• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JTB said:

I got a good question without starting up a new thread ....do we have possibly the best bench in the East?

thoughts??

I would say we have the deepest bench for sure.  I would have to do a close look to see if it is the best.

• Like 3

hace 36 minutos, Jdawgflow dijo:

I would say we have the deepest bench for sure.  I would have to do a close look to see if it is the best.

Is definately a good bench, one of the best. Bkn and Miami have also very good 2nd units.

Gallinari might make a run for best 6th player, Rondo, Hunter and Huerter are solid, backup center is a questionmark

• Like 1

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Is definately a good bench, one of the best. Bkn and Miami have also very good 2nd units.

Gallinari might make a run for best 6th player, Rondo, Hunter and Huerter are solid, backup center is a questionmark

I agree that Gallinari has an excellent chance to be in 6MOY convo.  I think we will play small more to start the season with JC playing a fair bit of backup 5.

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Its beyond difficult due to his fit and lifestyle choices. 

Only 6 teams are on his list for trades

His favorite team where he wants to go: Los Angeles Clippers

His 2nd favorite: Philadelphia 

3rd: Golden State 

4th: Boston

5th and 6th are teams who haven't or can't make an offer: Brooklyn and the Lakers.

Houston is unwilling to work with LAC.

Philly is unwilling to trade Joel and Ben

Golden State is unwilling to trade the big 3 and Wiseman.

James only wants to play in Boston if Jaylen and Jayson are there. Kemba can scram but there is no real trade interest in Kemba around the league.

Brooklyn doesn't have interest which was the opposite of what I heard in the past but he doubled down on it when we talked this morning.

Lakers haven't even called for Harden, lol. They are basically a name just to show. 

Obviously a random team can make an offer but what's stopping James from doing them like Houston? Nothing. 

Golden State has the best offer but it's not as good as it was going to be during the draft. Like not even half as good. Houston f***ed that one up thinking we deserve the moon for Harden. Now they aren't going to get the stars either. 

Harris and Walker are not positive values. 

Wiggins is a negative value.

Houston refuses to work with the Clippers. 

Update: 

He did get back to HOU side on this finally: 

HOU still wants 1.50/a dollar. That doesn't mean they will get it but it's what they want. 

They want a foundational YOUNG and CONTROLLABLE piece, they want a lot of future unprotected 1sts, and they want a lot of quality young players. 

HOU side confirmed the offers haven't been what they want but they are confident that teams who are trying to win and aren't on the list will make a strong offer to force the teams on the list to do it as well. As of right now, the ball just started rolling so we will see what the true market is as they said that hasn't be purely established yet. 

HOU is saying they are getting calls from everyone for Harden and that he's highly wanted. 

His guy within is saying that they think they can get a very good deal. He said, the Jrue Holiday deal is extremely hard to get as Harden just has a lot more winning value so anyone who gets Harden will be so much better that there is no risk for that team. Giannis could walk so that NO deal looks amazing for them but "if we trade Harden, Giannis will easily stay and that's a bad deal for us". So future 1sts are valuable but key young players are more valuable if they have trade interest and can get better. 

He said HOU is willing to send Harden anywhere if it comes down to it but would love for him to stay and be a part of the 2020-21 Rockets ideally speaking and that's the goal. Not for a trade. He didn't have negative to say about James or his agent (mother). They understand what he's done for the franchise and respect them dearly. They want this to get back on board. 

The only specifics I got was that HOU is willing to negotiate with LAC but they will have to be a 3rd team that will deliver what HOU wants for Harden. That would be extremely difficult as that 3rd team will only offer for that player coming to them, not Harden. LAC doesn't have it's own picks till 2027. All of LA's assets are here now, not in 2021. They would have to strike sooner than later. 

They would prefer not to move him but if they have to, they are open to trading him anywhere. The issue is, James is specific. He wants to win a title. If your trade hurts that and you aren't one of the teams, man, you might not want to do it. DeRozan while productive has never been a major winning player but if you trade one for Harden and you can't make a big offer. You will lose Harden and suffer the same faith. 

Remember, even for a rental, their goals are the same: They want a foundational YOUNG and CONTROLLABLE piece, they want a lot of future unprotected 1sts, and they want a lot of quality young players. 

Harden could get traded by the end of the weekend or he might finish the year as a Rocket, I wouldn't be shocked either way.

As for the Hawks, he didn't hear we had interest. Also, Eric Gordon is on the market and has been since the draft. No suitors. 

• Thanks 1

Supes:

Just your personal opinion.  The western division of the NBA has, for several years, been known as the better half of the NBA.  With all that has gone on before this season begins, are they still considered superior?  I know that The King and his court are favored to win it all.  But, about the other teams?

I know.  Every off season, without exception, we hear, "All the eastern teams, except Atlanta, have improved since last season."  Strange, we haven't hear that this fall.

So, my question:  Has the east improved enough to be on par with the west?

:Bob:

44 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Supes:

Just your personal opinion.  The western division of the NBA has, for several years, been known as the better half of the NBA.  With all that has gone on before this season begins, are they still considered superior?  I know that The King and his court are favored to win it all.  But, about the other teams?

I know.  Every off season, without exception, we hear, "All the eastern teams, except Atlanta, have improved since last season."  Strange, we haven't hear that this fall.

So, my question:  Has the east improved enough to be on par with the west?

:Bob:

No, the west have better teams, more stars, and competition is tough, top to bottom. 

The east has made progress, especially the playoff level teams but not enough to close the gap

• Thanks 1

Update: 

I know you guys saw Shams C. piece about Harden but that's not even what going on behind the scenes. 

Miami is all in for Giannis. They haven't made an offer for James and they will only be willing to make an offer if Butler/Herro/Bam are off the table

Milwaukee doesn't have anything HOU wants outside of Giannis. 

Brooklyn STILL has not made an offer and won't till HOU lowers their demands

Simmons still isn't available and from what I was told, won't be available. 

GS has pulled out but don't be surprised if they are in a deal if HOU trades him. 

All signs continue to point to where HOU isn't interested in, Los Angeles Clippers. LAC is the only desperate team out there. They just ultimately lack the pieces a rebuilding team needs. The market for PG13 is a lot smaller than it was during the draft(No ATL for example) but he still has value on the open market for multiple assets. 

Houston can be mad about it but ultimately, James choose the WORST time to do this. 

And what's also going around was James didn't want to play with John as much as he wanted to get Russ out of HOU. He knew WAS had interest in Russ and both were ready to sit out TC. This was ultimately to lower the asking price of the Rockets to WAS. It was stated that HOU wanted one unprotected 1st for Russ from WAS or Rui. There is a lot of bad blood between Tillman-Harden due to political views and how James sees Tillman treat others that aren't preferred like he is. My guy gave you HOU perspective. They aren't going to bend but everyone around the league knows they have little to no options considering James reputation in the NBA among front offices.

He's worth a lot more to us than them. LAC is the team with the biggest interest but HOU hasn't been receptive as of late. They were focused on Boston and Philly. Boston has recently pulled out like GS did so we all know their card and it's Philly. Philly hasn't made Simmons available and don't seem to have the interest to do so. Based on what I got, if Simmons was available, even without a pick, HOU would do it considering the market for James right now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, macdaddy said:

This is crazy.  I'm just not sure in what world you don't trade Simmons for Harden straight up if that's on the table.   Unless Harden's personal stuff is just much worse than i thought.  

Philly feels Simmons is a young star who will be a superstar. He's still developing. Morey envisions a big 3. If Brand was still the main decision maker, Simmons would be a HOU with a bunch of other things but this is why Morey gets the big bucks. He's one of the best in the NBA. 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Philly feels Simmons is a young star who will be a superstar. He's still developing. Morey envisions a big 3. If Brand was still the main decision maker, Simmons would be a HOU with a bunch of other things but this is why Morey gets the big bucks. He's one of the best in the NBA. 

I like Simmons but we're 3 years in and he can't shoot a lick.  I realize Harden is a lot older than Simmons but Embiid is a creaky 26.  I'm just not sure how Morey see Embiid/Simmons being a contender.   Who's the third of this big 3?   Or are you saying they think they can add Harden without giving either up?

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I like Simmons but we're 3 years in and he can't shoot a lick.  I realize Harden is a lot older than Simmons but Embiid is a creaky 26.  I'm just not sure how Morey see Embiid/Simmons being a contender.   Who's the third of this big 3?   Or are you saying they think they can add Harden without giving either up?

Philly had to remodel their organization. It was a lot of rough spots. That's what Doc/Morey was brought there for. 

Yes, they want Harden without trading Simmons or Embiid. 

Edited by NBASupes

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

This is crazy.  I'm just not sure in what world you don't trade Simmons for Harden straight up if that's on the table.   Unless Harden's personal stuff is just much worse than i thought.  

Age. Age is absolutely huge. One is 24 and the other is 31. That makes a world of difference.