• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

As people read through the utter disaster the Clippers' lockerroom was, keep in mind Doc Rivers' supposed strong suit as a coach.  Because his strong suit sure ain't x's and o's.

I think this screams ownership as well.

• Premium Member

LOL....PG13.

“How do you ever build a strong team with that [expletive] going on?” one team source said. “I thought from the beginning, ‘We’re doomed. Kawhi wants too much special treatment.’”

According to multiple sources, the Clippers have Leonard and George perks to the level to compromise the standard of culture they had built over the previous two seasons.

While many of the Clippers had a level of acceptance for Leonard's preferential treatment as a two-time Finals MVP, sources say the benefits George received was more of an issue. There was a sentiment among certain teammates of, “What have you accomplished in the playoffs?” multiple league sources said.

Leonard and George didn't bond with their teammates, which could have helped the situation. Leonard oftentimes was hanging out with close friend and Clippers assistant coach Jeremy Castleberry. George mostly stuck with Reggie Jackson and Patrick Patterson. 

The Clippers hired Tyronn Lue, at least in part, due to his ability to hold star players accountable. Sources say Lue will look to push Leonard and George to forgo certain requests or standards to set an example for their teammates. 

Try as you might Lue.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

As bad as it sounds, they got things straighten out before the draft. Still shocked Trez walked.

After that train wreck, I'm a bit in the box of they have to prove it.  Especially after Trez walked.  Seems like everything might not yet be straightened out.  

Kawhi is a great player but has been a bit of a head case since he departed SA.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, AHF said:

After that train wreck, I'm a bit in the box of they have to prove it.  Especially after Trez walked.  Seems like everything might not yet be straightened out.  

Kawhi is a great player but has been a bit of a head case since he departed SA.

At least my guy said they were saying the right things behind the scenes. 

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Can't see T Lue doing much better though.  

Agreed.  Lebron casts a long shadow and a lotta dudes have gotten shine off of it (shine off a shadow?).  David Griffin and T Lue will be the latest to be exposed when left to fend for themselves.  JMHO

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

As bad as it sounds, they got things straighten out before the draft. Still shocked Trez walked.

Did they?  Seems him walking for cheap is a sign they actually didn't get it together.  For the record, I always thought Trez talked too dang much for not being that great a player in the first place.  I figured he was part of their problem in addition to the divas.

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

At least my guy said they were saying the right things behind the scenes. 

They may well be but that is easy before the season actually starts.  I'm sure they were saying all the right things before last season too and that stuff started chaffing.  Is Kawhi going to show up on time this year or is are people going to start looking up on each other and rolling their eyes the first time he shows up late?  Will Kawhi decide to f it with practice if he wasn't showing up to them last year and is hurting or hung over or whatever?  

Gotta stress test this stuff.

26 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

for the 6th man of the year he was barely used in the playoffs.  Granted he wasn't that effective but  I wonder if that's why he walked. 

Because he was trash and a poor defensive player.

That said, I don't think we should overreact to the bubble good or bad.  I thought he was trash and a poor defensive player before the bubble so my opinion remains unchanged.

"Trash" is strong.  Let's say I thought he was a limited player.  There, that feels nicer to say.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Because he was trash and a poor defensive player.

That said, I don't think we should overreact to the bubble good or bad.  I thought he was trash and a poor defensive player before the bubble so my opinion remains unchanged.

"Trash" is strong.  Let's say I thought he was a limited player.  There, that feels nicer to say.

Let me repeat:  energy big off the bench! 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Paul George on his struggles in Doc Rivers' system: "Doc was trying to play me as a Ray Allen or a JJ Redick, all pin-downs. I can do it, but that ain't my game. I need some flow, I need some mixes of some pick-and-roll, and post ups...That last season was hard."

Anything that humans build, they must first have the proper materials.  In building anything that we expect to last, first you must have a solid foundation.  In the bible we read about building on sand for a foundation and having a foundation of solid rock.

My question becomes:  Does Atlanta have a solid foundation for a great NBA team?  The Hawks have been down for a while.  Recently, they were picked #10 in the east.  That's a ways from the bottom but, am I expecting too much?  I am hoping that we make the playoffs and have home court, which requires #4 or better.  Heck of a distant from #10.

So many young players.  So many apparently good older players.  The very best health and fitness building and people in the NBA.  Home court, rebuilt, refurbished and shiny new.  And, finally, new ownership that wants to win.  They know about the NBA and presently has no infighting.  We've been there, done that.

Can we?  Is it possible?  Hawks haven't soared in a while.  They fly, beginning this month.  How high?

I'm a homer.  I want to believe.  Please, Atlanta, get er done !!

:sun:

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 2:39 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Let me repeat:  energy big off the bench! 

I don’t see anything wrong with that even if that is all some fans see. Let’s face it the hustle, grit, and grind really pays off for him with that style. To me he’s a threat because he’s going to bring it every game

• Like 1