• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

@capstone21, @AHF, and @mrhonline should open it back up. I need to do a fact check on the items as I promised @bleachkit I would. 

They wouldn't have been able to have the offseason they had with that trade. As you seen with John Wall, putting out the player's name is bad business for the player's mentioned especially if they are not OPENLY available. 

It's hard to answer that question. There is still some pending items for the Hawks right now, long term. With this trade, not so much. We would know what we up be for the next 3-4 years. 

I am extremely optimistic so I think we could be a top tier regular season EC team but realistically. It makes sense to see Atlanta as a top 7 lock. I am less worried about chemistry as fit is far more important in the NBA. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
58 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

@capstone21, @AHF, and @mrhonline should open it back up. I need to do a fact check on the items as I promised @bleachkit I would. 

They wouldn't have been able to have the offseason they had with that trade. As you seen with John Wall, putting out the player's name is bad business for the player's mentioned especially if they are not OPENLY available. 

It's hard to answer that question. There is still some pending items for the Hawks right now, long term. With this trade, not so much. We would know what we up be for the next 3-4 years. 

I am extremely optimistic so I think we could be a top tier regular season EC team but realistically. It makes sense to see Atlanta as a top 7 lock. I am less worried about chemistry as fit is far more important in the NBA. 

It actually has been unlocked 

• Like 1

STOP IT !  Seems that, last season, the Hawks couldn't.  Things had to get better.

Defense?  Hawks defense is expected to be much improved.  Hawks offense is expected to be improved.

Someone has said that Atlanta has not finished building this season's team.  That there may be another deal out there that the Hawks will be a part of.  Rumor has it that some NBA teams have not completed their roster, having open spots to fill.

Supes, have you heard any rumors?  Is there any smoke coming out of the Hawk camp?  So much has now happened so fast, can we really expect anything else to happen??

:play_truck:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Snell's base salary is $12.178 million.  Any trade to lower someone else's tax or get them out of the LT altogether would be for a player making 17.2 million or less but more than Snell.

There is no person on the Bucks who fits this criteria. 

DeJounte Murray or Rudy Gay on the Spurs would fit.

Only Marcus Morris' salary or Patrick Beverly would do anything for the Clippers and it ain't much.

Eric Gordon is the only possible LT reducing salary on the Rockets.

Nothing possible with Philly for that salary.

LeVert on the Nets.

nothing on GS.

Don't shoot the messenger. All I was told was teams have inquired about using Snell to drop their LT penalty or get out of the LT altogether. Those are your only candidates unless its a different player from us.

Obviously Murray and Levert would be the most intriguing options, but I don't see how their presence doesn't hurt Huerter, Hunter, and Cam's development after the Bogi, Gallo, and Dunn additions. I'd rather let those guys get the run and continue their development, In this case, Rudy makes the most sense as a vet back-up 3/4 and his $14m expiring gives us a little more 2021 space.

• Like 1

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

There is no rumors other than they are getting close to an agreement with JC on an ext. I am hearing it's suppose to be reasonable for both parties. I wish I knew the terms. He couldn't get them and that's normal. 

Something describable as "reasonable for both parties" sounds great to me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Alright @NBASupes and @thecampster, I appreciate all the good sourcing, but let's get to the  GOSSIP.  Do you guys have any insight you can share on this?  

https://theathletic.com/2222210/?source=twitterhq 

Kawhi, chemistry and a failed Clippers title run: Inside the issue that defines 2021

“How do you ever build a strong team with that shit going on?” one team source said. “I thought from the beginning, ‘We’re doomed. Kawhi wants too much special treatment.’”

• Haha 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

There is no rumors other than they are getting close to an agreement with JC on an ext. I am hearing it's suppose to be reasonable for both parties. I wish I knew the terms. He couldn't get them and that's normal. 

This is great news.   

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I was just reading this stuff.  I expect stars to get preferential treatment but this is crazy and it went overboard, but these especially:

• Leonard and George had power over the team’s practice and travel schedule, leading teammates to believe Leonard canceled multiple practices.

• Leonard was allowed to live in San Diego and commute from there, which often made him late for team flights.

Not only did they sit out games entirely, but also at times they accepted or declined playing time in the moment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I was just reading this stuff.  I expect stars to get preferential treatment but this is crazy and it went overboard, but these especially:

• Leonard and George had power over the team’s practice and travel schedule, leading teammates to believe Leonard canceled multiple practices.

• Leonard was allowed to live in San Diego and commute from there, which often made him late for team flights.

Not only did they sit out games entirely, but also at times they accepted or declined playing time in the moment.

I believe it.   You could tell that team had zero chemistry.   I've got no faith they will contend this year.

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

As people read through the utter disaster the Clippers' lockerroom was, keep in mind Doc Rivers' supposed strong suit as a coach.  Because his strong suit sure ain't x's and o's.

Can't see T Lue doing much better though.  

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

As bad as it sounds, they got things straighten out before the draft. Still shocked Trez walked.