• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

• Moderators
Just now, NBASupes said:

TPE and a future 1st. The usual. 

Personally, I think Toronto can get Simmons with just O.G. and Lowry but getting Lillard would be costly. Everyone wants him. Everyone! It's gonna cost a lot. 

The reason why Toronto is in the lead for Lillard is Portland wants a rebuilding package and they want a franchise player. Some think GS has a shot but it depends who's at 7. If Portland thinks Jalen Suggs is someone they would like, well guess who can get him

Toronto just has the best packages for everybody. 

You'd have to have brass balls to trade Simmons for a 35 year old Lowry and good but not special OG Anunoby.  Lowry is also an expiring contract so you could be left with only OG in a year.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, I've been trying to do the math here but I don't know how they make this work without also shipping OG.  I have them in the luxury unless my math is way off

O.G. is packaged with Lowry. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I don't know that this is the worse news for the Hawks but I also don't know if a [possibly worthless] TPE and a 1st is what we need right now.  We will have a big hole at PF if Collins leaves

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

You'd have to have brass balls to trade Simmons for a 35 year old Lowry and good but not special OG Anunoby.  Lowry is also an expiring contract so you could be left with only OG in a year.  

Lowry is a FA. He would be a SnT. 

O.G. has 4 years left on his deal. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

I actually think the Sixers win the championship this year if they had Lowry over Simmons.  Lowry is like the antithesis of Simmons -- nothing special on paper but heavily contributes to winning basketball.  Agree with you though on the future... no idea how well Lowry is going to be at 36...37...38

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Lowry is a FA. He would be a SnT. 

O.G. has 4 years left on his deal. 

Gotcha.  That is completely fair.  OG is a very nice rotation piece but nothing special.  Giving Lowry a big new deal for his age 35-38 seasons is pretty sketchy.  I think this trade could blow up on Philly very, very easily.  Whether it does or not probably has more to do with whether Simmons bounces back but I still think he has a nice future ahead of him.  Lowry was still very good last year but he saw his Win Shares drop pretty big the last two seasons.  Part of that is on a per minute basis but the other part is him playing less.

46 of 72 games last season after playing 56 the prior year.  That games played number is going to remain challenged going forward.

Just now, AHF said:

Gotcha.  That is completely fair.  OG is a very nice rotation piece but nothing special.  Giving Lowry a big new deal for his age 35-38 seasons is pretty sketchy.  I think this trade could blow up on Philly very, very easily.  Whether it does or not probably has more to do with whether Simmons bounces back but I still think he has a nice future ahead of him.

idk, Simmons wants out. From the other deals for Simmons, O.G. seems to be the best piece available and Lowry is by far the best vet available. 

No one is interested in putting a Edwards or Wiseman for Simmons. It's mainly meh deals for Simmons. I know Philly wants Lillard but Portland wants to rebuild if Lillard is moved. This is why Houston didn't do the deal with Philly. Philly had the best package but you need to suck when you don't have a legit superstar, you don't need a guy who's waiting for the days he can hit FA. 

Philly is a rock in a hard place. It might be much better to take a top 15 SF, 3&D wing and a top 10 PG for Simmons then guys like Beasley and Rubio and future 1sts. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Have to believe that if this has legs from an ATL/Schlenk perspective, there's at least one other shoe to drop, currently cloaked behind the curtain... not upending our 21-22 anticipation to contend on the prayer of a TPE and a future 1st.

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I actually think the Sixers win the championship this year if they had Lowry over Simmons.  Lowry is like the antithesis of Simmons -- nothing special on paper but heavily contributes to winning basketball.  Agree with you though on the future... no idea how well Lowry is going to be at 36...37...38

Not sure about that.  Lowry has always fallen off when the playoffs arrive.  I think 2018 is the only year he has been close to as efficient in the post-season as he was in the regular season.  

I just think Lowry's age makes this a very risky trade when Ben will be like 26, 27, 28.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, NBASupes said:

idk, Simmons wants out. From the other deals for Simmons, O.G. seems to be the best piece available and Lowry is by far the best vet available. 

No one is interested in putting a Edwards or Wiseman for Simmons. It's mainly meh deals for Simmons. I know Philly wants Lillard but Portland wants to rebuild if Lillard is moved. This is why Houston didn't do the deal with Philly. Philly had the best package but you need to suck when you don't have a legit superstar, you don't need a guy who's waiting for the days he can hit FA. 

Philly is a rock in a hard place. It might be much better to take a top 15 SF, 3&D wing and a top 10 PG for Simmons then guys like Beasley and Rubio and future 1sts. 

If that is the best they can get then it becomes a very tough decision whether you deal him at all this offseason.  His value is indisputably at its all-time low.  Do you have to sell low and buy high right now or are you better moving him during the season next year when he should be looking much better?  Maybe moving on is worth selling at the worst possible time but given the age of Simmons and Embiid, I would be reluctant to take a middling 3&D player and a vet who may jump the shark in the next couple years.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Let me dump on this a smidge.  Technically they can't package a player with a sign n trade player in a transaction. You can trade a single sign n trade player for multiple players but you can't package someone with a sign n trade player. Technically it is 2 separate transactions and the OG trade would have to have compensation back that matches according to the CBA.

Thanks for letting me know. 

• Moderators
Just now, thecampster said:

Let me dump on this a smidge.  Technically they can't package a player with a sign n trade player in a transaction. You can trade a single sign n trade player for multiple players but you can't package someone with a sign n trade player. Technically it is 2 separate transactions and the OG trade would have to have compensation back that matches according to the CBA.

This is a good point from a trade mechanic perspective.  It is a big gap between 16M OG and 29M Simmons to fill.  Can be done with players from other teams, etc. but more is is needed.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Lillard

Trent Jr. 

Simmons

Collins

Baynes

So if Toronto trades for these guys:

Lillard - $43 mil and Simmons -$33 mil, plus caphold for Trent Jr - $5 mil, plus Baynes -$7 mil....that's a total of $88 million, that leaves them wth $24 million in capspace to possibly offer Collins , but still have not accounted for the rest of guys on the roster like Boucher etc, so that $24 million is getting smaller.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, I've been trying to do the math here but I don't know how they make this work without also shipping OG.  I have them in the luxury unless my math is way off

Lowry and OG for Simmons is what I think he said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1