2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing massive but some in the industry think talk and chatter, no one legit thinks Ben Simmons could be traded for C.J. McCollum and Robert Covington but Morey and Doc aren't interested in moving Ben. Chances of Ben being moved for less than a superstar is nil. 

There is a goofy rumor that Russell Westbrook could be traded to LAL for Kuz, KCP, and Harrell. The rumor is that Dennis is looking at NYK and they are seriously looking at him. That, I can confirm, can't confirm nothing else. If the Lakers make this trade, they will regret it. 

A big rumor out there is out there that there is a massive trade that would bring John Wall, Eric Gordon, and Danuel House to Dallas for KP, Powell, and Richardson. There is a bigger rumor that Maxi is being shopped for a center. The name I am hearing is Aron Baynes who sucks ass for Toronto. 

I am hearing they are going to have a completely different squad next year and canning Luka-ball for good for a system where Luka can share with another PG and he can play off the ball more. Interesting to see if Wall lands with Dallas. They tend to play in the center of the court a lot. I am not sure this is a good fit but KP and Luka is done. Ain't no coming back for those two. Luka better be much better off the ball because Wall ain't good off the ball. 

Personally, KP is still good but Luka and him are like oil and water and no one wants 3 years of KP who's body isn't what it was. They also want to resign Tim Hardaway. I still like Wall but he hit a wall once all of those trades went down. 

A lot of sad faces in league circles about Kawhi and Clippers having success. They was hoping he would be available. 

There is still hope that Beal will be available but it's going to be hard to get him. I am hearing the Warriors and Knicks want him badly. The Warriors know how much Washington covets Wiseman and others. I would feel for Wiggins. He would be moved to Washington if a trade is made. Klay/Green/Steph are SF lifers. 

Dedmon rubbed people the right way recently. I am hearing GS has some interest in him but they also want to bring back McGee as a backup. 

I asked if Bazemore would consider coming back to Atlanta and I heard there is an outside chance but most likely returning to the Warriors. 

Nothing on Kris Dunn status yet. Warriors will be looking to make a blockbuster deal if Beal is available. 

As of right now, Beal is NOT available. 

Expect some trades because there is a lot of new coaches. 

I was told Myles Turner could get traded if the price is right which it was last year but pump fake Ainge messed it up. 

No rumor on teams interested in JC yet but there likely will be soon. 

Rumors are the Raptors will be active as usual. 

Same for the Kings but not around their core which is only Hali and Fox. 

Hearing Bamba could be had but not for cheap. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

@NBASupes Beal is an unrestricted free agent I thought so he should be available to anyone that can pay for his services. Unless Beal is committed to going back to Washington which in my opinion would be an odd decision.

…..I’m going to say this next piece but hope to not get any backlash it’s simply just a thought and not necessarily a hope! 

Assuming I’m correct about Beal being an unrestricted free agent and I believe I am. It’s players like this where if I were Schlenk I would look into the possibility of adding Beal with Trae in the backcourt on a SnT deal. I’m not saying I don’t want Bogi here or that I’m trying to trade one of the young core players  but this was one of the reasons Schlenk traded for assets. NOT that Beal has any interest playing with Trae I’m just using Beal because of his losing situation in Washington so it’s easy to see him want to move on from outside looking in.

No matter who that star is this may be the off season the Hawks look more attractive to bigger names in free agency or disgruntled stars with one year left on their current contracts for once because of what the hawks  are doing in the playoffs and how much Trae is showing out. I believe as a GM you have to at least LOOK at the possibilities to acquire a big name even if it means you are going to lose some depth in the situation.

So again I’m not trying to get rid of what we have because what we have is extremely nice. I am however confident that we look extremely attractive to bigger names (I know that’s saying a lot considering no big time player looks at Atlanta)….But if Beal (or any other star) ever said I’m interest in playing in the backcourt with Trae this summer ….sorry if I’m Schlenk I’m looking at what I can trade and what I can keep in SnT to get that done.

Obviously for me my only only two players off limits is Trae, Hunter, Capela. I would also never include both Huerter and Bogi in any deal. BUT I would LOOK into what Collins + Bogi or Huerter maybe even include Reddish for the right player (not saying that’s Beal)

a Trae and Beal backcourt would be awesome offensively though. Beal once did play some decent defense. Teams would never be able to double Trae or Beal again.

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Beal isn't a free agent

Yep.  Under contract the next two years for over $34M and $37M respectively.  That last year he could opt out with a player option perhaps making this a one year deal.  That is a prime circumstance for a potential trade if Beal makes it know he won’t be back after next year.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AHF said:

If Dallas trades for Wall, that is the beginning of the end for Luka there.  That would be like intentionally trying to run him off.  And I’m someone who roots for Wall.

That's why everyone got fired in Dallas front office honestly. Lack of options to truly make a massive jump due to a complete lack of value assets.

Just to add, this was before the firings. Basically, Dallas is looking for a new President of Basketball operations and obviously a HC right now. They are cleaning house because Luka isn't happy. 

Edited by NBASupes

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

canning Luka-ball for good for a system where Luka can share with another PG and he can play off the ball more.

Oh boy. For this he may have to actually get in shape during the off-season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JTB said:

@NBASupes Beal is an unrestricted free agent I thought so he should be available to anyone that can pay for his services. Unless Beal is committed to going back to Washington which in my opinion would be an odd decision.

…..I’m going to say this next piece but hope to not get any backlash it’s simply just a thought and not necessarily a hope! 

Assuming I’m correct about Beal being an unrestricted free agent and I believe I am. It’s players like this where if I were Schlenk I would look into the possibility of adding Beal with Trae in the backcourt on a SnT deal. I’m not saying I don’t want Bogi here or that I’m trying to trade one of the young core players  but this was one of the reasons Schlenk traded for assets. NOT that Beal has any interest playing with Trae I’m just using Beal because of his losing situation in Washington so it’s easy to see him want to move on from outside looking in.

No matter who that star is this may be the off season the Hawks look more attractive to bigger names in free agency or disgruntled stars with one year left on their current contracts for once because of what the hawks  are doing in the playoffs and how much Trae is showing out. I believe as a GM you have to at least LOOK at the possibilities to acquire a big name even if it means you are going to lose some depth in the situation.

So again I’m not trying to get rid of what we have because what we have is extremely nice. I am however confident that we look extremely attractive to bigger names (I know that’s saying a lot considering no big time player looks at Atlanta)….But if Beal (or any other star) ever said I’m interest in playing in the backcourt with Trae this summer ….sorry if I’m Schlenk I’m looking at what I can trade and what I can keep in SnT to get that done.

Obviously for me my only only two players off limits is Trae, Hunter, Capela. I would also never include both Huerter and Bogi in any deal. BUT I would LOOK into what Collins + Bogi or Huerter maybe even include Reddish for the right player (not saying that’s Beal)

a Trae and Beal backcourt would be awesome offensively though. Beal once did play some decent defense. Teams would never be able to double Trae or Beal again.

Thinking out loud, Beal isn't a free agent and he's I know Golden State wants him bad. I know they want one more piece and Bradley brought a house in LA and wouldn't mind living on the west coast full time. That said, behind the scenes, the Knicks are selling that Beal and Randle can be superstars together and they would have the pieces to land a Beal if he wanted NY and it would be great for his marketing as a superstar in this league. Basically one team is selling winning and the other is selling a chance of winning with while being a potential superstar in a market that would appreciate him as a great player unlike Washington. 

The issue with players like Beal is if they want out in their final year or even 2nd year till their final year, they kinda control the market. A team like Atlanta can't trade knowing if this don't work it can backfire while a team like NY and GS if that's where he wants to go can. That said, I don't know if he doesn't want to go to Atlanta. I just haven't heard anything to make me believe he does. 

If a Beal trade happened. It would likely cost us Bogi, Hunter, and Okongwu who are both players they coveted in the draft process a lot and Bogi can be moved to contender for good value for Washington. Washington wasn't a fan of Reddish back then and they aren't right now. Reddish would likely stay. Our picks aren't that valuable. Golden State at least has potentially two lottery picks and Wiseman. It would cost us a lot.

That said, if Beal is available, it's a good move for Atlanta. Beal is still young enough but he has even more wore and tear on his body than Bogi. 

I guess it wouldn't be a bad deal at all. You gotta consider Beal with Trae could be a massive offensive coup but Bogi defends better. WAR wise, this is a coup for us. Beal gotta play defense again tho. When he does, he's a legit top 10 player. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Thinking out loud, Beal isn't a free agent and he's I know Golden State wants him bad. I know they want one more piece and Bradley brought a house in LA and wouldn't mind living on the west coast full time. That said, behind the scenes, the Knicks are selling that Beal and Randle can be superstars together and they would have the pieces to land a Beal if he wanted NY and it would be great for his marketing as a superstar in this league. Basically one team is selling winning and the other is selling a chance of winning with while being a potential superstar in a market that would appreciate him as a great player unlike Washington. 

The issue with players like Beal is if they want out in their final year or even 2nd year till their final year, they kinda control the market. A team like Atlanta can't trade knowing if this don't work it can backfire while a team like NY and GS if that's where he wants to go can. That said, I don't know if he doesn't want to go to Atlanta. I just haven't heard anything to make me believe he does. 

If a Beal trade happened. It would likely cost us Bogi, Hunter, and Okongwu who are both players they coveted in the draft process a lot and Bogi can be moved to contender for good value for Washington. Washington wasn't a fan of Reddish back then and they aren't right now. Reddish would likely stay. Our picks aren't that valuable. Golden State at least has potentially two lottery picks and Wiseman. It would cost us a lot.

That said, if Beal is available, it's a good move for Atlanta. Beal is still young enough but he has even more wore and tear on his body than Bogi. 

I guess it wouldn't be a bad deal at all. You gotta consider Beal with Trae could be a massive offensive coup but Bogi defends better. WAR wise, this is a coup for us. Beal gotta play defense again tho. When he does, he's a legit top 10 player. 

You are correct my bad Beal has 2 years left on his contract but since there’s a new thing Paul George kind of created in Indiana where disgruntled stars “control the market” like you said and can force a teams hand I wouldn’t be shocked to see Beal or KAT get traded to teams on their own personal list.

I will give Towns after next season to start forcing Minnys hand 

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Beal going to NYK would be NYK Melo 2.0.

• Like 1

@NBASupes and @everyone 

Spencer Dinwiddie opted out of his contract. He and Trae are good friends I believe. Any shot they bring him in for Lou Will? 

Thing is the backcourt and wing will be really crowded, but I think I like that idea. He has played some good ball.

2 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I just read Dinwiddie declined his player option and will be a FA.

I know it would be a long shot, but I'd love to somehow see him in the back court with Trae. 

@NBASupes & @thecampster Holler if you hear any whispers about his intentions. 

Great minds...lol

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JTB said:

You are correct my bad Beal has 2 years left on his contract but since there’s a new thing Paul George kind of created in Indiana where disgruntled stars “control the market” like you said and can force a teams hand I wouldn’t be shocked to see Beal or KAT get traded to teams on their own personal list.

I will give Towns after next season to start forcing Minnys hand 

Towns is happy in Minnesota. They actually feel they have the assets to get Myles Turner. This is old news, I thought I reported this last time or someone else like realgm.

Beal is likely out in my opinion if Russ agent is putting out feelers already. 

8 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Beal going to NYK would be NYK Melo 2.0.

You know the Knicks fans don't care, they just want to win and be relevant. They understand their odds this go around. That said, that org is trying. From what I am hearing everyone but Randle and R.J. can go as well as their willing to trade a sea of 1st rounders. The Warriors are willing to move everyone but their big 3. 

Maybe the Hawks could get in but I have serious doubt Atlanta will be willing to trade Hunter without assurances from Beal. Just speaking for myself. I haven't heard Atlanta in talks for anyone but resigning JC

9 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I just read Dinwiddie declined his player option and will be a FA.

I know it would be a long shot, but I'd love to somehow see him in the back court with Trae. 

@NBASupes & @thecampster Holler if you hear any whispers about his intentions. 

Dinwiddie is actually a player who wanted to come to Atlanta. This is a real option. Like seriously 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Dinwiddie is actually a player who wanted to come to Atlanta. This is a real option. Like seriously 

I believe it. He’s a very good fit for us, a big combo guard, that’s rare. He would fill in when Lou retired. Why are all the really good combo guards small btw. Lou, the rat, Jason Terry, like a bunch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I believe it. He’s a very good fit for us, a big combo guard, that’s rare. He would fill in when Lou retired. Why are all the really good combo guards small btw. Lou, the rat, Jason Terry, like a bunch.

There is a lot of teams looking for a PG like Boston. I just hope we can get him. 

• Like 2

Just now, NBASupes said:

There is a lot of teams looking for a PG like Boston. I just hope we can get him. 

I think we are open to a lot of vets looking to win in the off-season. Our trajectory and timeline has changed. We ring hunting and players around the league know it. With Trae, we are looking really good. 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don’t know who I like more, TJ or Dinwiddie.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Towns is happy in Minnesota. They actually feel they have the assets to get Myles Turner. This is old news, I thought I reported this last time or someone else like realgm.

Beal is likely out in my opinion if Russ agent is putting out feelers already. 

Wow that’s shocking . No I don’t remember you stating this in the last nbasupes thread but thanks .