, if it does, I won't be shocked if Atlanta considers trading him in the draft if he wants what Atlanta considers too much. He's our 6th man so he does have a lot of value to us. 

Ayton, Luka, Trae, JJJ, WCJ, the Bridges, SGA, MPJ all highly likely to stay with current team. 

Orlando is in love with WCJ. Watch for him in 2021/22. 

Hawks news: What I've already said, Cam's summer is their #2 priority. #1 is JC's contract situation/extension. They have to make a decision on Goodwin and Bruno. They have to see how much they value Solo and I think they value him a lot. Will Lou stay or retire. I think he retires. No one is giving him more than the min. Lou likes money. He's probably leaving for good. He's happy with his career. GOAT 6th man. He wants to raise his kids. Atlanta hi-key knows this but Travis really wants to give him time to decide. They really like Lou.

• Thanks 4

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Knicks have $50 million in capspace.  CP3 want 3yr/$100 mil, Butler wants 4yrs/$180 mil, Kawhi will get a max.  Good luck to them.  Nix gonna Nix. 

:laugh1:

CP3 might as well be LeBron. Everyone wants him because everyone wants to play with him. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Teams been calling for Kev but Atlanta haven't had interest. My guess is Kevin value will continue to sky rocket, if it does, I won't be shocked if Atlanta considers trading him in the draft if he wants what Atlanta considers too much. He's our 6th man so he does have a lot of value to us.

I love him as our SuperSub (in the Manu lite role)  but as I mentioned earlier - he might want and can get a starting gig and more money elsewhere.   How high a draft pick can Kevin get us?

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hawks news: What I've already said, Cam's summer is their #2 priority. #1 is JC's contract situation/extension. They have to make a decision on Goodwin and Bruno. They have to see how much they value Solo and I think they value him a lot. Will Lou stay or retire. I think he retires. No one is giving him more than the min. Lou likes money. He's probably leaving for good. He's happy with his career. GOAT 6th man. He wants to raise his kids. Atlanta hi-key knows this but Travis really wants to give him time to decide. They really like Lou

Cool stuff.  Hopefully Cam has the right mindset.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2nique said:

Next team that gets Adams gets a gem 💎. He didn’t work out in Nawlins but won’t happen again, he’s a pro.

he really tailed off in Nawlins.  I wanted him before Capela...good thing I'm not a GM, lol

• Like 2

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

he really tailed off in Nawlins.  I wanted him before Capela...good thing I'm not a GM, lol

I remember you were the main culprit for him. He’s a baller. We lucked out with Capela but if we went back and had the choice AT THE TIME, I would have taken Adams over Capela.

MPs Nice avatar, everyone got a new look! :laugh:

• Like 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

What does he do well besides still being only 22 years

Position wise. Nothing. He's just a talented Basketball player with a great Basketball body and a two cent brain and no real define skill-set or position. His man defense is so-so but his team defense is trash. His back is pretty much terrible. Dunn healthy has more value but Dunn doesn't fit our system, I am not sure why Travis signed him. 

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2020/8/10/21361444/a-defense-of-kevin-knox-the-most-persecuted-player-of-the-nba-bubble-season

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Position wise. Nothing. He's just a talented Basketball player with a great Basketball body and a two cent brain and no real define skill-set or position. His man defense is so-so but his team defense is trash. His back is pretty much terrible. Dunn healthy has more value but Dunn doesn't fit our system, I am not sure why Travis signed him. 

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2020/8/10/21361444/a-defense-of-kevin-knox-the-most-persecuted-player-of-the-nba-bubble-season

Not even a ten cent brain?  Sounds like a pass for me.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I love him as our SuperSub (in the Manu lite role)  but as I mentioned earlier - he might want and can get a starting gig and more money elsewhere.   How high a draft pick can Kevin get us?

He's not getting us anything close to a top 5 pick but he could get us in the top 10. The Pelicans could have serious interest. 

That's another one I forgot, Eric Bledsoe is for trade, no one wants him but he's for trade.

• Thanks 1