• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

13 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Nah, we need floor spacers not lane cloggers, plus Derozen isn't a defender either.

Derozan has improved his playmaking and is great in the midrange. If he would come him for the mid-level you scoop him up and let him run back up point.  I don't see Deorzan taking a backup role though.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Derozan has improved his playmaking and is great in the midrange. If he would come him for the mid-level you scoop him up and let him run back up point.  I don't see Deorzan taking a backup role though.

Derozan provides value offensively, I won't argue that, but he can't hit threes and wouldn't provide a vast improvement over Gallo who is not as good overall offensively but is a much better fit since he is a dead eye three point shooter. Remember spreading the floor out as much as possible is the key for Trae to have the room to operate his PnR drives, and that's our best offensive option. With Derozen spacing is gone. Defensively Gallo can guard more positions and overall rates as a vastly superior defender to Derozan who was actually one of the worst rated defenders at his position last year

14 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Derozan provides value offensively, I won't argue that, but he can't hit threes and wouldn't provide a vast improvement over Gallo who is not as good overall offensively but is a much better fit since he is a dead eye three point shooter. Remember spreading the floor out as much as possible is the key for Trae to have the room to operate his PnR drives, and that's our best offensive option. With Derozen spacing is gone. Defensively Gallo can guard more positions and overall rates as a vastly superior defender to Derozan who was actually one of the worst rated defenders at his position last year

In my scenario, I was mentioning DeRozan taking a back up role which means you would pair him with Gallo.  If he would take the mid-level exception, which both scenarios are highly unlikely, DeRozan could play with Trae because he can still shoot 16 foot midrange with pretty great accuracy.  As a backup, he'd be better than anything we could hope for and has the ability to play along side Trae if need be.  He'd also have the spacing needed with the second unit with Huerter, Cam and Gallo. 

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
Just now, marco102 said:

In my scenario, I was mentioning DeRozan taking a back up role which means you would pair him with Gallo.  If he would take the mid-level exception, which both scenarios are highly unlikely.  DeRozan could play with Trae because he can still shoot 16 foot midrange with pretty great accuracy.  As a backup, he'd be better than anything we could hope for and has the ability to play along side Trae if need be.  

I don't see this happening though. 

Ah, I thought we were discussing replacing Gallo with Dero. Didn't notice Dero is a free agent until I checked just now, so not sure what the original poster is thinking for this swap... guess a SnT with San Antonio? Either way whatever Derozan market value is, it'll be a lot more expensive than anything we could afford at the moment for a bench piece. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Ah, I thought we were discussing replacing Gallo with Dero. Didn't notice Dero is a free agent until I checked just now, so not sure what the original poster is thinking for this swap... guess a SnT with San Antonio? Either way whatever Derozan market value is, it'll be a lot more expensive than anything we could afford at the moment for a bench piece. 

Agreed.  Like I said, if he'd take the mid-level exception AND a backup role. You run to sign that deal, but that isn't likely to happen and wishful thinking on my part.  

Marco 102

Bones is the guy I want for the Hawks. I love his game. I think he played the majority of his first year at point guard and year 2 at shooting guard. Great shooter and ball handler with good length for a point guard IMO.

• Like 1

Breaking News!

Damian Lillard, C.J. McCollum, Bradley Beal, RUSSELL WESTBROOK, Collin Sexton, Kevin Love, 2021 Draft, Smaller moves

Lillard did meet with  the Portland Trail Blazers, neil olshey and he did not request a trade. He did request they make moves to improve. From what I've heard recently is RoCo and Nurk is safe. C.J. is gone. If Jones opts in, they would like to package a protected 1st and him for a young player with real potential. Portland is serious about upgrading their talent level. They are also resigning Norm Powell as well. 

As for C.J., it seems like Sexton/Love for McCollum seems to be closer to a done deal. The issue is, Portland wants someone better than Sexton but that's just not available at this time considering C.J. contract. I mentioned this earlier. 

Bradley Beal has not request a trade nor will he request a trade is the information I just got. That said, he wants Washington to add another star which is not possible at this time. He also is not willing to do an extension is wants to go into FA where he has options but he stated to be leaning on resigning with Washington. 

Russell Westbrook has requested a trade to a contender. The only contender who has shown interest is the Lakers. From what I am told, Washington is impressed with the offer from LA where they even get a deep into the future 1st round pick. 

From what I was told, Washington is not shopping Beal unless he ask for a trade but the writing is on the wall, if they don't move him, they can lose him in 2022 for nothing. Right now, I would lean to saying Beal will be traded to Golden State on draft night especially since they have a deal in place with LA for Russ. Beal saying he wants to stay in Washington but not signing an extension kinda is KD's double talk he did with OKC and GS.  

I was told any Beal trade will be expensive and he's expected to extend if traded. 

Sexton has received trade interest but nothing including a lottery pick. 

Kevin Love has no trade interest as of right now. 

2021 draft

DET/HOU/CLE will take Cade/Green/Mobley

After that, could be unique

NY is trying to move up into the top 13

HOU is trying to move up as well but will likely stick.

LAL is not planning on trade their 1st in this draft. 

NO have been on the prowl for a young vet for 10th overall but the interest has been slim. They have targeted other teams high end potential prospects and haven't had any luck. 

Harrell and Kris Dunn who lost a lot of value are considering opting in for their contracts. 

THT is expected to resign with the Lakers. 

Spurs are showing interest to John Collins. Not sure at what cost but they are showing some interest. 

I mentioned in another thread about the 2nd wave and many guys are on the market but will likely NOT be moved on draft night. FA is when those guys are expected to be moved. 

The Kings really want to resign Richaun Holmes. 

There is talk that Steven Adams will be traded to the Hornets during this time period depending on what the Hornets can do in FA. 

Myles Turner will be moved, while some expected it to be during the draft, I think it will take place after the draft during FA. Indy willingness to take on money unlike NO for Adams is why Turner cost is a lot more than Adams. 

• Thanks 3

Sexton and Love for McCollum is not a good move to me.

McCollum is better now than Sexton is and maybe will ever be. It doesn't solve their issue with backcourt size next to Dame. Then you add the toxic Love contract and he hasn't shown that he can contribute at a high level anymore.

I get that McCollum is their best trade piece and makes the most sense because the fit with Dame has always been janky. But Sexton makes you smaller when they should be trying to find a playmaker with size to complement Dame who is a SG trapped in a PG's body. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Sexton and Love for McCollum is not a good move to me.

McCollum is better now than Sexton is and maybe will ever be. It doesn't solve their issue with backcourt size next to Dame. Then you add the toxic Love contract and he hasn't shown that he can contribute at a high level anymore.

I get that McCollum is their best trade piece and makes the most sense because the fit with Dame has always been janky. But Sexton makes you smaller when they should be trying to find a playmaker with size to complement Dame who is a SG trapped in a PG's body. 

Yea, I agree. Portland aint trading CJ for Sexton/Love. Not happening. 

Just now, bleachkit said:

Yea, I agree. Portland aint trading CJ for Sexton/Love. Not happening. 

Sexton is really underrated by people outside of Cleveland.  He's an efficient 24 point scorer. He needs to work on his playmaking, but he's a very good young player that's continued to improve each season.

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Sexton is really underrated by people outside of Cleveland.  He's an efficient 24 point scorer. He needs to work on his playmaking, but he's a very good young player that's continued to improve each season.

He maybe all that but his pairing with Dame as an upgrade to CJ - don't see it.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bradley Beal has not request a trade nor will he request a trade is the information I just got. That said, he wants Washington to add another star which is not possible at this time. He also is not willing to do an extension is wants to go into FA where he has options but he stated to be leaning on resigning with Washington. 

Maybe, maybe not.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He maybe all that but his pairing with Dame as an upgrade to CJ - don't see it.

I don't really either, but it depends on how they value a young improving player. Maybe they see some trade value there if he's on a winning team putting up those numbers? 

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Russell Westbrook has requested a trade to a contender. The only contender who has shown interest is the Lakers. From what I am told, Washington is impressed with the offer from LA where they even get a deep into the future 1st round pick. 

Dennis (SnT), Kuzma, Horter-Tucker and a future 1st?

26 minutes ago, marco102 said:

But taking on Love's contract? 2 years/60 million left. No way. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

But taking on Love's contract? 2 years/60 million left. No way. 

Agreed. I was just commenting on Sexton.  He's actually a really good young player.  The Portland deal doesn't make much sense. but he'd probably be a good fit on another team looking for a young scoring guard. I can't think of that team off the top of my head..lol

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Agreed. I was just commenting on Sexton.  He's actually a really good young player.  The Portland deal doesn't make much sense. but he'd probably be a good fit on another team looking for a young scoring guard. I can't think of that team off the top of my head..lol

I'll take him to fill the LouWill role but he's looking for a max contract 😄

• Haha 1