2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

On 7/29/2021 at 6:18 PM, NBASupes said:

BLOCKBUSTER NEWS

Let's start on the Hawks

The Hawks are in deep talks with the Hornets with a trade for 11th overall for Kevin Huerter/20. Cam Reddish was not mentioned for trades today. That's not to say he not in negotiations but he's not in these.

The player Atlanta is targeting: Alperen Şengün 

Charlotte is deep in a three team deal that will have Terry Rozier going to IND for Myles Turner and T.J. Warren going to HOU for Gordon and one of 23 or 24. I am hearing that HOU wants to keep one of the picks but IND is faking the funk on other offers out there using the media to their asset. 

NY is really trying to move up but teams want a young player like Quickley with one of the picks which has turned NY off. They are likely to stick at 19/21. 

Atlanta is NOT in TALKS with IND for ANYONE. 

I am being told, Kevin is not on the market nor is Cam or anyone outside of Dunn/Bruno. That said, Kevin could be moved. 

He repeated the same thing to me again, Cam is not on the market unless it's a no brainer which we would all know. 

It seems like Atlanta likes Alperen Şengün a lot. 

My guy has stated that Malik Beasley has been made available to Atlanta for Gallo. This could happen tonight. 

Utah/ATL been working on a Kris Dunn trade. This could go down tonight but it could happen after the draft. They have also talked about Joe Ingles and Bojan B. No word on Favors. 

Look at what you said back during the draft. Not a single bit of it came true...

31 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Look at what you said back during the draft. Not a single bit of it came true...

You are not understanding this.  Supes isn't talking about what WILL happen, but what teams are discussing. 

I can discuss with you about becoming a millionaire which is a fact, but it doesn't mean I will become a millionaire.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Mikey said:

All of this did happen. In fact, Cam is still a Hawk. The Hawks tried to move up. Dunn was traded after the draft but they wanted to move him during it. Just because most of these deals dont get done doesn't mean they weren't in the works. 

The only thing wrong which I found out later was Cam was on the market. For multiple teams in the lottery 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

Let me try to bring this back to what this thread is supposed to be @NBASupes I know you are not the biggest fan of shipping out Cam, so I guess I will ask, and you have probably elaborated on this before, I am just too lazy to go back and look 😆. Who would you be ok with Atlanta getting back from these rumors if we had to trade Reddish ? 

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, HawksNWaffles said:

Let me try to bring this back to what this thread is supposed to be @NBASupes I know you are not the biggest fan of shipping out Cam, so I guess I will ask, and you have probably elaborated on this before, I am just too lazy to go back and look 😆. Who would you be ok with Atlanta getting back from these rumors if we had to trade Reddish ? 

I think the discussion is about Cam, a protected 1st and salary filler for a 'Star/#2 option' player.  

Not for a draft pick (which is what the discussion was at draft time a year ago) or a player that marginally better than Cam.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2021 at 9:31 AM, NBASupes said:

Hawks talk, Draft trades that almost happened or didn't, Cam Reddish, Ben Simmons, Damian Lillard, Bradley Beal, and what big move could be on the horizon. 

As far as the draft, we will start there. A lot of offers were made. I'll talk about the ones that was most serious. 

Toronto tired to move down with OKC and wanting a ton of future draft assets, OKC was declined. 

OKC did try to move up into the top 3 but didn't have the capital any of the teams were looking at to move down. 

Golden State and Atlanta was extremely close to a Cam Reddish/20 for #7 trade. Steph requested them to seriously look into Cam Reddish. GSW was close to pulling the trigger but financial reasons is why they didn't pull the deal at the end. Atlanta was targeting Jon Kuminga who was going to replace Cam Reddish. 

Which goes into Cam Reddish. Atlanta offered Cam Reddish to two teams and only two teams. GS for Kuminga and PHI for Ben Simmons. He was told the offer was Reddish/Gallo for Simmons with no draft assets involved. I was told this deal was considered not good enough from PHI or even close. I'll explain more about PHI later when covering Simmons. Atlanta also received two serious offers for Reddish from Cleveland and Detroit. Atlanta wanted a top 4 protected 2022 draft. They see that as a strong class for extremely talented wings. Both teams offer was top 10 with protections that could turn into two 2nds and Cleveland wanted to maintain the top 10 status which didn't interest Atlanta at all. As of right now, none of the Hawks are on the market. This was before the draft. I hate that it takes so long to find out the truth but it is what it is. 

Atlanta tried to move up to #9 with Sacramento to take Josh Primo but their offer which was 20/OKC 1st 2022/protected 1st 2022 was declined. Atlanta had the same offer out there for Charlotte who accepted it only if their guy was off the board which he wasn't so the deal fell through. Atlanta also tried to move up to #16 for Sengun with 20/OKC 1st back to OKC but was out bidded by HOU who traded two future lotto protected 1sts.

Sacramento had an offer #9/Barnes/Haliburton available for Ben Simmons which was declined by PHI. SAC was the most aggressive on the Ben Simmons front. 

Charlotte was extremely aggressive trying to move down if their guy wasn't available but he was so they didn't. 

Indy had some offers for #13 but not the quality they were putting falsely out there. Atlanta never offered them Cam Reddish. While GS offered to do a pick swap of #14/Poole, it was never much more than that. It was minor to say the least. They never offered multiple 1sts. 

OKC had several offers for #16(Sengun) but HOU met their demands. 

The Knicks tried to move up with Charlotte and SAC but as Atlanta experienced, the cost was way too high with SAC and Charlotte was tough because they wanted assets galore and Bouknight slid. This turned the Knicks into sellers as they felt the meat of the draft was in the late 1st and early 2nd round. 

That's it on the draft. I did find out why Coop felt. This was an extremely deep PG class and many felt he was too raw and he might be too much of a risk. That said, many felt this PG class in general was extremely deep. Coop was hurt by not playing in the Combine game is what he was told. The combine game had a lot of impact on evaluators more than every before. 

Ben Simmons 

Simmons was aggressively pursued by SAC, MIN, CLE, TOR, ATL, POR, and LAL before they landed Westbrook. His market seems to be dying. Simmons wants out. All of this market talk is BS, he's open to going to Cleveland. Yes, Cleveland. PHI sees his value as Harden and everyone sees his value was top 50 player moreso in the range of what Porzingis pulled when traded from NY to DAL. 

SAC still has an offer out there which is now Hali/Barnes/2022 1st lightly protected for Simmons. SAC sees him as a versatile SF who has obvious flaws but they think he can get them into the playoffs. 

MIN had the most asset rich offer, he did not know if MIN is still in the Simmons market. They offered Rubio/Culver/a pick swap and multiple lightly protected 1sts for Simmons. This was what teams felt was by far the best offer for Simmons. PHI passed and said they need a centerpiece like KAT or Edwards and the addition of Russell instead of expirings. MIN quickly declined the altered package. MIN saw Simmons as a PF that would be a nice fit next to KAT and a part of their Russell/Edwards/KAT core. 

CLE offered a quickly declined package but teams thought it was fair. They offered Nance, Prince, and Sexton with a lightly protected 2022 1st for Simmons. The ability to get two good players like Nance and Sexton as well as a lightly protected 1st was highly valued people around my guy said but PHI declined and said they needed #3 overall for starters. The conversation was short. From what I hear, Cleveland is still highly interested in Simmons but the price they are willing to pay hasn't changed. They want PHI to meet them where they are at, not the other way around. They see him as a SF as SAC does. They really want a bigger wing but the cost is extremely high in their opinion. 

TOR had the most hilarious offer. FVV/OG/2022 protected 1st for Simmons. They see Simmons as fine in his current role as a PG. They are fine with him the way he is. PHI declined but one can't help but laugh at a Simmons/Trent Jr/Barnes/Siakam/Borcher lineup. BK has been revived! 

ATL offered Cam/Gallo for Simmons. Quickly declined. PHI wanted both Cam and Hunter as well as Okongwu and a pick which was more quickly declined. ATL sees Simmons as a Lamar Odom for the Lakers. An super generational 6th man who can play anywhere needed but they do not see him as a starter is what he was told. I did think about it and it made sense. No one currently is on the market right now from Atlanta. They are riding with the current squad.  

POR wanted Simmons for anyone on their roster not named Lillard or RoCo. Everyone else and their assets are fair game. Obviously, that was not appealing. PHI wanted to talk only about Lillard which POR had no interest in moving unless they can get Embiid. These two are miles apart. Don't think if Lillard asked out that PHI has a chance because they don't. They are rubbing each other the wrong way. POR is still interested in Simmons but NOT for Lillard. 

LA called and offered but it was quickly declined before the Russ deal was done and they offered if they would care for Dennis but PHI didn't. 

The teams most interested in Simmons are non-playoff teams. The playoffs teams didn't want him outside of Atlanta who wants to use him as a 6th man. The non-playoff teams wanted him but they don't have what PHI wants. I was told, PHI is overplaying their hand and will end up with less than what NY got for KP when it's all said and done. 

Dame Lillard

He still wants to see changes but their really isn't much other there for what they have to offer. Dame is hoping they can eventually get a 2nd star but knows that's easier said than done. From what I was told, he's not going to ask out since POR FO is extremely transparent with him. Lillard has a lot of suitors. NY, NO, GS, DEN, and MIN are all interested and willing to pay a massive pay to get him. As I said with PHI, these two don't see each other as a trade fit. POR would love Simmons with their current core but PHI hates their pieces outside of Lillard and POR doesn't see Simmons being a centerpiece for Lillard AT ALL. It's unlikely Lillard is leaving POR is the latest he received.  

Bradley Beal

While he would like them to make one more move, he was happy with the moves they made over the summer and is highly liking to resign for the supermax. 

The biggest move that I am hearing about that could happen is Ben Simmons to Cleveland, Minnesota, or Sacramento during the preseason or early part of the season. That's what Ben's team is working on and PHI knows time in not in the favor. The longer they don't see Lillard asking out, the less assumed leverage they have. Everyone thinks Simmons will be moved sooner than later as Simmons is done with PHI. 

This thread seems mighty targeted. I have no choice but to defend in this case. 

Primo confirmed by Woj since I am full of it

On 7/24/2021 at 12:16 PM, NBASupes said:

Breaking News!

Damian Lillard, C.J. McCollum, Bradley Beal, RUSSELL WESTBROOK, Collin Sexton, Kevin Love, 2021 Draft, Smaller moves

Lillard did meet with  the Portland Trail Blazers, neil olshey and he did not request a trade. He did request they make moves to improve. From what I've heard recently is RoCo and Nurk is safe. C.J. is gone. If Jones opts in, they would like to package a protected 1st and him for a young player with real potential. Portland is serious about upgrading their talent level. They are also resigning Norm Powell as well. 

As for C.J., it seems like Sexton/Love for McCollum seems to be closer to a done deal. The issue is, Portland wants someone better than Sexton but that's just not available at this time considering C.J. contract. I mentioned this earlier. 

Bradley Beal has not request a trade nor will he request a trade is the information I just got. That said, he wants Washington to add another star which is not possible at this time. He also is not willing to do an extension is wants to go into FA where he has options but he stated to be leaning on resigning with Washington. 

Russell Westbrook has requested a trade to a contender. The only contender who has shown interest is the Lakers. From what I am told, Washington is impressed with the offer from LA where they even get a deep into the future 1st round pick. 

From what I was told, Washington is not shopping Beal unless he ask for a trade but the writing is on the wall, if they don't move him, they can lose him in 2022 for nothing. Right now, I would lean to saying Beal will be traded to Golden State on draft night especially since they have a deal in place with LA for Russ. Beal saying he wants to stay in Washington but not signing an extension kinda is KD's double talk he did with OKC and GS.  

I was told any Beal trade will be expensive and he's expected to extend if traded. 

Sexton has received trade interest but nothing including a lottery pick. 

Kevin Love has no trade interest as of right now. 

2021 draft

DET/HOU/CLE will take Cade/Green/Mobley

After that, could be unique

NY is trying to move up into the top 13

HOU is trying to move up as well but will likely stick.

LAL is not planning on trade their 1st in this draft. 

NO have been on the prowl for a young vet for 10th overall but the interest has been slim. They have targeted other teams high end potential prospects and haven't had any luck. 

Harrell and Kris Dunn who lost a lot of value are considering opting in for their contracts. 

THT is expected to resign with the Lakers. 

Spurs are showing interest to John Collins. Not sure at what cost but they are showing some interest. 

I mentioned in another thread about the 2nd wave and many guys are on the market but will likely NOT be moved on draft night. FA is when those guys are expected to be moved. 

The Kings really want to resign Richaun Holmes. 

There is talk that Steven Adams will be traded to the Hornets during this time period depending on what the Hornets can do in FA. 

Myles Turner will be moved, while some expected it to be during the draft, I think it will take place after the draft during FA. Indy willingness to take on money unlike NO for Adams is why Turner cost is a lot more than Adams. 

My Source delivered even if for Reddish, he didnt and you really can't blame him. Reddish was offered for impact players, you can't get mad it didnt happen and say everyone is rubbish for it @mrhonline

Look at the date. At this time, none of this was going on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2