• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't. He doesn't have enough offense. We don't really have guys who can create without a playmaker.

I’m with this. Rubio is a good locker room guy and all around team player. At this stage though I think we need someone who can get his more at the backup point like a Derrick Rose or someone that’s almost more of a combo to back Trae.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m worried about his health honestly. I love Gallo when he plays but I’m super worried moving forward regarding how many games he will be able to give us. 

Gallo off the bench for 20mpg in the regular seadon is perfect for him. Up his minutes in the playoffs as needed.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, thecampster said:

The deal as I wrote it is 2 players in the same cap space as was previously 1. Technically, its a cap saving move.  When you consider Rubio has 1 year left and Gallo has 1 year at full salary and another at $5 million guaranteed, it would be a move to create future cap space when you're signing Trae/Huerter next year. Basically clearing $5 million off the books for the 22/23 season. You also aren't necessarily holding on to Rubio the whole season either or not expanding it to a 3 team deal. When these first legit rumors break, its best to not attack it as crap until the whole deal surfaces. 

I'm not trying to crap on you or anything.  But you said, "an Atlanta/Minny trade would look something like this..."  and I'm just saying that looks like crap for Atlanta.  I get the cap savings, but the Hawks don't have to take scraps just to save money this early in the game. I'll just sit back and hope the first iteration of this trade is not the one that sticks.  I understand they will eventually trade Gallo.  That's the business with the position the Hawks are in.  But, imo, he's more valuable than a Rubio/Okogie or Culver return.  

• Thanks 1

Again, I'm not advocating for anything, I'm not on any particular side. I think I'm going to save this exchange and the next time someone questions why I don't go into more detail on something I've heard, I'm going to just direct them back to page 56.

If you have a genius idea what good value would be, by all means post it but there is a long line of people waiting to just crap all over other people's positive input. The internet just lets you jump the line.  Put yourself out there or stop just crapping on everyone else who is just providing you real info on what was actually discussed or is possible.

Edited by thecampster
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Again, I'm not advocating for anything, I'm not on any particular side. I think I'm going to save this exchange and the next time someone questions why I don't go into more detail on something I've heard, I'm going to just direct them back to page 56.

If you have a genius idea what good value would be, by all means post it but there is a long line of people waiting to just crap all over other people's positive input. The internet just lets you jump the line.  Put yourself out there or stop just crapping on everyone else who is just providing you real info on what was actually discussed or is possible.

Whoa if somebody comes at you, they gotta go through me first, campsto.

If I come at you, well .. I wouldn't come at you.  I'd log into one of my burner accounts to do it. 😏

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If I come at you, well .. I wouldn't come at you.  I'd log into one of my burner accounts to do it. 😏

Its been done.  I don't mean to be salty but this happens a lot. You give info and people come at you as if you're proposing it. Its meant to start a discussion. I'm not saying "oh we should do this". What I'm saying is, "hey community this is being discussed by people who matter and I don't have all the details. Here's something that matches salary wise, what does good value look like to you."

I don't have info on the specifics except a Gallo swap was mentioned and due to the cap situations of both teams, it requires similar salaries. So its gotta look something like XYZ. So what other compensation would you want, picks, swaps, etc. 

I didn't do it, its not my idea but it was discussed, it happened and the information is mostly guarded. I spoke about it a few days ago as making sense. I saw the rumor on hoopshype, made a few calls and said what I know with a "I'll say more when I know".....mistakes were made!

Disney Mistakes Were Made GIF - Disney MistakesWereMade MyMistake GIFs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I think you are getting pushback more because there just really isn't a good match between Minnesota's assets and a possible trade for Gallo.  The guys that are available are not worth Gallo while the other guys are too good for Gallo.  Seems like a dead end but I'd expect TS to have the conversation and explore 3 party deals that make sense, etc.

That really has nothing to do with you passing along intel that others are interested in our guys.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think you are getting pushback more because there just really isn't a good match between Minnesota's assets and a possible trade for Gallo.  The guys that are available are not worth Gallo while the other guys are too good for Gallo.  Seems like a dead end but I'd expect TS to have the conversation and explore 3 party deals that make sense, etc.

That really has nothing to do with you passing along intel that others are interested in our guys.  

I took a hard look at it and you're right. Without draft assets, there really isn't a good fit without a 3rd party.  I do like Culver more than most but understand he's a risk.

I think people are overvaluing Gallo right now though based on performance. He is an aging vet and it has to be looked at as a futures market. 

Again, there were no less than 3 teams interested but Minny is the one that put out the leak to the press which told me something was stirring.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I took a hard look at it and you're right. Without draft assets, there really isn't a good fit without a 3rd party.  I do like Culver more than most but understand he's a risk.

I think people are overvaluing Gallo right now though based on performance. He is an aging vet and it has to be looked at as a futures market. 

Again, there were no less than 3 teams interested but Minny is the one that put out the leak to the press which told me something was stirring.

Gallo just finished his age 32 season and does his damage with skill and craft rather than athleticism.  The two seasons prior to this one he averaged 19 and 20 ppg.  I've got no worries about him in the near term.  But we should look at him as being on a 1-2 year contract with either a buyout or expiration of his contract.  

The other thing is there is value in his contract expiring as it dovetails nicely with young players getting big raises.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Gallo just finished his age 32 season and does his damage with skill and craft rather than athleticism.  The two seasons prior to this one he averaged 19 and 20 ppg.  I've got no worries about him in the near term.  But we should look at him as being on a 1-2 year contract with either a buyout or expiration of his contract.  

The other thing is there is value in his contract expiring as it dovetails nicely with young players getting big raises.

That final non-guaranteed year carries a $5 million guaranteed rider for the year Young/Huerter come due. So release him and its still $5 mil against the cap and you need another player.  Keep him and its diminishing skill $21 million + on the ledger.

Good for a rebuilding team, not for one taking on internal salary.

32 minutes ago, AHF said:

Gallo just finished his age 32 season and does his damage with skill and craft rather than athleticism.  The two seasons prior to this one he averaged 19 and 20 ppg. 

This right here. Skill is the last thing to go. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, thecampster said:

That final non-guaranteed year carries a $5 million guaranteed rider for the year Young/Huerter come due. So release him and its still $5 mil against the cap and you need another player.  Keep him and its diminishing skill $21 million + on the ledger.

Good for a rebuilding team, not for one taking on internal salary.

Stretch his $5 million over 3 years, reduces the hit to $1.6 mil. Not my preference  but an option to get under Luxury Tax if needed and penny pinching.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Let's say @thecampster goes through, would you be interested in Lauri Markkanen as a reasonable replacement off the bench? He fits the Hawks timeline too and brings some of the same things as Gallo.

I advocated at the time to draft Markkanen. I think he's improperly used on Chicago. I think Chicago's system has been a mess. They had more talent than their record.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Not sure why you are getting angry.  No one said anything about you or made anything personal.  Just don't think the proposed trade is good value for Gallo.  I didn't realize we weren't supposed to comment on the trade you put out there.  My bad.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I vouch for him I’d see him do it. He’s much rather talk behind your back than to your face. :indifferent:

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Gallo off the bench for 20mpg in the regular seadon is perfect for him. Up his minutes in the playoffs as needed.

Ya I definitely get that. I’m just hoping he’s available when we need him. Again, I love Gallo and what he brings to this team but we have to understand that he is a stop gap vet for us. 

No one in particular (Sturt) told me that it’s near impossible to flip Gallo’s contract because no other teams are gonna want to take on that contract, well we will just see about that. :boxing: